Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
Courant: Comfort The Secret For Quarterback David Pindell In Second UConn Season

>>Edsall and Dunn both emphasized that Pindell has areas where he can improve, but they also expressed optimism that he can perform well enough to hold down the quarterback position.

“He’s got the ability to do all the things we want to do,” Edsall said. “We want to see him continue to progress with his reads, with his footwork, with his technique, but I have been very impressed.”<<

>>Every UConn offensive player asked Tuesday about how Dunn’s offense differs from that of his predecessor seemed to offer the same answer: It doesn’t really.

“It’s pretty much what we did last year,” senior wide receiver Hergy Mayala said. “Probably a little slower than what we did last year, but other than that, it’s the same concept that we had.”<<

Reaction Score
>>Every UConn offensive player asked Tuesday about how Dunn’s offense differs from that of his predecessor seemed to offer the same answer: It doesn’t really.

“It’s pretty much what we did last year,” senior wide receiver Hergy Mayala said. <<

In other words keep your mouth shut about the offense because we have a huge game week 1. I heard we are running the single wing. ;)

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: It’s a matter of trust for UConn OC Dunn, QB Pindell

>>Dunn ran through the logistics: Multiple offense. No huddle. Multiple tempo. He loves tight ends; they’re an X-factor. Various personnel groupings will be determined by camp performance. Some plays may be similar to last year, but as Pindell pointed out, the terminology is different.

“The game is personnel,” Dunn said. “Not scheme.”<<

>>One thing John will do is play to the strengths of who we are and what our abilities are. There are some things David does really well and we think we’ll tailor things to that as opposed to doing things that doesn’t fit into his wheelhouse. That’s one of the things John has been really good at. Also from a personnel standpoint create some confusion yet keep it very simple. Different looks that isn’t going to affect (Pindell) in his reads.”<<

Reaction Score
UConn Football Hoping For Big Year From Tight Ends

>>But with last season’s offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee leaving for SMU, the Huskies’ offense is now led by John Dunn, formerly an offensive consultant with the Chicago Bears. And from the looks of it, Dunn seems keen on using tight ends in his system.

“I love tight ends. I love involving tight ends,” Dunn said. “I think those guys can be a real x-factor because of how multiple you can be. I think tight ends are a great way to have in the offense because it can create a lot of formation differences for the defense.”<<

Reaction Score

>>But with last season’s offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee leaving for SMU, the Huskies’ offense is now led by John Dunn, formerly an offensive consultant with the Chicago Bears. And from the looks of it, Dunn seems keen on using tight ends in his system.

“I love tight ends. I love involving tight ends,” Dunn said. “I think those guys can be a real x-factor because of how multiple you can be. I think tight ends are a great way to have in the offense because it can create a lot of formation differences for the defense.”<<

Isn't this what Diaco said about tight ends, but never used them? Sounds good and I hope Dunn actually does it.

Reaction Score
Isn't this what Diaco said about tight ends, but never used them? Sounds good and I hope Dunn actually does it.

I think Diaco actually used the tight ends more than Lashlee did. Myers and Bloom were invisible last year and it was odd.

I think its pretty obvious that Edsall is much happier with his own guy as OC.

Reaction Score
There are some things David does really well and we think we’ll tailor things to that as opposed to doing things that doesn’t fit into his wheelhouse. That’s one of the things John has been really good at.
Wow. What a revolutionary idea. And I say that semi-seriously.

So, there is a lot of pre-season deception about the O going on right now. I get that. But reading the tea leaves and letting my speculative side loose, I am gonna guess that Pindell will be over center this year a whole lot more than last. Something like 50-50. With a guy like that so quick on his feet, why would they not give the opponents multiple looks to increase the level of deception? It will also be interesting to see if the game slows down for him now that he has the resemblance of a serviceable OL in front of him.

Reaction Score

Too bad we didn't have Dunn to utilize our 2 really solid tight ends the last 4 years lol.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Dumb question, but will the media have daily access to the fall camp?

Reaction Score
He works for Edsall, not Diaco... Big difference... I think we might be able to believe a little more of what comes out of Dunn's mouth...

Reaction Score

I hope we use tight ends but this seems like one of those things like when the basketball coach say he is going to play pressing running basketball. Sounds great in the preseason but never seems to happen once the opening whistle blows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom