Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
i'm all in on aj and martin splitting their time between both forward spots next year

the negative offensive impact of their poor shooting is minimized at the 4 spot by ensuring we have good shooters in the lineup at 1-3. they should still be able to spread the floor with their quickness and ability to drive past bigger defenders and they both have good size and are above average rebounders
No, the 4 man is the most critical because he’s drawing a big away from the basket. We just don’t have any that can shoot.

Reaction Score
I actually see Gaffney starting and Cole coming off the bench as 6th man. His height exposed him defensively. Starting is more a badge of honor. In the end you get the minutes depending on the situation.

We are in big trouble if our best is Gaff I’m afraid. And while Cole did get backed down on occasion he was a ton better guarding on the perimeter than Gaff and a better all around player. Would like for Diggins to make a run at the spot if he’s ready or a transfer who can impact. Need to be more dynamic at the 1/2 guard position next year now without Bouk. Might be one of the freshman or both.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are in big trouble if our best is Gaff I’m afraid.
talented but timid. Totally agree.
Need to be more dynamic at the 1/2 guard position next year now without Bouk. Might be one of the freshman or both.
How people can watch these high level NCAA games and be content with our guard situation is beyond me.

Our returning guards and wings don’t start on or scare about any of these teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We don’t miss on zoom.
We Are Doomed News GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
How people can watch these high level NCAA games and be content with our guard situation is beyond me.

Our returning guards and wings don’t start on or scare about any of these teams.
Exactly. Calhoun used to recruit over every single position and it seemed to work out very well for him.

Someone said it best on another thread but I can’t find it: We can’t act like there are too many mouths to feed on this team when we got bounced in the first round of the tourney.

Reaction Score

Every position should be recruited over. Thats the nature of sports, if kids are afraid of a competition for minutes, then they need to get better lol.

And it shouldn’t be a surprise to them either. We need shooters. And guys who can score will play more than guys who can’t

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Every position should be recruited over. Thats the nature of sports, if kids are afraid of a competition for minutes, then they need to get better lol.

And it shouldn’t be a surprise to them either. We need shooters. And guys who can score will play more than guys who can’t
Unless they don't play defense

Reaction Score

Agreed 100%. Hurley really does get the most out of guys defensively a lot of the time. RJ and Tyrese were both known as pretty suspect defenders coming in to this season. Rese looked solid all year, and RJ (despite what some people say on here) was actually really good.

Even if we bring in a guy like Locke who isn't known for defense, I don't worry about it because Hurley demands a lot on that end and the guys respond.

Reaction Score
Agreed 100%. Hurley really does get the most out of guys defensively a lot of the time. RJ and Tyrese were both known as pretty suspect defenders coming in to this season. Rese looked solid all year, and RJ (despite what some people say on here) was actually really good.

Even if we bring in a guy like Locke who isn't known for defense, I don't worry about it because Hurley demands a lot on that end and the guys respond.
If Locke wants to see the floor in Storrs. He'll play defense.

Reaction Score
Any idea on Locke's timeline?
He is supposed to finish all of his zoom meetings today
I imagine he will announce by the end of this week if not earlier
But I wont lie it does not look great right now

Reaction Score

Great guard play has always been the key to March success especially for us. Always should be upgrading this position

Reaction Score
He is supposed to finish all of his zoom meetings today
I imagine he will announce by the end of this week if not earlier
But I wont lie it does not look great right now
What is your basis for saying it doesn’t look good right now? I haven’t heard much either way, so I’m genuinely curious.

Reaction Score
What is your basis for saying it doesn’t look good right now? I haven’t heard much either way, so I’m genuinely curious.
"The Ville" is why I dont think it looks good right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog