Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
Merton Hanks Like. I just hope doesn't do that dangly neck swinging dance after he makes a big play. I hated when Hanks did that against my Cowboys.
imgres

I did that in pop-warner practice the first year I played. I ran so many laps after ... :rolleyes: ahhhhh memories. In my defense.. the coach said don't ever let me see any of you doing some deion sanders crap out here

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Holman dominated Terry. Wow. Fines got embarrassed lol. They need to stop showing wide open completed passes in these videos, it makes me worry :eek:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I had high hopes for Holman but after reading that Courant article about him, I questioned what his purpose was for being here. Watching that video, and seeing him block like that, made me see why the coaches keep him and push him. He could be a blocking beast if he can commit himself to football for two more seasons.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Holman dominated Terry. Wow. Fines got embarrassed lol. They need to stop showing wide open completed passes in these videos, it makes me worry :eek:

Aaron McLean being more open that Gronk on every play in the Spring Game was a concern...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Think of it this way. If Fine stops getting manhandled by Peart, we may have something there.

I also don't think we should expect anything from Fines. There are plenty of guys who play at big time programs who are not talented football players. We've had lots of big time transfers who have actually seen the field at power house programs and who haven't been stars here, so why should we expect Fines to be great? I think if he is an average starter it will be a pleasant surprise, but I don't really think we need him

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fines is an insurance policy on the fab freshman four that Edsall can’t stop talking about. My expectation is that Fines takes 20 to 30% of the snaps because there is no way freshman can be every down players for 12 games. He might not have the ceiling of the freshman four, but he should be better than most of the guys we already had.

Maybe the two deep for UCF will be:
T. Jones / Okounam
Caleb Thomas / Murphy or Fines
Atkins (Edsall said he took his game to another level this spring/summer) / the best of Uguak, Pace or Pierce.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Fines is an insurance policy on the fab freshman four that Edsall can’t stop talking about. My expectation is that Fines takes 20 to 30% of the snaps because there is no way freshman can be every down players for 12 games. He might not have the ceiling of the freshman four, but he should be better than most of the guys we already had.

T. Jones / Okounam
Atkins (Edsall said he took his game to another level this spring/summer) / the best of Uguak, Pace or Pierce.

The other thing is that I can’t see Fines at DE. He’s too big and prob lacks the speed and athleticism. So he’ll be competing for reps at NT with some solid players in Murphy, Thomas, T Jones.

Reaction Score

T. Jones / Okounam
Bookmark this to re-examine our UCF game night. I’m guessing it will be pretty close, especially if all hoopla about Jones is true.

Reaction Score

T. Jones / Okounam
I don't know if Jones is going to be in good enough shape to start games. He needs to drop 20-30 lbs.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don't know if Jones is going to be in good enough shape to start games. He needs to drop 20-30 lbs.

DL coach Dottin Carter and Edsall have both said he's in great shape and does not need to lose weight. They said he's quick and really muscular, and may even line up at DE for us sometimes. If we can pull that off, that'd be ideal, as we have way more depth at NT than DE.

Reaction Score
DL coach Dottin Carter and Edsall have both said he's in great shape and does not need to lose weight. They said he's quick and really muscular, and may even line up at DE for us sometimes. If we can pull that off, that'd be ideal, as we have way more depth at NT than DE.
well if that's the case then that's good news. I can't wait to see him after 3 years of the weight training program.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
well if that's the case then that's good news. I can't wait to see him after 3 years of the weight training program.

Seriously. I think the quote is from the interview with Dennis Dottin Carter posted on Matt S twitter account if you're interested. Like you, I wondered if he would be more of a Felton Blackwell kind of case where he's huge coming in but totally out of shape, but doesn't seem to be his story. If he can play at 6 ft 4 and 350 pounds, then we will have a great shot at causing havoc in the 3-3-5.

Reaction Score
Edsall on Jones @ 16sec. mark:
I had seen that already, and I have talked to people who saw him play at Cross. All are pretty unanimous— he can’t miss. But I haven’t seen him play yet. I can’t wait.

Reaction Score
There are times I listen to HCRE and think he knows he’s got something. He just talks and look differently without showing too much excitement.

To me, he knows he’s got the making of a special d line for years to come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom