Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Much more important for a PG is a guy who runs the offense and can defend. Your shooting guard is the one that needs to, well, you know, shoot.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
IMO..Locke is a nice to have guy--Not a have to have guy.

Too much talent in the portal. DH/staff doing the ninja recruiting stuff. Very quiet.
Dan on the trail...
kung fu 80s GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
nothing he's just from NJ

what is wrong though, is that hawk is the only 1 of hurley's 13 signed recruits thus far expected to shoot at or above 40% from 3

Where does that 40% number come from? JJ Reddick shot 40%. This year 33 guys managed it. Most for non power teams. Anything over 35% is good. Bazz hit 40% his last two seasons. Kemba didn't get close. Jeremy Lamb shot .335 his sophomore season. Ben Gordon shot 40%. Can't expect to have many guys like that on a team. Lucky to have one.

NCAA College Men's Basketball DI current individual Stats | NCAA.com

Reaction Score
Where does that 40% number come from? JJ Reddick shot 40%. This year 33 guys managed it. Most for non power teams. Anything over 35% is good. Bazz hit 40% his last two seasons. Kemba didn't get close. Jeremy Lamb shot .335 his sophomore season. Ben Gordon shot 40%. Can't expect to have many guys like that on a team. Lucky to have one.

NCAA College Men's Basketball DI current individual Stats | NCAA
That leaderboard is wrong, I'm not sure what filter they have on but there's 100 players above 43% and that's where the lists stop

Reaction Score
That leaderboard is wrong, I'm not sure what filter they have on but there's 100 players above 43% and that's where the lists stop

Looks like there are just different qualifying numbers. The NCAA website has a higher qualifying metric.

ESPN has guys on their list that shot 30-40 attempts. Not exactly a large sample size.

I tend to agree that 35% or better is a good shooter at decent volume.

Reaction Score
Looks like there are just different qualifying numbers. The NCAA website has a higher qualifying metric.

ESPN has guys on their list that shot 30-40 attempts. Not exactly a large sample size.

Yeah that must be it, it's just strange because the NCAA list is missing guys who took 5 a game and over 100 for the season. That seems like a big enough sample to be included

Reaction Score
Yeah that must be it, it's just strange because the NCAA list is missing guys who took 5 a game and over 100 for the season. That seems like a big enough sample to be included

Interesting - i didn't notice that. That does seem like they should be included.

Reaction Score
I'm always reminded of Brian Fair (18 mpg) senior year when I think of 3 point shooters off the bench. 41% three point shooter, 45% his senior year. During his senior year played alongside Ray (33 mpg) and Doron (30 mpg) as sophomores and Ollie (31 mpg) as a senior. They need to find a great shooter willing to share the minutes.

"Brian Fair was a Guard for the UConn Huskies from 1991 – 1995. He’s a member of the UConn Basketball All Century Ballot, he’s No. 2 in career three-point field goal shooting and No. 10 in career games played, at 125."
UCONN Hoop Legends: BRIAN FAIR
He was a highly rated recruit out of Arizona. JC snatched him from Lute Olsen's clutches. I was psyched when he committed to UConn. Loved me some Brian Fair. Deadly.

Reaction Score
He was a highly rated recruit out of Arizona. JC snatched him from Lute Olsen's clutches. I was psyched when he committed to UConn. Loved me some Brian Fair. Deadly.
Though he was basically a spot up shooter, Fair had some great moments. I remember a quote from Jim Boeheim, something along the lines of. "Based on what I've seen in our games, I think Brian Fair is the best shooter to come along in this league since Chris Mullin" ;) Fair always seemed to light it up against Cuse's zone.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Didn't Fair spend a season as a wide receiver with the football team after 4 with hoops?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

If you can only have one skill, 3-point shooting isn't a bad one to have.

Reaction Score
Didn't Fair spend a season as a wide receiver with the football team after 4 with hoops?
"After playing basketball for four years, Brian went back to UConn the following year to finish his studies and get his Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology. During that additional year at UConn, Brian, who still had the fire in him to play football, had the chance to play that sport. He played two games for the Huskies in the fall of 1995 before getting called for a try out with the Dallas Mavericks where he was on the roster until the day before the opening game and then was released."

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'I tend to agree that 35% or better is a good shooter at decent volume.'
overall, rj shot 3s at .386 on around 100 shots, and jalen shot .362 on around 50 shots.
so we agree that those 2 are good 3 pt shooters, right?
jmoney will continue to dramatically improve, like he did from last season to this one.

Reaction Score
'I tend to agree that 35% or better is a good shooter at decent volume.'
overall, rj shot 3s at .386 on around 100 shots, and jalen shot .362 on around 50 shots.
so we agree that those 2 are good 3 pt shooters, right?
jmoney will continue to dramatically improve, like he did from last season to this one.

yes and my eyes would say both are good not great shooters, but we need also need more of them

Reaction Score
Anything over 35% is good....Can't expect to have many guys like that on a team. Lucky to have one.
wrong list, there's plenty of 40% 3 pt shooters out there. baylor had 3 guys above 40% and 2 other guys above 39%.

even if 35% is your magical number my point stands: of hurley's 13 signed recruits only 2 shot over 35% from 3 plus hawk is expected to. 3 out of 13 is not good.

with cole at 38% and gaff at 36% you think we had enough 3 pt shooting last year? certainly not and adding 1 more isnt enough

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What's wrong with Diggins?

His body, shiftiness, and breakdown ability is BAdams level. I don't see the quickness needed to break his man down. His athleticism nothing special. His shooting is so-so with a low release point, and his defense not good. He is basically BAdams and Eric Ayala combined into one player.

Compare these point guards to the ones we had under Calhoun and you tell me which one of them you would take over what we had before. None. I would take Jalen Adams over our current group of point guards too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yes and my eyes would say both are good not great shooters, but we need also need more of them
i (for one?) fully expect jalen to get at, or over, 40% next season.

Reaction Score
His body, shiftiness, and breakdown ability is BAdams level. I don't see the quickness needed to break his man down. His athleticism nothing special. His shooting is so-so with a low release point, and his defense not good. He is basically BAdams and Eric Ayala combined into one player.

Compare these point guards to the ones we had under Calhoun and you tell me which one of them you would take over what we had before. None. I would take Jalen Adams over our current group of point guards too.
Yikes, you post so much nonsense.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

You're talking about the consensus top 50 recruit who was by far the best player in Pennsylvania and was the captain of one of the best high school teams in the country for multiple years right? The one that we beat out Villanova to get? Dear God, get some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom