February - Other Big East Games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Wow from the TO when they didn't have any left to Butler then fouling the best FT shooter to potentially tie it... interesting end of game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How do you have a goaltending call on a dunk?
I was wondering if while reviewing the goaltend if they negated the basket, could they still review for a foul, as I do think there was at least one committed there.

Reaction Score
One of the stranger endings you'll see. Nunge gets a tech for calling a timeout they don't have, Taylor intentionally fouls Boum (best ft shooter) up 2 with 9 seconds left, Nunge gets a clean block on a dunk but Jones grabbed the rim, Boum back rims a half court shot at the buzzer.

Reaction Score
I guess by the letter of the law you have to call it, but that's a slimey way to end a game.

Reaction Score
Two bad losses to DePaul and Butler…
Baffling to me. I honestly think Butler is worse than DePaul or Georgetown when I watch them. Xavier certainly plays up against us but even on a bad day shouldn’t be losing to Butler.

Reaction Score
tough call but after the review and seeing the hand on the rim do you wave off the goal tending?

Reaction Score
tough call but after the review and seeing the hand on the rim do you wave off the goal tending?
I think it's the right call. If I am Xavier fan I would be pissed about the goaltending call on Nunge earlier in the game which wasn't close to goaltending- it proved to be the difference

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I guess by the letter of the law you have to call it, but that's a slimey way to end a game.
Something slimey happened to a slimey coach like Sean Miller. Awww

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It was right call. Tough way to lose though

Reaction Score
I think it's the right call. If I am Xavier fan I would be pissed about the goaltending call on Nunge earlier in the game which wasn't close to goaltending- it proved to be the difference
Nah. The difference was the Chris Webber time-out.

Reaction Score
Anything can happen on any given night. End was crazy. Xavier calls timeout they don’t have, Butler gets two technical free throws. Later Butler player thinks team is up by three, fouls Boum to avoid a late 3. But Butler was up two so Boum ties it. Then Butler wins on a questionable goaltend call at the buzzer.

Reaction Score
Extremely dumb basketball by both teams in the last 30 seconds. The goal tend was legit. He grabbed the rim

Reaction Score
Wow I just watched a replay of the goaltending call, probably 10 times over

By the book is it goaltending? Yes, Colby grabbed the rim while Hunter was going for his shot

But at that point Nunge seems to have already blocked the shot. Colby grabbing the rim had NO impact on whether the shot was going in or not.

I can easily understand why people would be angry at that. But I think it was the right call? Tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom