Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's not over- think the Fatts deal. He wanted PT and DH could not provide it over the guys he currently has and likes (including Sool coming in).

No one knows Fatts better than DH and I just think that they each understood he would have better options elsewhere.

Only DH knows who else he's looking at right now to fill remaining spots. Pretty simple.

Hope Fatts has a great year and puts himself in position to have some NBA interest.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Sounds like the fanbases I make fun of for accusing us of paying for Adama. Definitely sour grapes. We were never on Fatts’ radar, he posted a list of like 20 something schools and we weren’t on it.
I feel like calling some schools out is stupid. We all know competition is crazy for these kids and a bunch of them get paid.

Reaction Score
think wahab was easily the best big man in the portal. all america potential next year.
He’s pretty one dimensional. I’m not sure he’ll play enough minutes (he probably won’t play much when they go small) to average AA type numbers, but I agree that he’s a really good traditional C. Pretty rare today too

Reactions: Ugh
Reaction Score
He’s a good player - overrated in my opinion - but there’s nothing about him that answers any roster question we might have.
Yeah agreed. It’s different for Maryland because they can stretch the floor out and open some lanes for Fatts, which we never could. But ultimately Fatts is a gamble because we’ve seen how putrid he can be this year.

Reaction Score
that's pretty much why i didnt mention him. how much of an improvement can we expect with his 3 pt shooting? 5%? 10%?

if he increased his 3pt shooting by 5% from his frosh year he'd be at a measly 31%. not good enough for a stretch 4 that can't provide spacing with his passing or attacking ability like aj/martin. so if that's the case i'd prefer if he put on another ~5lbs and play stretch 5.
I don’t think 5 pounds is the difference between playing center and power forward.

Reaction Score
No one knows Fatts better than DH and I just think that they each understood he would have better options elsewhere.

This is pretty much it. They’re super tight, but it just wasn’t a match.

Fatts was injured last year, and no one on that roster really understood their role. I hope he has a strong bonus year.

Reaction Score
I don’t think 5 pounds is the difference between playing center and power forward.
lol you either didnt play bball or take things too literally. it's a comment regarding his potential effectiveness at C. i'm not decreeing that anyone must be at least 220 or they cant play C...

there is sucha thing as a target weight it's not pulled out of thin air. 5 lbs of muscle makes a huge difference and i think akok's listed weight of 215 is exaggerated to begin with. the problem is he can't bulk up too much more or he might risk further injury to his limbs. go ahead and make jokes tho

Last edited:
Reaction Score
you obviously didnt play bball. there is sucha thing as a target weight it's not pulled out of thin air. 5 lbs of muscle makes a huge difference and i think akok's listed weight of 215 is exaggerated to begin with. the problem is he can't bulk up too much more or he might risk further injury to his limbs. go ahead and make jokes tho
Thank you for taking such an a hole stance for someone having a difference of opinion. 5 pounds in the grand scheme of things will probably not tip the scales one way or another with akok. Against some teams he will be able to match up at the 5 and some he will not. Your magical 5 pounds will have minimal impact.

Reaction Score
Thank you for taking such an a hole stance for someone having a difference of opinion. 5 pounds in the grand scheme of things will probably not tip the scales one way or another with akok. Against some teams he will be able to match up at the 5 and some he will not. Your magical 5 pounds will have minimal impact.
like your a hole retort in the first place? like i said you didn't play. i would have killed for another ~5 lbs of muscle in college playing stretch 4. you are mocking my "magical number" without giving one yourself. how much more weight should he put on to play C effectively? 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 lbs?

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
like your a hole retort in the first place? like i said you didn't play. i would have killed for another ~5 lbs of muscle in college playing stretch 4. you are mocking my "magical number" without giving one yourself. how much more weight should be put on to be able to play C effectively. 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 , 9?
I guess without that 5 you didn’t play much either?

Reaction Score
like your a hole retort in the first place? like i said you didn't play. i would have killed for another ~5 lbs of muscle in college playing stretch 4. you are mocking my "magical number" without giving one yourself. how much more weight should he put on to play C effectively? 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 lbs?
When you start thinking in terms of weight is when you get yourself into trouble ala josh Carlton last season. Functional strength and power are all I think he should focus on. Me saying I don’t think 5 pounds is the difference between positions is not insulting you as to the level of basketball you attained. You wanna debate I have no issue, you wanna throw insults that’s another story.

Reaction Score
When you start thinking in terms of weight is when you get yourself into trouble ala josh Carlton last season. Functional strength and power are all I think he should focus on. Me saying I don’t think 5 pounds is the difference between positions is not insulting you as to the level of basketball you attained. You wanna debate I have no issue, you wanna throw insults that’s another story.
apologies. i agree weight is not just a number it depends on body type too. i had noted this balance before, maybe in another thread. akok still needs to bulk up but as i said he can't put on too much more weight without risking injury to his legs. right now he's just too thin to be effective against most other Cs. i think another ~5 lbs or so would both benefit him in the post while also being safe. in other words it could be a good next step in his development.

Reaction Score
apologies. i agree weight is not just a number it depends on body type too. i had noted this balance before, maybe in another thread. akok still needs to bulk up but as i said he can't put on too much more weight without risking injury to his legs. right now he's just too thin to be effective against most other Cs. i think another ~5 lbs or so would both benefit him in the post while also being safe. in other words it could be a good next step in his development.
I think situationally he will be ok to be there. Akok is known as a hard worker and I’m sure with the improvements to the strength and conditioning program will help him make the type of gains we are hoping for. The injury to the leg is the wildcard to the whole thing. Unless mistakes were made I think he bounces back in a big way!

Reaction Score
Maybe that's why he knows how to spell, use capital letters, apostrophes and punctuation............like you might some day. :rolleyes:
To be fair, English isn’t his first language, so some slack might be warranted.

Reaction Score
To be fair, English isn’t his first language, so some slack might be warranted.
where is this coming from? sargeant fired first he doesnt need you to defend him

Reaction Score
where is this coming from? sargeant fired first he doesnt need you to defend him
I thought that you were the guy from Romania? Am I mistaking you for someone else?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Things get interesting if you consider 6th man Tyrese Martin.
I actually see Gaffney starting and Cole coming off the bench as 6th man. His height exposed him defensively. Starting is more a badge of honor. In the end you get the minutes depending on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom