February - Other Big East Games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nova has to be the best below .500 team in the country. The majority of last year’s final 4 team and they added a top 10 draft pick and they haven’t been able to stack many wins in this league. There’s a chance Creighton will be ranked Monday which would mean 5 teams in the Top 25 for the Big East. I honestly think the league is better than the Big 12…we beat both Big 12 teams we played, Marquette throttled Baylor. I think this league is going to do some damage in the tournament. Xavier, Marquette and Creighton are all tough matchups for a lot of teams.

Until a couple of games ago when Moore returned, they were without their top 3 scores from last year, their two assists leaders, and 3 of their 4 leading rebounders. And Moore still isn’t himself yet. Any resemblance between this 12-loss team and last year’s Final Four squad is purely coincidental.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I still think Nova will be a tough out come March at their place and MSG. They are getting better game by game.

Villanova is 4-8 with losses to DePaul and Butler in Big East play. Its only wins in the BE are over Georgetown and St. John’s, and Villanova doesn’t have any games left against those teams. I don’t question Villanova’s talent, but coaching matters and Neptune doesn’t seem to be getting it done. This team has a lot of close losses, including last night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Depaul was just up 15-2 before Seton Hall got a putback to cut it to 11. Seton Hall can really look helpless offensively at times. They will probably win this game, but this team really struggles with the "eye test" as an at-large candidate.

Reaction Score
Villanova is 4-8 with losses to DePaul and Butler in Big East play. Its only wins in the BE are over Georgetown and St. John’s, and Villanova doesn’t have any games left against those teams. I don’t question Villanova’s talent, but coaching matters and Neptune doesn’t seem to be getting it done. This team has a lot of close losses, including last night.

Without Moore, they didn’t have the combination of talent + experience to compete with top teams in the conference. Whitmore, for example, has often been playing like a freshman. Unfortunately for Nova, injury hindered his progress. Neptune has been taking a lot of heat from Villanova fans. Unfairly IMO. The Niva fans have overrated what they had coming back from last year. This shaped up as a rebuilding year for them, given Moore’s situation. The injury to Whitmore didn’t help either.

Moore has not yet been playing like his old self yet. Once he gets his groove back, things could come together for Nova very quickly. Unfortunately for us, we don’t play them until the last game of the season, so plenty of time yet for him to come around. I’m not looking forward to that game.

Reaction Score
Still riding the UConn high today but St. John’s just hung 41 on Butler in the first half

Bates has looked good for Butler. Everybody else, not so much.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Without Moore, they didn’t have the combination of talent + experience to compete with top teams in the conference. Whitmore, for example, has often been playing like a freshman. Unfortunately for Nova, injury hindered his progress. Neptune has been taking a lot of heat from Villanova fans. Unfairly IMO. The Niva fans have overrated what they had coming back from last year. This shaped up as a rebuilding year for them, given Moore’s situation. The injury to Whitmore didn’t help either.

Moore has not yet been playing like his old self yet. Once he gets his groove back, things could come together for Nova very quickly. Unfortunately for us, we don’t play them until the last game of the season, so plenty of time yet for him to come around. I’m not looking forward to that game.

Moore blew out his achilles. He is probably not returning to 100%, ever. The list of NBA players coming back from an achilles injury is pretty bad, and those are the best athletes in the world. Honestly, after Dominique Wilkins, there really isn't a list, and Wilkins is an absolute freak of nature and he did it 30 years ago. A young man blowing his achilles is unlikely to ever return 100%.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If I was coaching against St. Johns, my gameplan would be to have Posh Alexander handling the ball as much as possible. He just makes one terrible decision after another. He must piss off his teammates.

Reaction Score
If I was coaching against St. Johns, my gameplan would be to have Posh Alexander handling the ball as much as possible. He just makes one terrible decision after another. He must piss off his teammates.
How the ---- did the Huskies lose to St. John's? They just aren't good.

Reaction Score
Got a good one at Hinkle Field House. Butler and St. John’s tied at 2 min mark

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Got a good one at Hinkle Field House. Butler and St. John’s tied at 2 min mark

What the fudge just happened? Did Lukosius think he had been fouled? He basically stopped playing right before he turned the ball over.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In a different era, Soriano and Bates would be taking 20 shots a game each. They are so much better than the other options on either team that they should be touching the ball on every possession.

Reaction Score
Another reason why it’s hard to win on the road. Is there any chance the timekeeper starts the clock if this game is at St. John’s?

Reaction Score
Another reason why it’s hard to win on the road. Is there any chance the timekeeper starts the clock if this game is at St. John’s?
The Butler player who was guarding the inbound jumped up and tipped the ball so the clock starts when he tipped the ball. So the clock did start at the right time. Now, could the clock operator see that the ball was tipped? Probably not. So your point is valid.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I think Thomas tipped the ball so the clock started when it should have. The review supported that.

That said, I won't argue with accusations of home cooking in the Big East.

Reaction Score
The Butler player who was guarding the inbound jumped up and tipped the ball so the clock starts when he tipped the ball. So the clock did start at the right time. Now, could the clock operator see that the ball was tipped? Probably not. So your point is valid.

It has nothing to do with the clock operator’s ability to see when the ball is in bounds. The referee is the one who signals for the clock to start.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is playing Creighton really close. Up 1 with 18 minutes to go

Reaction Score
Creighton VS Seton Hall on now. 13 min in second half SH up 51 to 50

Reaction Score
Creighton is making the winning plays and Seton Hall's offense is falling apart

Scheierman is on fire. 19 points with 5 made threes, including 2 daggers

Reaction Score
Trying to decide between GT vs PC or the UConn women's game?

Reaction Score
Creighton at one point had 18 turnovers and SH got 9 points off of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom