Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
Fines comments may also explain his career at Miami. He may have coasted his way to UConn.

But no one forced Edsall to offer him a scholarship, so he saw something in the kid. Time to find out what we have.
He's big, strong, quick for his size, and has his degree. So he shows up at Storrs a few pounds overweight, big deal. If anyone can mold this kid into playing shape it's HCRE

Reaction Score
If the DL ends up improving that much, it's gonna make the backfield look a hell of a lot better as well!
Been saying that for a while. Last year's secondary was overwhelmed because opposing Quarterbacks had enough time for coffee on every down.

Reaction Score
I gotta feeling our DL rotation (Murphy, Thomas, Fines, & Jones) could very well be the most improved group. I'm sure rooting for that to happen. We win more battles at the LOS, we could be on to something starting this season, not the next one.
DeVaughn will be in that rotation as well. Maybe Uguak gets some PT?

Reaction Score
I’ve heard more than once that we are DEEP at WR. Can simeone explain that? I know we have bodies, but we need far more production from that group, IMO, before I feel we are deep.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ve heard more than once that we are DEEP at WR. Can simeone explain that? I know we have bodies, but we need far more production from that group, IMO, before I feel we are deep.
Well, we don’t even have the bodies at RB, so...

Reaction Score
DeVaughn will be in that rotation as well. Maybe Uguak gets some PT?
I purposely excluded DeVaughn, Ugwak (sp?), Atkins, and Pace... Notice the trend? Those guys are moreso the pass rush edge type guys... ..Yes, they're a huge part of things, but we need to get that initial penetration.. that comes from the combo of Murphy, Thomas, Jones, and Fines...

Reaction Score
I gotta feeling our DL rotation (Murphy, Thomas, Fines, & Jones) could very well be the most improved group. I'm sure rooting for that to happen. We win more battles at the LOS, we could be on to something starting this season, not the next one.

I have a feeling that Uguak, DeVaughn, Pace or Atkins Okounam are going to be real pieces to make this component better. Some take time to get the play feeling and some get on the field through sheer pace and passion. Sure it is August 6 hopes. But, I like the three incoming and hold out for some improved play.

Reaction Score
I have little doubt that Edsall is attempting to dramatically improve the running game and to get much faster on defense.

He has forgotten more about recruiting and assessing talent than Crazy Bob will ever know. We are paying a huge price for the mismanagement of the Stupid twins and the overall incompetence of Crazy Bob Red Pants. I don't think we have any other choice but to trust in Randy and be a little patient. The days of marginal RBs and slow defenses will eventually be behind us.

Reaction Score
I purposely excluded DeVaughn, Ugwak (sp?), Atkins, and Pace... Notice the trend? Those guys are moreso the pass rush edge type guys... ..Yes, they're a huge part of things, but we need to get that initial penetration.. that comes from the combo of Murphy, Thomas, Jones, and Fines...
We need to pressure the QB and get to him, unlike last year when they had all day to find an open receiver. With Jones at nose with pressure up the middle, I think DeVaughn with his length and speed will be a big beneficiary of that pressure. He even looks like a young LT. Lol

Reaction Score
We need to pressure the QB and get to him, unlike last year when they had all day to find an open receiver. With Jones at nose with pressure up the middle, I think DeVaughn with his length and speed will be a big beneficiary of that pressure. He even looks like a young LT. Lol

You never know how recruits will turn out/develop so maybe you'll be proven right.
Remember, Russell Wilson was a 2 star recruit.

Reaction Score
Been saying that for a while. Last year's secondary was overwhelmed because opposing Quarterbacks had enough time for coffee on every down.
we were sooooo slow on the edges.. Yeah, we got pressure (sometimes) but far and few between moments..

Reaction Score
I'm lovin Ugwak and Pace's size and length as well.. We get a rotation going with those 3 off the edge, watch out.. btw, My darkhorse of the 3, Pace...

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that Uguak, DeVaughn, Pace or Atkins Okounam are going to be real pieces to make this component better. Some take time to get the play feeling and some get on the field through sheer pace and passion. Sure it is August 6 hopes. But, I like the three incoming and hold out for some improved play.
Forgot about Okounam.. Hope he bounces back.. We need him badly...

Reaction Score
We have guys that can catch the football and make a few moves in space (Mayala, Skanes, Beals, Donaldson, Buss, for starters) then we have a guy that can do that plus take the top off the defense (Dixon), then we have a couple of unknowns who have promise (Garrett,Hairston), plus a guy that I believe will have a coming out party, but will probably be more effective with the short/intermediate routes and in the redzone (Donovan Williams)... From what we've seen of the majority of them in the past, I'm encouraged by what we have there...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Forgot about Okounam.. Hope he bounces back.. We need him badly...

He would have needed to produce at one point to bounce back.. I get your point though, a contribution from him would be welcomed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom