Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I meant of recent history.
I don’t even know what that means. Recent history like we played a NCAA tournament game where no one on the team could make a shot so now no one will want to play for UConn? If so, that’s bizarre.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Watch this and tell me this isn’t exactly what we need. He shoots so well the at :18 the opposing coaches are all screaming “cover the corner!!!!”

Reaction Score
And we have some of our own fans saying we won't be good next year because we'll have the same team as this year minus Bouknight as if really talented players don't improve as they get older in a program, as if chemistry doesn't matter, and as if adding Akok and the three highly ranked freshmen doesn't matter. It's whacky around here.
What’s whacky is saying definitively we will be more talented. There is no evidence of that. We are losing a lottery pick and don’t have a single person who can create his own shot. Sure, guys can make leaps and I expect some to do so. But to state we are better is just flat out wrong. At best, that is tbd. Currently, we are not.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
&
I don’t even know what that means. Recent history like we played a NCAA tournament game where no one on the team could make a shot so now no one will want to play for UConn? If so, that’s bizarre.
I meant during Hurleys tenure, probably thinking Ollie as well. Thinking of pursued transfers/recruits who upon missing out on we historically have found rationales for why we really didn't need that transfer/recruit, i.e., no positional fit, player was scared off by our talent. Point being, the comments on the BY have historically reflected grandiose delusions of our talent vis a vis the recruit we missed.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
What’s whacky is saying definitively we will be more talented. There is no evidence of that. We are losing a lottery pick and don’t have a single person who can create his own shot. Sure, guys can make leaps and I expect some to do so. But to state we are better is just flat out wrong. At best, that is tbd. Currently, we are not.
Where were you earlier in the day when I needed you?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No clue if you used it correctly but any post with vis a vis in it gets a like.

Reaction Score
What’s whacky is saying definitively we will be more talented. There is no evidence of that. We are losing a lottery pick and don’t have a single person who can create his own shot. Sure, guys can make leaps and I expect some to do so. But to state we are better is just flat out wrong.
I think losing one really talented guy and returning everyone else while gaining at least 4 talented guys makes us more talented. You disagree and that's fine.

Reaction Score
I think losing one really talented guy and returning everyone else while gaining at least 4 talented guys makes us more talented. You disagree and that's fine.
Fair enough. Are you at all concerned about how we are going to score points? To me, the guy leaving opened things up offensively for everyone else. Without him, I am very concerned. Thats why I felt Richmond should have been a priority.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Are you at all concerned about how we are going to score points? To me, the guy leaving opened things up offensively for everyone else. Without him, I am very concerned. Thats why I felt Richmond should have been a priority.
I was very concerned coming into this season because I didn’t think anyone could replace Vital. Kids will step up. When Hawkins drops 25 against New Hampshire in November we will be psyched

Reaction Score
I was very concerned coming into this season because I didn’t think anyone could replace Vital. Kids will step up. When Hawkins drops 25 against New Hampshire in November we will be psyched
I guess the concern is consistency. We saw a few times last year when James struggled to score, how flat everyone else looked.

Reaction Score
Watch this and tell me this isn’t exactly what we need. He shoots so well the at :18 the opposing coaches are all screaming “cover the corner!!!!”

If Polley doesnt come back maybe we want him! I like the guys coming in . Honestly he is nothing special! We need a 3 period!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This is what I posted in the Richmond thread the day he announced he was hitting the portal; and I was told my multiple posters that this was a silly concern because Richmond would be a starter here on day one:
Obviously, “he was afraid of competition.“

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
wrong list, there's plenty of 40% 3 pt shooters out there. baylor had 3 guys above 40% and 2 other guys above 39%.

even if 35% is your magical number my point stands: of hurley's 13 signed recruits only 2 shot over 35% from 3 plus hawk is expected to. 3 out of 13 is not good.

with cole at 38% and gaff at 36% you think we had enough 3 pt shooting last year? certainly not and adding 1 more isnt enough
That stat on Baylor is interesting to say the least. Does anyone know how good were the percentages of these guys as recruits or did they get it from practice (hard work) while in college? I have to believe that there is rarely a shooter who does not require extensive practice (after hours) to build up a high percentage of threes. So from a recruiting standpoint one of the highest attributes has to be character and motivation because the demands on one's time and energy (in the face of distractions) are going to be great. I still am bugged when I think of us losing a title to Baylor with the talent we had on that team. On the flip side hats off to their tenacity
and work ethic. They've found a way like Nova and set the standard. Getting back to school in the summer or going to a camp pays huge dividends. I think overall they played very hard this year; now build on it this summer.

Reaction Score
Whether we get Locke or not, I feel like Polley coming back would be a huge help. We need that 3 point threat - at minimum to open things up for the other guys on the floor.

Reaction Score
That stat on Baylor is interesting to say the least. Does anyone know how good were the percentages of these guys as recruits or did they get it from practice (hard work) while in college? I have to believe that there is rarely a shooter who does not require extensive practice (after hours) to build up a high percentage of threes. So from a recruiting standpoint one of the highest attributes has to be character and motivation because the demands on one's time and energy (in the face of distractions) are going to be great. I still am bugged when I think of us losing a title to Baylor with the talent we had on that team. On the flip side hats off to their tenacity
and work ethic. They've found a way like Nova and set the standard. Getting back to school in the summer or going to a camp pays huge dividends. I think overall they played very hard this year; now build on it this summer.

You still need to be able to shoot it somewhat I believe. Im just not sure Andre will ever be a good shooter, maybe just good enough to allow the rest of his game and athleticism to flourish but not really good. Wright recruits shooters who become even better shooters with practice and being around good shooters on the court. We need shooters without a doubt and as of now yikes!

I know this if we go into next year with Cole/Gaffney as our 1-2 it won't be pretty. We saw enough of that this year without success, only Bouk coming back gave us any glimmer of hope. I mean can they both improve enough to make this a worthy combo, I guess but I wouldn't bank on it for sure.

Reaction Score
The only transfers that were worthy of wasting time on were Kellan Grady and Kadary Richmond. They are both off the table. Every other amateur basketball mercenary is not worth wasting a scholarship on.

We need to be actively looking for a 5 star point guard. Dagger Trey Ty will be perimeter shooting answer. Hawk has some serious potential. I like what I see from him. He should be penciled in at the 2 as a starter.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The only transfers that were worthy of wasting time on were Kellan Grady and Kadary Richmond. They are both off the table. Every other amateur basketball mercenary is not worth wasting a scholarship on.

We need to be actively looking for a 5 star point guard. Dagger Trey Ty will be perimeter shooting answer. Hawk has some serious potential. I like what I see from him. He should be penciled in at the 2 as a starter.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy
So out of the 1200 kids currently in the portal, only 2 were worth looking at. Guess we should tell Hurley to stop wasting his time then. Thank god we have you!

Reaction Score

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy
While we're at it maybe look for a few 5 star wings who can shoot from the logo too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom