February - Other Big East Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I still think bringing Thad Matta back was a mistake by Butler, but he got a team to put up a fight against a good Marquette team, and Butler was missing one of its best players.
The mistake was inviting them into the conference at all. I call them “Butlane” now, as they add nothing but a nice old gym.

Reaction Score
Hope Kimani is more interested in Fab Five than St Johns HC position..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Creighton did a nice job with their fans alternating blue and white sections

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't have the volume on for the Creighton game. What happened to the shot clock?

Reaction Score
Creighton dribbles into Lane with about 30 sec left and Nova gets called for a touch foul. Nova comes back downs and their guard almost gets tackled in the lane by Creighton and it leads to a turnover…no foul called.

caw

Reaction Score
Creighton dribbles into Lane with about 30 sec left and Nova gets called for a touch foul. Nova comes back downs and their guard almost gets tackled in the lane by Creighton and it leads to a turnover…no foul called.

UConn will see the same there. Horrid place to play for opposing teams. Almost always 8 on 5. I'd say Nova got screwed but it's pretty much as expected this year at certain arenas (X, PC and Creighton being the most egregious).

Reaction Score
UConn will see the same there. Horrid place to play for opposing teams. Almost always 8 on 5. I'd say Nova got screwed but it's pretty much as expected this year at certain arenas (X, PC and Creighton being the most egregious).
Officiating 100% changed the outcome of that game. Nova hits a tough 3 to take a 1 point lead and then it was all free throws for Creighton. Gotta make a team make a winning play but they handed Creighton 2 FT’s for what should have been a no call.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Nova has to be the best below .500 team in the country. The majority of last year’s final 4 team and they added a top 10 draft pick and they haven’t been able to stack many wins in this league. There’s a chance Creighton will be ranked Monday which would mean 5 teams in the Top 25 for the Big East. I honestly think the league is better than the Big 12…we beat both Big 12 teams we played, Marquette throttled Baylor. I think this league is going to do some damage in the tournament. Xavier, Marquette and Creighton are all tough matchups for a lot of teams.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Nova has to be the best below .500 team in the country. The majority of last year’s final 4 team and they added a top 10 draft pick and they haven’t been able to stack many wins in this league. There’s a chance Creighton will be ranked Monday which would mean 5 teams in the Top 25 for the Big East. I honestly think the league is better than the Big 12…we beat both Big 12 teams we played, Marquette throttled Baylor. I think this league is going to do some damage in the tournament. Xavier, Marquette and Creighton are all tough matchups for a lot of teams.
...and hopefully UConn will be a tough matchup for a lot of teams...we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom