For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
"Their program isn't that good anymore"

Uhh, you realize they were undefeated all of last season and were legitimate national title contenders until their star QB got a season ending injury?

0-3, and it isn’t like FSU lost to 3 powerhouses.

pj

Reaction Score
Ideally UConn seems like a better fit in the ACC but they don’t seem to desire UConn for some reason. Some of the Big 12 desires UConn for some reason. It’s like dating. Go where you are desired, otherwise it’s a waste of time.

They don't desire UConn because UConn doesn't add money for them under the current TV deal. They have to get out from under that ESPN contract, then they will desire UConn.

Reaction Score
0-3, and it isn’t like FSU lost to 3 powerhouses.
My point still stands. You said their program isn't good anymore after they won 19 in a row and would've made the playoff if their star QB didn't get hurt. They obviously suck now and and you may well be right, but it was a ridiculous thing to say after the great season they just had.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My point still stands. You said their program isn't good anymore after they won 19 in a row and would've made the playoff if their star QB didn't get hurt. They obviously suck now and and you may well be right, but it was a ridiculous thing to say after the great season they just had.

I checked, and FSU is 0-3, with losses to Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Memphis. I would just take the "L" if I was you.

Reaction Score
FSU has like 46 new players and a bad QB. They’ll be back. This is a symptom of the portal. You can quickly rebuild a roster but if the mix isn’t right, it won’t go too well.

Reaction Score
FSU has like 46 new players and a bad QB. They’ll be back. This is a symptom of the portal. You can quickly rebuild a roster but if the mix isn’t right, it won’t go too well.
cultures are important

Reaction Score
In the alternate history, in addition to the Eastern 8 - Big East merger, Cincy, Temple, Miami, FSU, Louisville, and Va Tech are added:
  • Penn State, Pitt, WV, Cincinnati,
  • BC, Holy Cross, UConn, UMass
  • Syracuse, Nova, Rutgers, Temple
  • Miami, FSU, Louisville, Va Tech
If Notre Dame could have been brought over too...imagine...just dreaming in the alternate universe.

Reaction Score
Our best shot is FSU to realize defeat allowing the ACC to stay intact. That opens the door for Yormark to make another run at the anti-UConn block in the Big 12.

The ACC doesn't want us, and the version of the ACC that would isn't one we want.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our best shot is FSU to realize defeat allowing the ACC to stay intact. That opens the door for Yormark to make another run at the anti-UConn block in the Big 12.

The ACC doesn't want us, and the version of the ACC that would isn't one we want.
Agree, 100%. We are less attractive to big 12 presidents if they have visions of ACC schools dancing in their heads. A stable ACC moves us up in the list of potential candidates.

On the other hand, we probably are an attractive edition in an ACC that lacks FSU and Clemson, mostly because what are almost certainly to no votes are gone. The question is whether the remaining ACC continues to be a P4 conference or gets relegated to PAC 12 status. Either way, it would still be a step up from our current situation.

Reaction Score
Agree, 100%. We are less attractive to big 12 presidents if they have visions of ACC schools dancing in their heads. A stable ACC moves us up in the list of potential candidates.

On the other hand, we probably are an attractive edition in an ACC that lacks FSU and Clemson, mostly because what are almost certainly to no votes are gone. The question is whether the remaining ACC continues to be a P4 conference or gets relegated to PAC 12 status. Either way, it would still be a step up from our current situation.
If FSU and Clemson leave, they won't be the only ones out the door. That is the problem. UNC, UVA, and probably GA Tech will be right behind them. Hell, VA Tech and NC State would be attractive to the Big 12. We need the ACC to remain as is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If FSU and Clemson leave, they won't be the only ones out the door. That is the problem. UNC, UVA, and probably GA Tech will be right behind them. Hell, VA Tech and NC State would be attractive to the Big 12. We need the ACC to remain as is.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. It really depends on how bad the hemorrhaging is, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom