For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12

Reaction Score
Allowing UConn to get an ACC bid. That is the perfect home for the Huskies.
If FSU leaves, then dominos are falling. The ACC after FSU and Clemson leaves means that other schools are leaving too and which translates to UConn just being in the old big east plus california schools and SMU. That conference sucks with out FSU and Clemson.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Clemson is going to be invited anywhere. The ACC will survive and be fine. It will still have very good football schools and be the best basketball conference in the country.
B12 would easily take Clemson.

If FSU & Clemson leave, then UNC is out the door, and it spirals from there with the B12 picking over the carcass.

That said, I suspect FSU finds that the BiG/SEC aren't interested and decides to stay put.

Reaction Score
I think part of this is also the B12 basically boxing in the ACC. With UConn off the board, where does the ACC go for a replacement if FSU or Clemson leave?
They double down on West and go with OSU, WSU, SDSU.

And rename themselves to the "Great Atlantic & Pacific Conference"

Reaction Score
Florida State is not going anywhere. They program isn't that good anymore, it is not clear which of the P2 would actually want them, and if they were leaving and the ACC was about to blow up, the Big 12 wouldn't be talking to us.
B12 would easily take Clemson.

If FSU & Clemson leave, then UNC is out the door, and it spirals from there with the B12 picking over the carcass.

That said, I suspect FSU finds that the BiG/SEC aren't interested and decides to stay put.
FSU is one of the premier football brands in the country. The program had some down years because Jimbo left a mess and they took a while to find a good coach. But they've got one now. That program is $.

Just look at FSU TV ratings, even in down years. Top 15 in the country during losing seasons. They would add massive value to either of the P2, and both of them know it. Don't believe any of the nonsense about the B1G or SEC not being interested. They're just waiting for the legal mess to clear up, whenever that is. I would wager the B1G even makes an exception to their vaunted AAU rule. They just don't want to be seen as destabilizing the ACC before any outcome is even possible, just like when the B1G waited around until the Pac12 imploded before they invited O and W -- as if we didn't know they caused the whole thing.

Reaction Score
If we get in. And that’s IF.

I plan on being even more insufferable than usual.

Reaction Score
They double down on West and go with OSU, WSU, SDSU.

And rename themselves to the "Great Atlantic & Pacific Conference"
Nice

The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, better known as A&P, was an American chain of grocery stores that operated from 1859 to 2015

a&p.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember going there as a kid when I lived in Storrs. Is that picture of the of the store on Route 44?
I don't know which location it is, I just googled the image. "Store Closing" was a nice touch, for the A&P conference.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nice

The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, better known as A&P, was an American chain of grocery stores that operated from 1859 to 2015

View attachment 103158
There was some talk about saving the chain by merging it with Stop & Shop, but it was abandoned because the name Stop & P didn't test well.

Reaction Score
BC downgrades football and goes back to the Big East. They become archrivals with Providence and their lovely fans.
BC, fancying itself as Ivy League, applies for membership, and gets told to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There was some talk about saving the chain by merging it with Stop & Shop, but it was abandoned because the name Stop & P didn't test well.
Lack of creativity. "Stop and P in the Atlantic and Pacific" works just fine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lack of creativity. "Stop and P in the Atlantic and Pacific" works just fine.
Yeah, well, I saw an opportunity to blow the dust off a joke from second grade, and I jumped on it. You have to love the classics.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
FSU is one of the premier football brands in the country. The program had some down years because Jimbo left a mess and they took a while to find a good coach. But they've got one now. That program is $.

Just look at FSU TV ratings, even in down years. Top 15 in the country during losing seasons. They would add massive value to either of the P2, and both of them know it. Don't believe any of the nonsense about the B1G or SEC not being interested. They're just waiting for the legal mess to clear up, whenever that is. I would wager the B1G even makes an exception to their vaunted AAU rule. They just don't want to be seen as destabilizing the ACC before any outcome is even possible, just like when the B1G waited around until the Pac12 imploded before they invited O and W -- as if we didn't know they caused the whole thing.

Let's walk through your logic:

1) FSU is awesome. Whatever.
2) The Big 10 and SEC want FSU. Doubt it, but whatever.
3) FSU and Clemson leave, ACC collapses.
4) Any of the good ACC programs find a home in one of the P3, a few dregs (Syracuse, BCU) are flailing looking for a home.
5) In this scenario, UConn will never get its football program into a major conference.
6) Does this mean you are advocating shutting down the UConn football program?

Reaction Score

4) Any of the good ACC programs find a home in one of the P3, a few dregs (Syracuse, BCU) are flailing looking for a home.
5) In this scenario, UConn will never get its football program into a major conference.
Huh? Most of that is your own logic not mine. My logic was only #2 on your list. That’s it.

Reaction Score
GT did win a conference championship in the last 20 years. They will win a few games this year. So will Miami. The Canes believe that this will be the year that they win the ACC.

Reaction Score
All this talk about FSU when the real gem of the ACC is Georgia Tech.

FSU is already 0-1 in conference.

Zissou...did I miss it ? Or is Villanova being talked of in conference realignment ?

Reaction Score

If we don’t get into the big12 then getting into a watered down ACC is the only way we can keep football. But it would depend on the conference not being too watered down. The new ACC would need at least 12 teams including some backfills.

It would be a distant 4th in terms of strength but I wouldn’t have any problem playing in the best “Group of 6” football conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
GT did win a conference championship in the last 20 years. They will win a few games this year. So will Miami. The Canes believe that this will be the year that they win the ACC.
I think they are right. Clemson isn’t what it was. VT is another team that was really strong in the past and hasn’t held up.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Their program isn't that good anymore"

Uhh, you realize they were undefeated all of last season and were legitimate national title contenders until their star QB got a season ending injury?
Still good and will probably still make the playoff.

These posts didn't age well.

Reaction Score
“Bad, desperate, and uninspired: FSU moves to 0-2 on the season in home loss to Boston College”

rgw

Reaction Score
Dream scenario:

UConn joins Big 12 --> ACC exploads --> Cuse, Pitt, Duke, VA Tech join Big 12 --> BC joins the MAC and loses to UMass yearly. The end.
This is more likely than you imagine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom