For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
BC didn’t just win, they dominated on both sides of the ball.
Bill O'Brien has that OL (long a strength when BC was good) playing very well. BC is pretty good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bill O'Brien has that OL (long a strength when BC was good) playing very well. BC is pretty good.

We should settle down on "BC IS THE NEW GEORGIA" for at least a week or two. FSU has slapped a stamp on this season and is mailing it in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We should settle down on "BC IS THE NEW GEORGIA" for at least a week or two. FSU has slapped a stamp on this season and is mailing it in.
You're so prone to exaggeration. They went 7-6 and won a bowl game last year. It wasn't a bad team and I think O'Brien is making them better. The whole FSU DL is going to be drafted and the BC OL dominated them.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I don’t know if FSU is getting out of the GOR, but I’m beginning to wonder if it matters. FSU may have over played its hand assuming the SEC and BiG were waiting with open arms.

They launched an idiotic, irritating, and probably doomed lawsuit against their conference after their demand for a greater-than-equal share of conference revenues was denied.

Never mind whatever brand value FSU supposedly brings. Conference schools are supposed to be partners. Who on earth will be eager to partner with this clown show?

Reaction Score
B12 would easily take Clemson.
Is the B12 going to give Clemson an unequal revenue share? Cause that's what Clemson wanted from the ACC before they launched their lawsuit. And an equal share of the B12 is not much different than what they have now.

Clemson launched their idiotic lawsuit because they assumed there will be a spot for them in the P2. Will be hilarious when that spot never materializes. They are not winning the lawsuit anyway, and they are not going to pay the $300m+ that will be required to buy out of the GOR just for a chance at an equal B12 share. Expect them to stay in the ACC until 2036.

Reaction Score
Is the B12 going to give Clemson an unequal revenue share? Cause that's what Clemson wanted from the ACC before they launched their lawsuit. And an equal share of the B12 is not much different than what they have now.

Clemson launched their idiotic lawsuit because they assumed there will be a spot for them in the P2. Will be hilarious when that spot never materializes. They are not winning the lawsuit anyway, and they are not going to pay the $300m+ that will be required to buy out of the GOR just for a chance at an equal B12 share. Expect them to stay in the ACC until 2036.
One way to address revenue distribution is to weight more to the top 3 spots in the standings. If FSU finishes there and earns it, so be it. It doesn’t appear they are a lock to be at the top of the conference every year. Then, ooof, they’d get a smaller share for underperforming.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One way to address revenue distribution is to weight more to the top 3 spots in the standings. If FSU finishes there and earns it, so be it. It doesn’t appear they are a lock to be at the top of the conference every year. Then, ooof, they’d get a smaller share for underperforming.
The irony of their getting a reduced share after lobbying so stridently for unequal shares would be absolutely delicious.

Reaction Score
FSU isn't good this season...but they did have 5 million tune in to the GT game...and 4.49 million for the BC game....

Fans notice wins and losses...media notices viewers.

Reaction Score
Nova is in the peanut gallery Chirp on.
Why would a conference look at FSU’s behavior in the ACC and say “that’s what we want to bring into the conference”? FSU is ugly.

Reaction Score
Why would a conference look at FSU’s behavior in the ACC and say “that’s what we want to bring into the conference”? FSU is ugly.
That's been argued before. Everyone knows that everyone in the ACC would prefer to leave for the B1G or SEC. I think FSU had to try to get out before it was too late because FSU is by far the most valuable player in the ACC. FSU may do other things which make them ugly, but trying to get out of the ACC seems reasonable to me.

Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson are pretty much the same...except for a vital difference.

Clemson, with it's different public information laws, can and does have closed board meetings to discuss leaving the conference.

FSU, with Florida's strict public information laws, must notice all board meetings, admit any to listen including reporters with tape recorders. There can not be any private discussion between two or more board members.

So FSU's discussions re the ACC at the meetings get blared all over while Clemson can fly under the twitterati radar.

Reaction Score
FSU and Clemson are pretty much the same...except for a vital difference.
I think the other vital difference is Clemson is far less valuable/desirable to the top two leagues than FSU, they need to get out and hope to catch on as a +1 with the Seminoles, if there's a jailbreak and everyone bails, they may be relegated to the Big XII as their ceiling.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
My dream scenario is UConn goes the to B12 and wins another double in MBB and WBB, and makes college World Series. Then the ACC gets raided and BC, Cuse, Vile, and Pitt have no where to go.
And UConn goes to the B1G. No scoffing I think it's possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And UConn goes to the B1G. No scoffing I think it's possible.
Mocking Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

Reaction Score
Nova is in the peanut gallery Chirp on.

Nova has a rich academic and athletic history complete with multiple man’s hoop NCs.

They simply chose a different path than seeking to wring out every dollar they could form their athletic department. That’s not the peanut gallery, that’s leadership and focus.

Reaction Score
Nova has a rich academic and athletic history complete with multiple man’s hoop NCs.

They simply chose a different path than seeking to wring out every dollar they could form their athletic department. That’s not the peanut gallery, that’s leadership and focus.
Not sure what you're referring to? Are you saying Nova didn't chase FBS football dreams?

Reaction Score
The ACC is dead when FSU and Clemson leave. Did you not see what happened to the PAC12?

Agreed. In addition you can be sure that when FSU and Clemson leave UMiami, UNC, Duke, UVA, Syracuse and everyone else will be attempting to follow.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're referring to? Are you saying Nova didn't chase FBS football dreams?

Among other things…..

But, mainly to the point of challenging an FSU shill on how they define “peanut gallery”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom