Fagnano it is | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Fagnano it is

Reaction Score
But he needs to be way better than just good, otherwise time to go to the bullpen against Duke.
Really have to wonder why he did not go to what you call the bullpen in the forth quarter. They kept talking about how the qb competition was so close all preseason. The next two up have wheels and arms. Our boy tonight had opportunities to gain yardage or a first down but looked to simply be a pocket passer.
Overall there really wasn’t that much truly awful. We were definitely competitive. Let’s see how we do with this game out of the way and against teams we generally match better against.
Absolutely not an attack, but are we at the point of as a D1 team fan base accepting mediocrity ??? Why would we not want to be competitive with any team any time?

Reaction Score
Really have to wonder why he did not go to what you call the bullpen in the forth quarter. They kept talking about how the qb competition was so close all preseason. The next two up have wheels and arms. Our boy tonight had opportunities to gain yardage or a first down but looked to simply be a pocket passer.

Absolutely not an attack, but are we at the point of as a D1 team fan base accepting mediocrity ??? Why would we not want to be competitive with any team any time?

Can Roberson still run like he did before the injury?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My biggest problem with the play calling last year was Charlton clearly didn’t trust ZT to throw the ball downfield. It made our offense much easier to defend. To our credit, we still went out and won some games.

I thought this year would be a breakthrough since Charlton had his guy in Fagnano. Unfortunately, Charlton called the game tonight as if he doesn’t trust Fagnano either. Not a good sign.
Perhaps justifiably, though. Fagnano missed some open guys and didn't see others. He had some weird fluttering passes, not quite ducks, but not particularly useful. Let's see what he can do against Georgia State.

Reaction Score
IMO, That's why we lost, NCST's Quarterback was better then ours and those 2 penalties hurt, but they were legit penalties.

Reaction Score
We lost to a better team and were competitive. Progress It sucks but that’s where we are.

We’re better than last year but not top 50 better. Like top 70- 80 better.

It’s why I hated the Rosa thing so much. Cut it to three. One possession game and who knows what can happen late. Instead they’re starting their next drive with a very short field

We have to play next to flawless to beat teams like NC State We didn’t. Onto to GA state

Reaction Score
After sleeping on it, it was the first game of the season against a solid P5 opponent. UConn's offense had new WRs and QB and they did not look in sync. That is why you try to play a weak team to start the season to work out the bugs. Clearly, improvement, but not where we want to be.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sometimes the most obvious thing is the most rational thing and you don't need to twist your logic into a pretzel trying to find deeper meaning. Switch 2 players and the score flips.

I just don't want to be able to post this several more times this season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out how we only lost that game by 10 points. We looked like we were playing in quicksand compared to them outside of Rosa and Mitchell.

So, you're saying there's hope going forward?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can Roberson still run like he did before the injury?

No one knows. He is one year past an ACL. That used to be the standard minimum for recovery. Then there was getting used to reps and getting confidence in the injured limb.

It wouldn't surprise me if he still keeps another 6-8 weeks for full health and confidence.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Perhaps justifiably, though. Fagnano missed some open guys and didn't see others. He had some weird fluttering passes, not quite ducks, but not particularly useful. Let's see what he can do against Georgia State.

His best pass was the incomplete on the wheel route to Houston.

Reaction Score
We lost to a better team and were competitive. Progress It sucks but that’s where we are.

It’s why I hated the Rosa thing so much. Cut it to three. One possession game and who knows what can happen late. Instead they’re starting their next drive with a very short field

We have to play next to flawless to beat teams like NC State We didn’t. Onto to GA state
I get it dude, it was an emotional game. Rosa is sort of the heart of the team. He's an emotional player. He's still maturing as a 19 year old.

In real time, I thought he was just tired from running 71 yards in 4 seconds and fell over. Haven't you stumbled from exhaustion after running so hard?

But you know these celebration type penalties, they're not enforced constantly or consistently. Like, the NC State quarterback could scamper for 8 years and do a first down celebration (even though he did not get a first down), but tumbling into an endzone after a 71 yard run following a big TD by the other team -- PENALTY!

I mean c'mon. It's a game...

Reaction Score

Giving NC ST the short field on not smart penalties/unforced errors deflated the crowd and the team. Need to be more disciplined.

Does Charlton not like his TEs? Why not feed Joly?

Also, we need to stop the gadget plays or at least change when we use them.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
IMO, That's why we lost, NCST's Quarterback was better then ours and those 2 penalties hurt, but they were legit penalties.
We’re used to it. Been that way every game for years. Every game, even against D 1 AA teams.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My browser is screwing up. Below is my post even though it looks like yours

Also not meant as an attack. but if you don’t think we were competitive yesterday against a team that isn’t Sacred Heart I think the expectation is unrealistic. Last time i looked it was still a game in the 4th quarter and few fans bailed early. We had a least 2 dropped passes. Two of the overthrows were pretty intentional on the sidelines and out of bounds where our receivers had zero separation. JF was decent at finding secondary targets We had one, count em, one clearly screwed up play and it was one kid on the wrong page. Overall NC State was quicker. What was most disappointing last night was the failure to adjust to the QB escape acts and draws. Kept our O off the field. I reserve judgment for a couple of games before deciding the nature of the product. Some opponents are still going to make us look mediocre. Just game 1 of Mora year 2 and we are still escaping the previous trash heap.

Reaction Score
QB play wasn't good. Hope to see some improvement. Hard to see how there was separation between them, QBs, and then that's what we got. The wheel route he had to connect on. Wide open. Yes, early. Indecisive. Run or pass or nothing. Chiose nothing to.many tomes. Hope he improves.

No separation from WR group from the DBs.

Reaction Score
QB play wasn't good. Hope to see some improvement. Hard to see how there was separation between them, QBs, and then that's what we got. The wheel route he had to connect on. Wide open. Yes, early. Indecisive. Run or pass or nothing. Chiose nothing to.many tomes. Hope he improves.

No separation from WR group from the DBs.
Wheel route wasn't on the QB, Houston just not being a receiver didn't run through the ball and even alligator armed it. That was on the RB.

Reaction Score
Fagnano didn't play a very good game. Many of this throws were too soft or too hard. He didn't try to create anything with his legs other than being a pocket passer.

I wish we saw Roberson for a few series just to see how he handled this kind of situation, but the coaches decided to go with Fagnano all the way.

I hope he learned from this, but the talent level between NC State QB and ours is night and day. Had Armstrong played on UConn and Fagnano on NCST, I am pretty sure we would have won.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fagnano didn't play a very good game. Many of this throws were too soft or too hard. He didn't try to create anything with his legs other than being a pocket passer.

I wish we saw Roberson for a few series just to see how he handled this kind of situation, but the coaches decided to go with Fagnano all the way.

I hope he learned from this, but the talent level between NC State QB and ours is night and day. Had Armstrong played on UConn and Fagnano on NCST, I am pretty sure we would have won.
Apparently Roberson is injured and that was the reason for the odds set of circumstances surrounding the QB announcement.

Reaction Score
Apparently Roberson is injured and that was the reason for the odds set of circumstances surrounding the QB announcement.
I hope that's the reason. I saw that Fagnano got decent protection from our line, and he made very conservative decisions. Sure our WRs weren't always open, but he had opportunities to run and he didn't run. Had he ran, NCST might have to leave more in the box vs. just rushing 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom