Florida | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Florida

Reaction Score
Half of my family live in Tampa and St. Pete. Some evacuated, some didn’t. My uncle who lives in CT now is supposed to close on his house in Sarasota on Monday…if there’s still a house to close on that is. This seems nuts, talked to a few fam members that are down there and stayed and it’s beyond their worst fears they said.
I heard Sarasota is holding up fairly well. It’s the areas south of the eye that are getting pummeled

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20220928-180444_Signal.jpg

Reaction Score
I heard Sarasota is holding up fairly well. It’s the areas south of the eye that are getting pummeled
They just said that the eyewall came about 15 miles south of Sarasota which I’m happy about being in Lakewood Ranch. Monitoring my house cams, still power but big rain and wind. Maybe 3 hours to be out of woods there I hope.

Reaction Score
They just said that the eyewall came about 15 miles south of Sarasota which I’m happy about being in Lakewood Ranch. Monitoring my house cams, still power but big rain and wind. Maybe 3 hours to be out of woods there I hope.
Yup. 80% of county without power. They buried our power and fiber lines last summer. My hood is still good according to neighbors and cameras

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Gentlemen, we almost lost Cantore
Losing Cantore would be like cutting my wife’s arm off!! We are up in Mass and when my kids heard he was in Clearwater they were concerned she was going to fly down!! I like Jim but am a bigger Stephanie Abrams fan!!

Reaction Score
Was up Cape Cod for Hurricane Bob. Can't imagine what a 4 almost 5 would be like.

Hope my cousin is alright. She's in Weston, FL. She had power still around 2 PM. Haven't heard anything since.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yup. 80% of county without power. They buried our power and fiber lines last summer. My hood is still good according to neighbors and cameras
WESH in Orlando just said the county is 100% without power.

The wind is sounding a little scarier here in Orlando

Reaction Score
Was up Cape Cod for Hurricane Bob. Can't imagine what a 4 almost 5 would be like.

Hope my cousin is alright. She's in Weston, FL. She had power still around 2 PM. Haven't heard anything since.
I was there for Bob, but I took a nap and missed the storm part. Spent the rest of the week without power, and finding new routes all over Eastham. Still a memorable week.

Reaction Score
I was in one Hurricane, Alicia in '84, when I lived in Houston. It was only a Cat 1 and I swore then that I would never experience another. I do not understand why anyone would live where that is a risk. That being said, I wish all Huskies and all Floridians my best wishes to come thru this storm in great health, and with as little property damage as possible.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Please stay safe.

They are on Park Boulevard North. Still no contact. They live in a condo there. 2nd floor.

My sister in law said that phone service was interrupted with my in laws in Venice at 8:30pm tonight. Power was out there as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Losing Cantore would be like cutting my wife’s arm off!! We are up in Mass and when my kids heard he was in Clearwater they were concerned she was going to fly down!! I like Jim but am a bigger Stephanie Abrams fan!!

She‘s awful.

Truly awful.

Reaction Score
My sister in law said that phone service was interrupted with my in laws in Venice at 8:30pm tonight. Power was out there as well.
Internet and power just came back for me - Cell service sketchy - Restarting the phone seems to put you in front of everyone for about 10 min and the call will drop. Minor damage at my home. Some soffit and insulation gone - trees uprooted. Island got hit hard. Going to patch up and sunrise and bike around.

Reaction Score
One good thing about these late season hurricanes is they often take the humidity with them. We are going to see terrific cleanup and dry out weather over the next two weeks with really nice, dry weather.

Reaction Score
I'm back. Ian killed my internet for 3 days, but I never lost power. I was quite far from the storm in Broward Cty. but we still had high winds, tornados touched down nearby and roads were closed for flooding. King tides at high tide put the water to the top of our seawall!

StilI, it's nothing like what happened on the west coast. I have friends in Cape Coral and Ft. Meyers. Hope everyone is safe and well.

Reaction Score
Something I never thought about as a New Englander - the news is telling people they shouldn’t let kid play in the street flooding. There are gators and snakes (cottonmouths) in the water
But they will. Kids are jet skiing the flood waters in Naples. They do it after every hurricane. It’s all part of learning to live like a native. Just an fyi, Cottonmouths swim on top of the water. It’s a great help in knowing what you are seeing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom