February - Other Big East Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Uh oh friar is feeling it. Look out.

Love you friar but you know better , you’re gone have to take a licking and wade through the excrement to get some insightful takes about your team on here. It’s our board.
I get the same at Friartalk.

I know you can take it, and admire the feistiness in some weird way.
Bring it on. Maybe Cooley will take the team to the dairy bar after taking an L in cow town.

We’ve already lost to X twice, we can’t hand you the title again like we did last year taking down nova for you.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Uh oh friar is feeling it. Look out.

Love you friar but you know better , you’re gone have to take a licking and wade through the excrement to get some insightful takes about your team on here. It’s our board.
I get the same at Friartalk.

I know you can take it, and admire the feistiness in some weird way.
Bring it on. Maybe Cooley will take the team to the dairy bar after taking an L in cow town.

We’ve already lost to X twice, we can’t hand you the title again like we did last year taking down nova for you.
We only played them once, right?

Reaction Score
Hey Friar relax. No bigger UConn fan then me but I enjoy watching the physical way you guys play. In my book if they don’t call it it isn’t a foul but holy crap did Hopkins level whoever it was with the push off with about 7:30 to go in the 2nd half. The ref was looking right at the play. That ref needs to be reprimanded. And how on earth did Croswell get to be this good?

Reaction Score
Do you think Hurley is watching tonight’s games?

Do you think he’s learned anything from Colley, Miller or Smart?
Tongue in cheek rhetorical question, but listening to huddle with Smart and Cooley you can hear how they adjust or motivate. For example in one break Smart was telling his team they only have 7 deflections, they needed to get that total way up. DEFLECTIONS. Found it an interesting metric to generate greater defensive intensit from his team by using actual goal number. Also was noticed how coaches aggressively used switching and alternating defenses. I learned something

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
season 5 yawn GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Maybe PC should've worked harder on getting more fouls called against Xavier!:eek: That could've gotten you in the bonus.
It's hard to get in the bonus when you don't get your typical home cooking, huh

Reaction Score
Not exactly. I do think Big East referees have a lot of tolerance for Providence’s bullspit although that appears to be wearing somewhat thin. Bynum didn’t get the call at the end of overtime against Xavier. He hurled himself into the defender so I don’t think he deserved the call, but Providence usually gets those calls. It could be a sign of things to come.
I had to watch the replay on Bynum’s last shot. On ESPN’s game summary page. He did not hurl himself into the defender. They show several angles, never touched the defender. He just simply missed. He beat X last year in the last second, I can just imagine how their fans felt watching that shot, lol….

Reaction Score
You clearly haven’t watched many of our games this year…it’s a rare sight that we get into the double bonus in the Big East. You don’t remember when we played you guys and you shot 16 more free throws than you did? Good luck the rest of the way, you guys have a tough team, but not as much talent as you might think. Hope we stomp you guys when you come play us on our home court.

If you want to complain about getting the wrong side of the whistle from BE refs this board is probably the last place you should be. We’ve gotten the worst whistle of any team in the BE this year and it isn’t close, so get in line and take a number.

Reaction Score
Would be an interesting stat to find out which BE teams have gotten the most Ts called on them in conference games

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A favorable whistle for PC means no whistle. It doesn't mean they go to the line, it means they get away with their overly physical constant bumping style of defense.

Reaction Score
You guys think you had it bad... When MU went to PC earlier this year the calls were crazy lopsided. PC hacks, bumps, etc and gets away with so much. MU tried to play tough back and got blasted by the refs. Final FT disparity was 49(!) to 19 during that game!

Reaction Score
You guys think you had it bad... When MU went to PC earlier this year the calls were crazy lopsided. PC hacks, bumps, etc and gets away with so much. MU tried to play tough back and got blasted by the refs. Final FT disparity was 49(!) to 19 during that game!
Did not see your game vs PC..Disclaimer.. Kolek seems like a pretty composed/mellow dude.. Good at what he does.. Heard he was chirping with PC guards.. Seems unlike him.. Any context as to why?? Pretty sure he's a RI kid so maybe some of that was goin' on.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Providence has made the round of 32 twice in the last 25 years and hasn’t so much as sniffed a final four in almost 40 years. They have two [2] conference tournament championships in total. I would let them enjoy a tiny bit of conference regular season success - luck, foul discrepancies or otherwise.

Reaction Score
Did not see your game vs PC..Disclaimer.. Kolek seems like a pretty composed/mellow dude.. Good at what he does.. Heard he was chirping with PC guards.. Seems unlike him.. Any context as to why?? Pretty sure he's a RI kid so maybe some of that was goin' on.

He is definitely as you described when focused on the game, but he really like's to feed off of getting razzed, slighted, etc. and definitely gives it back and then some. So I didn't catch that in particular, but it doesn't surprise me. Because 1. PC plays extremely physical and 2. This is the same kid that when a reporter asked how he felt about being picked 9th in BE he used a particularly colorful word and does things like talk back to student sections when they heckle him. High character kid, but if you like that kind of thing, he can be quite entertaining with the smack talk!

Reaction Score
He is definitely as you described when focused on the game, but he really like's to feed off of getting razzed, slighted, etc. and definitely gives it back and then some. So I didn't catch that in particular, but it doesn't surprise me. Because 1. PC plays extremely physical and 2. This is the same kid that when a reporter asked how he felt about being picked 9th in BE he used a particularly colorful word and does things like talk back to student sections when they heckle him. High character kid, but if you like that kind of thing, he can be quite entertaining with the smack talk!
Got it.. Was curious because it seemed out-of-character for him..

Reaction Score

That's understandable, especially if you see interviews and whatnot and you see he's a really humble, high character guy. The contrast can be pretty striking/surprising.

Reaction Score
Maybe PC should've worked harder on getting more fouls called against Xavier!:eek: That could've gotten you in the bonus.
It's hard to get in the bonus when you don't get your typical home cooking, huh

Well, PC certainly worked hard to get fouls called against Xavier at the end of the game so they could stop the clock and put Xavier on the line. They fouled 3 separate times and the refs refused to call the foul. Only on their 4th foul did the refs call it. So obvious that even the announcers commented on it. Cost PC 11 seconds when there were only 24 seconds left in the game.

Reaction Score
I had to watch the replay on Bynum’s last shot. On ESPN’s game summary page. He did not hurl himself into the defender. They show several angles, never touched the defender. He just simply missed. He beat X last year in the last second, I can just imagine how their fans felt watching that shot, lol….

Whether or not Bynum “hurled” himself into the defender, we do know who clearly did hurl himself into the defender and that was Kunkel who then hit Croswell in the head when he was defenseless and lying on the ground. Even the announcers commented that it was a flagrant foul. BUT no flagrant was called. Nelson Munoz is breaking my heart with his ridiculous claims that the refs are letting Providence get away with stuff. Making excuses for our team by blaming refs is just dumb.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's a cocky little bastard. He's from Cumberland, RI. I watched him when he was a 6th and 7th grader in a local tournament at a school in Cumberland where I coached a girl's team. His dad was a Div 3 player, set some New England scoring record. I watched him play on his older brother's team vs a team of 9th graders from Providence. City kids vs suburban kids, and the little 7th grader Kolek dominated them all. He has moxie to spare. I wanted UConn to pursue him as a transfer. Only question back then was athleticism at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom