Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Do I see Buss taking a handoff in the new video? I think he deserves a shot in the backfield considering his size/speed and how we’re deep at receiver and thin at RB.
upload_2018-8-6_21-31-9.gif

Reaction Score
I noticed from the Fuller video that Malik Banks is taking reps with the LB's. I know he's listed as one on the roster but thought he was destined for the secondary. Looks like he might of put on a few pounds as well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I noticed from the Fuller video that Malik Banks is taking reps with the LB's. I know he's listed as one on the roster but thought he was destined for the secondary. Looks like he might of put on a few pounds as well.

I could be wrong, but isn't the "Husky S/LB" position grouped in with the LBs?

Reaction Score
Edsall has always had a good eye for talented coaches. This is really nice to hear though

He’s been really good at identifying coaches. In a short time, he’s built a nice tree. But let’s be honest, he’s struggled with OCs. This program needs consistency among staff more than anything right now. Let’s hope HCRE let’s his OC succeed.

Reaction Score
He’s been really good at identifying coaches. In a short time, he’s built a nice tree. But let’s be honest, he’s struggled with OCs. This program needs consistency among staff more than anything right now. Let’s hope HCRE let’s his OC succeed.

Joe Moorehead?

Cmon. Edsall found a guy with a Pitt basic years and Akron OC credibility that has leaped in the esteem of College coaching ranks. Penn State, his work was outstanding. Now he is at Mississippi State. I don't think your OC going to be a HC at Columbia or Towson is actually a Fail either. I suspect Lashlee is not going to be disappearing.

Edsall has one fine track record in those 4.

Reaction Score
Ahhh. Fond memories of Edsall preaching to DB's about "eyes".

"We stressed that a lot in meetings, we have to play with good eyes,” Coyle said. “We had a lot of eye violations in the first couple of practices and I feel like we are doing better.”
Navy game, at home, the year after we blew them out in Annapolis in the rain storm. First play from scrimmage... The eyes...

Reaction Score
Joe Moorehead?

Cmon. Edsall found a guy with a Pitt basic years and Akron OC credibility that has leaped in the esteem of College coaching ranks. Penn State, his work was outstanding. Now he is at Mississippi State. I don't think your OC going to be a HC at Columbia or Towson is actually a Fail either. I suspect Lashlee is not going to be disappearing.

Edsall has one fine track record in those 4.

You missed the point. All have had success elsewhere, before and after. All have struggled to run their O while here. There’s always been a struggle to get a creative leader on O when the head man wants ball control, field position, clock management and no errors.

Reaction Score
You missed the point. All have had success elsewhere, before and after. All have struggled to run their O while here. There’s always been a struggle to get a creative leader on O when the head man wants ball control, field position, clock management and no errors.

Could be more a problem with the quarterbacks than anything

Reaction Score
Yeah but wouldn't a good amount of the problem with quarterbacks be the weak offensive lines of the last 6-7 years? A couple of those guys(Whitmer, Sherriffs) looked pretty decent when they weren't running for their lives which was more often than not. Lets face it, the coaching staffs after Edsall just couldn't get a solid offensive line recruited and coached up and that's where everything starts.

Reaction Score
Yeah but wouldn't a good amount of the problem with quarterbacks be the weak offensive lines of the last 6-7 years? A couple of those guys(Whitmer, Sherriffs) looked pretty decent when they weren't running for their lives which was more often than not.
they're talking about Edsall. not Diaco or PP.

Reaction Score
I don’t really think that’s accurate. Morehead and the guy at Towson had Donald Brown Andre Dixon and Jordan Todman. 2 of the 3 played at the next level. When you have those backs and a dominating oline you play to your strength. Lashlee inherited a hot mess and turned it around. The OC when Orlovsky was here ran one of the most wide open offenses in the country st the time. Maybe not compared to today, but compared to what was being run in 2003-2004. Not running Todman or Brown would have bordered on coaching malpractice. Edsall always believed you play to your strengths. And don’t forget that Frazer had several 400 yard games. Both morehead and Ambrose were not hampered under Edsall.

Reaction Score
Many of us thought (in HCRE 1.0) that he ran a ultra conservative ball possession Offense. That ... he held back Ambrose or Moorehead. That he kept Orlovsky under wraps (where's cubbybear). And, there is no doubt that his OC selections have actually shown greater capability post - UConn. I do think - in contrast to the two regimes that followed - that Edsall was a far better Offensive construct. He just knew how to build and manage that Roster and recruit to our strengths.

Only Orlovsky elevated us at QB. Frazier & Lorenzen has talents to win. Endres and others could would shoulda. And, that's my summary and hope going forward - that QB position and the OLine drives our capability. And we do need to keep the D off the field this year more. Can't run one minute drives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom