Exhibition games, Oct. 28 - Nov. 4 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Exhibition games, Oct. 28 - Nov. 4

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kicking into mid-season shooting form pretty quickly I would say.
Good thing they can jump.

Saw Q1 and was not impressed at all and called it quits. Nothing but out jumping their over matched opponents physically.

and that was their best Q apparently.

View attachment 47558

Well, finally had the courage to go back this morning and see excerpts of the 2nd half. That alone should push them off the top 50.

Full game youtube link.

Searching for the Kellie Harper reaction after game I heard on this thread and god bless her, she came through. She is going to need an extra large order of Tylenol this season. She aged 10 years and probably want's to renegotiate.

1572442858700.png

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Let's remember coach Harper team last year.
That started the season 1-7, and made the sweet 16.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let's remember coach Harper team last year.
That started the season 1-7, and made the sweet 16.

Definitely a different set of problems trying to coach a group of very talented players who have underachieved under the crucible of TN

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well, finally had the courage to go back this morning and see excerpts of the 2nd half. That alone should push them off the top 50.

Full game youtube link.

Searching for the Kellie Harper reaction after game I heard on this thread and god bless her, she came through. She is going to need an extra large order of Tylenol this season. She aged 10 years and probably want's to renegotiate.

View attachment 47571

Ha, see? It wasn't just my projecting!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Definitely a different set of problems trying to coach a group of very talented players who have underachieved under the crucible of TN
I think it's too early to say how this team will do this year. This was her first game. Now she has game film to go over. She has not got a set rotation yet. How deep will the rotation go against the better teams? This game Tennessee didn't press. I am sure next game you will see some different things both on defense and offense.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think it's too early to say how this team will do this year. This was her first game. Now she has game film to go over. She has not got a set rotation yet. How deep will the rotation go against the better teams? This game Tennessee didn't press. I am sure next game you will see some different things both on defense and offense.
Ummm, didn't they go on a European tour this summer? One might think they would be further along??

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Ummm, didn't they go on a European tour this summer? One might think they would be further along??
Those were against teams not very good. Also the gyms were no were close as nice as TBA. The crowd was a lot bigger last night. Also Carson Newman was on the schedule as a exhibition game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Those were against teams not very good.
And New-Car is a very good team?? A very good Div II team??

Also the gyms were no were close as nice as TBA. The crowd was a lot bigger last night.
So wouldn't that imply TN would be better at home in front of their own fans??

Also Carson Newman was on the schedule as a exhibition game.
Ok, and? They were last year too, when TN won 128-59 under Holley.

None of that explains why TN having had extra practice and games in the summer (August so only a couple months ago) isn't further along.

You can be happy if you want, however if I were a TN fan (after I immolated myself of course), I might be a bit worried after that showing.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
They are good for division II

There were a few nerves last night.
Horston had them I could tell. Once she settles in she will be fine.

None of that explains why TN having had extra practice and games in the summer (August so only a couple months ago) isn't further along.
Did Holly's team improve over the season?
Players are also adjusting to a new coaching staff.

You can be happy if you want, however if I were a TN fan (after I immolated myself of course), I might be a bit worried after that showing.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Those were against teams not very good. Also the gyms were no were close as nice as TBA. The crowd was a lot bigger last night. Also Carson Newman was on the schedule as a exhibition game.

the crowd was only 3300, only marginally better than the 3200 that showed up for the exhibition last year. i figured there would be a much bigger turnout for the start of a new coaching era for the lady vols

Reaction Score

I'm just gonna say this. Judging teams from their exhibitions is pointless. Most teams are testing out rotations. Tennessee did indeed provide a better Defensive performance. They were very stagnant on offense. Was not a great performance but it's hard to judge where they should be when they basically played teams that we're horribly lacking size during their tour. Tennessee is where they need to be right now. They're not in the AP top 25 so everyone gots to stop creating these high expectations. I'm an LSU fan btw

Reaction Score
Everyone is putting far too much stock into an exhibition. Harper said she had lineups and combinations scripted. There was up to about 25 different combinations and the core players probably played about 5 mins together . The game was designed to give each player film to view as Harper wants to keep teaching and educating versus diving into the next thing. If you watched you saw areas of improvement but you also saw a team with more ball movement and more confidence then I’ve seen in YEARS. Wait until the ND game to reserve judgments.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One last point I want to make. The game was also a difference in coaching. Last year's game Tennessee got a lot of points off turnovers. They pressed and trapped the whole game. This team used a press one time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
the crowd was only 3300, only marginally better than the 3200 that showed up for the exhibition last year. i figured there would be a much bigger turnout for the start of a new coaching era for the lady vols

Thats pretty good for an exhibition on a Tuesday Night

Reaction Score
Arkansas beats Oklahoma City University 77-62 behind 31 from Dungee.

Going to watch OKCU exhibition against A&M tonight. One thing I noticed about the box score vs Arkansas is that the Stars outrebounded the Hogs 33-32.

Reaction Score
Going to watch OKCU exhibition against A&M tonight. One thing I noticed about the box score vs Arkansas is that the Stars outrebounded the Hogs 33-32.
Anxious to read your report!

Reaction Score
I am leaving soon for Oregon State for their exhibition game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom