Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
And this makes us 0-3 on the guys we initially expressed an interest in. The transfer portal is treating us like ill-mannered step children.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And this makes us 0-3 on the guys we initially expressed an interest in. The transfer portal is treating us like ill-mannered step children.
Hurley is trying to preach and teach a family culture. Vast majority of kids in the portal want playing time and exposure. Not exactly a good combo.

Reaction Score
Who are we 0-3 on? Only guy I'm aware of that we zeroed in on is Locke.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
On the Boneyard, but nothing has been officially announced yet.

Huh. So we haven't officially missed on him yet. I missed that somehow. The old Boneyard certainty.

Reaction Score
Locke
Richmond
Yetna/Mitchell
(see Whaley comment)
We were late on Richmond, we were never seriously involved with Yetna or Mitchell and now with Whaley back we'll have one of the best frontcourts in the country with no room for anyone else.

Reaction Score
We were late on Richmond, we were never seriously involved with Yetna or Mitchell and now with Whaley back we'll have one of the best frontcourts in the country with no room for anyone else.

Richmond left Cuse because he wants a starting job. Like, I'm very impressed with what Seton Hall has done, but they were able to promise a lot more minutes than we were going to be able to. None of Richmond, Yetna, or Harris would have started at UConn next year, and it's likely all three will start for SHU. Noah Lock probably wouldn't have started here either.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Hurley is trying to preach and teach a family culture. Vast majority of kids in the portal want playing time and exposure. Not exactly a good combo.
Hope this is true, rather than a lack of appeal to the talent pool. We seem to always justify misses. It's always good to examine where you are as a program?

DH questions about tempo relative to athleticism are sure to be out there. If we as fans see "perceived flaws", recruits and family see it as well and make decisions based on what they see.

Again, hope you are right. If not, and there is a flaw which drags on recruiting and talent, DH and company simply need to address those matters and move forward. Best cure, and I'm stating the obvious. Get kids aligned w/ a strategy to make deep runs and win championships.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Richmond left Cuse because he wants a starting job. Like, I'm very impressed with what Seton Hall has done, but they were able to promise a lot more minutes than we were going to be able to. None of Richmond, Yetna, or Harris would have started at UConn next year, and it's likely all three will start for SHU. Noah Lock probably wouldn't have started here either.

Yep. Everybody looking for some big impact guy, but we don't have minutes anywhere but at SG, and even that faces competition from Gaff, Hawk and even Martin. We need bench depth.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Listen, my assumption is that your sources are better than mine, which included, namely the internet and within 247, twitter, instagram. So, kudos to you. My named sources said we reached out to Richmond (no surprise - and how were we late!), Locke and Yetna immediately and Mitchell. Listen, you guys go back and forth justifying our misses. Makes me chuckle It's ok. On to the next battle.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Hope this is true, rather than a lack of appeal to the talent pool. We seem to always justify misses. It's always good to examine where you are as a program?

DH questions about tempo relative to athleticism are sure to be out there. If we as fans see "perceived flaws", recruits and family see it as well and make decisions based on what they see.

Again, hope you are right. If not, and there is a flaw which drags on recruiting and talent, DH and company simply need to address those matters and move forward. Best cure, and I'm stating the obvious. Get kids aligned w/ a strategy to make deep runs and win championships.
I get what you mean, but at the end of the day the kids in the transfer portal know what they want and are looking for a very specific arrangement. So if we miss out it’s probably just because the fit isn’t as strong relative to other teams. We are recruiting the high school ranks very well, which I think is a better barometer of our program’s overall desirability.

Reaction Score
And we have some of our own fans saying we won't be good next year because we'll have the same team as this year minus Bouknight as if really talented players don't improve as they get older in a program, as if chemistry doesn't matter, and as if adding Akok and the three highly ranked freshmen doesn't matter. It's whacky around here.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
But Bruce, how does Richmond not start here? That's what so frustrating at times. We will say things like, no playing time here, and have said that forever. As though we've had world-beaters. We haven't. Listen take the talent and coach em up, I say.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I get what you mean, but at the end of the day the kids in the transfer portal know what they want and are looking for a very specific arrangement. So if we miss out it’s probably just because the fit isn’t as strong relative to other teams. We are recruiting the high school ranks very well, which I think is a better barometer of our program’s overall desirability.
Great point.

Reaction Score
But Bruce, how does Richmond not start here? That's what so frustrating at times. We will say things like, no playing time here, and have said that forever. As though we've had world-beaters. We haven't. Listen take the talent and coach em up, I say.
Richmond is definitely good enough to start here, I think he's just saying it's harder for Richmond to see that here and for Hurley to promise that than it is at Seton Hall. I think Willard probably had that sealed even before Hurley really started talking to Richmond again.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
And we have some of our own fans saying we won't be good next year because we'll have the same team as this year minus Bouknight as if really talented players don't improve as they get older in a program, as if chemistry doesn't matter, and as if adding Akok and the three highly ranked freshmen doesn't matter. It's whacky around here.
Listen some good points. But if was a fifth, we'd all be drunk. Lot ofits, including Akok.
Before the dawn of the 2020-21 season we had high hope's for success primarily b/c of Bouk and the complimentary pieces. I think it's fair to look and ask who will rise on this squad between now and next season and compete for 1st team BE other than Sanogo maybe. Will the others rise and perform at a high level, maybe. Will the young'uns, don't know, they're unproven. We don't have a proven killer. Sometimes you need that to be successful, which is where the portal comes into play.

Reaction Score

Of course we have a lack of appeal to the talent pool. Nearly the whole team is coming back and we’re adding 3 good recruits.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Of course we have a lack of appeal to the talent pool. Nearly the whole team is coming back and we’re adding 3 good recruits.
I meant of recent history.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

This is what I posted in the Richmond thread the day he announced he was hitting the portal; and I was told my multiple posters that this was a silly concern because Richmond would be a starter here on day one:

So if he is leaving Cuse because he wants to be guaranteed a starting position, I presume the school that is the successful bidder for his services will have to offer that?

Which I presume is something we can't do?

Reaction Score
This is what I posted in the Richmond thread the day he announced he was hitting the portal; and I was told my multiple posters that this was a silly concern because Richmond would be a starter here on day one:
Congrats, you were right. August_West will send you a gallon of his patchouli oil as your prize.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Congrats, you were right. August_West will send you a gallon of his patchouli oil as your prize.
My point is that I know nothing about this stuff and it was plain as day to me from day one. But there are hundreds of posts discussing why he should and would fit here, and now that Hurley whiffed on him the narrative is that he was never realistic for exactly the reason I mentioned.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Ironically(Syracuse reference incoming) there may be too much competition. We return 2 starting guards and are bringing in 2 top 50 freshman guards, and another 4 star guard in 2022. Still a spot for a primary scoring option but potential transfer may not see it that way. There are high major teams with 1 or 2 scholarship guards on their entire roster. Good high majors too. We also probably can’t land the kid looking for a title either seeing as our recent play, minus the last 18 months, has been subpar.

We have a litany of bigs and wings I don’t see us landing some 3-5 all star tbh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh. So we haven't officially missed on him yet. I missed that somehow. The old Boneyard certainty.
Yeah, I was wondering why this thread was still going after he committed to Louisville. I guess he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom