Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, the 4 man is the most critical because he’s drawing a big away from the basket. We just don’t have any that can shoot.
i'm fully aware. but given that we don't have any PFs that can shoot, going small with martin and aj could be the best workaround. they arent good shooters either but are more versatile on offense than akok and springs given their passing and ability to put the ball on the floor.

not saying it's not ideal by any means but if nothing else, martin/aj at the 4 ensures we have at least 3 competent shooters on the floor plus sanogo, whereas if martin/aj are at the 3 then we'll probably only have 2 competent shooters on the floor.

of course getting a PF transfer that can shoot 40% from 3 would solve this problem but i'm trying to work with what we got

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i'm fully aware. but given that we don't have any PFs that can shoot, going small with martin and aj could be the best workaround. they arent good shooters either but are more versatile on offense than akok and springs given their passing and ability to put the ball on the floor.

not saying it's not ideal by any means but if nothing else, martin/aj at the 4 ensures we have at least 3 competent shooters on the floor plus sanogo, whereas if martin/aj are at the 3 then we'll probably only have 2 competent shooters on the floor.

of course getting a PF transfer that can shoot 40% from 3 would solve this problem but i'm trying to work with what we got

Akok can shoot. I think Johnson can shoot. I don't think a PF needs to be a great 3 point shooter, just enough of a threat.

Reaction Score
Akok can shoot. I think Johnson can shoot. I don't think a PF needs to be a great 3 point shooter, just enough of a threat.
i'd normally agree that a PF doesnt need to be a great 3 pt shooter, but thats assuming there's at least 3 other good shooters in the lineup, which we dont have. akok at 26% last year isnt good enough to play alongside martin/aj and sanogo. counting on a big jump from him for that to work.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i'd normally agree that a PF doesnt need to be a great 3 pt shooter, but thats assuming there's at least 3 other good shooters in the lineup, which we dont have. akok at 26% last year isnt good enough to play alongside martin/aj and sanogo. counting on a big jump from him for that to work.

He will be fine. I don't want to play any PF that can't defend the paint and block shots. But we just disagree on this point anyway. Hoping Jackson improves and Martin is good enough, except during his late season slump. I predict that we even see Sanogo hitting face up jumpers next year. Not from 3, but even short jumpers will make him very hard to guard.

Reaction Score

Entering the draft, and if he decides to stay in college he will transfer. Doesn’t effect their scholarship count since he is a grad transfer. So I think as of this moment, Maryland still has no more scholarships available for Locke.

Reaction Score
He will be fine. I don't want to play any PF that can't defend the paint and block shots. But we just disagree on this point anyway. Hoping Jackson improves and Martin is good enough, except during his late season slump. I predict that we even see Sanogo hitting face up jumpers next year. Not from 3, but even short jumpers will make him very hard to guard.

We need a PF who can block shots and defend the paint if we're going to hard hedge with the C as much as we do.

Samson and Akok is the model. Long, can cover ground in the help and block shots but also switch on the perimeter. Obviously neither is as good as we want at the PF spot yet, but they'll get there in a year or two.

Reaction Score

Entering the draft, and if he decides to stay in college he will transfer. Doesn’t effect their scholarship count since he is a grad transfer. So I think as of this moment, Maryland still has no more scholarships available for Locke.

I would love to have him. Seemed to be a pain in the @$$ to play against.

Reaction Score
I did notice that the official Louisville MBB instagram account recently followed him, along with a couple of Louisville players. Not that necessarily means anything, just an observation

Kind of getting the sense that Louisville has been the favorite based on the posts on here, so it makes sense

Reaction Score
I agree Akok can shoot but can he make them? Not much of a track record to go by.

Reaction Score
Too much talent in the portal. DH/staff doing the ninja recruiting stuff. Very quiet.
Recruiting transfers is typically quiet, no crystal ball... they move relatively quick.

Reaction Score
talented but timid. Totally agree.

How people can watch these high level NCAA games and be content with our guard situation is beyond me.

Our returning guards and wings don’t start on or scare about any of these teams.

Our point guards and overall guard situation is a big problem. You can't go where we want to go and where we have been under Calhoun with Cole/Gaff/Diggins as your point guards of the future. It's a big time problem.

AJacks needs to take a big leap this offseason for us to be really good. Hawk needs to be ready to contribute as well.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Our point guards and overall guard situation is a big problem. You can't go where we want to go and where we have been under Calhoun with Cole/Gaff/Diggins as your point guards of the future. It's a big time problem.

AJacks needs to take a big leap this offseason for us to be really good. Hawk needs to be ready to contribute as well.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy
What's wrong with Diggins?

Reaction Score
What's wrong with Diggins?
nothing he's just from NJ

what is wrong though, is that hawk is the only 1 of hurley's 13 signed recruits thus far expected to shoot at or above 40% from 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog