2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Official Visit | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Official Visit

Reaction Score
I thought I had posted this weeks ago but I don't see it. I watched 4 HS games and every highlight I could find.

18.2 PTS
7.3 REB
0.8 AST (1.2 potential)

0.8 TO
0.5 STL
1.2 BLK

69% 2FG (8.8 attempts)
29% 3FG (5.3 attempts)
44% FT (4.5 attempts)

Overall:
7’0 and 230lbs seems about right. IMO he should be our priority for a big. I’d put him as a high 4* in that 30-50 range. Probably a 2+ year player; he would do well under Reed’s tutelage for a year and then taking over. He is definitely still in that awkward big guy stage, not quite comfortable in his body. Moves a little bit like Kalkbrenner. Stats are playing on a loaded top-25 high school team. Not the most athletic, but his conditioning seems decent. Needs to be way more physical on both ends of the floor and gain 15lbs of muscle to compete at the level he wants to, but he does show some toughness once in a while. Really like his attitude as a teammate so far.

Offense:
  • His calling card as a big is his shooting, and you can see why. He takes a ton of them–too many in fact. Settles at times. I expect his percentages this summer have improved from deep. Quite streaky from what I’ve seen… He’s going 4/5 one night and 0/3 and 0/5 in his next two games pretty frequently.
  • FT stroke looks okay, not great. A little stiff in the hips
  • . He does a really solid job when he is able to get a shot off inside–70% from 2 is excellent.
  • He never takes anything mid-range; only 3s and rim shots, just like Hurley wants.
  • I think his passing is underrated in these stats and overall. He doesn’t get a ton of touches so the #s don’t pop. I see him comfortably moving it on the perimeter, he has a nice kick when he can post up, and can feed the post. Mostly left-handed, but developing the right.
  • Struggles to get position inside because of his overall lack of strength right now. Pretty normal for a big who didn’t mature faster than his peers. Needs to sit down, use his core and push with his hips more.
  • Does a nice job relocating when his teammates drive; next step will be sealing a man to help keep the lane open. Same on his rolls. Needs to seal a body.
Defense:
  • Really a textbook defender on the block. Doesn’t make a lot of mistakes, stays upright and contests well. I’d like to see him take more risks as he matures as a player and try to cover more ground. Right now he’s pretty limited in his defensive range.
  • Better perimeter defender than I expected considering he’s not super quick laterally. Did a really nice job staying in front of and limiting Nate Ament in one game.
  • Learning the intricacies of help defense, but you can tell the IQ is there and he’s just working on his processing speed.
  • More of a textbook rebounder than a great one–but I’m pretty picky about rebounding. I need to see him being far more violent when he wants a board.
  • He does a great job of keeping the ball high after the board though. Rarely drops it near the guards hand. Outlets after a rebound really well too.

Reaction Score
An in-home 2 days after an official visit is a little strange, but gotta show him he's a priority and keep up with others' facetime.

Reaction Score
An in-home 2 days after an official visit is a little strange, but gotta show him he's a priority and keep up with others' facetime.
Big East WWE Smack Down with Creighton

Reaction Score
It usually works for me. I don’t see the big deal in just clicking the link though.
Just curious why it works sometimes and doesn't other times. Not sure why XenForo has such strange code.

It's not a big deal to replace "x" with "twitter" either. Just would help everyone read a tweet.

It seems to be important to Tom since he has directions on how to embed a tweet pinned up top here. It's his site.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kid may be the priority of this class, because honestly, it’s the hardest position to find and it’s one that plays a big role in our system. Wings and guards are a dime a dozen it seems, a great 5 isn’t easy to come by. As Bill Parcells always said, finding large athletic men isn’t easy.

Give me Reibe and just one other really quality recruit and I’m satisfied.

Reaction Score
Kid may be the priority of this class, because honestly, it’s the hardest position to find and it’s one that plays a big role in our system. Wings and guards are a dime a dozen it seems, a great 5 isn’t easy to come by. As Bill Parcells always said, finding large athletic men isn’t easy.

Agreed. He should be the priority.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'd love to see us land him, but we should have Reed back next year, and we may lose both McNeely and Stewart. A wing that can shoot should be priority #1. But it doesn't matter because they aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see us land him, but we should have Reed back next year, and we may lose both McNeely and Stewart. A wing that can shoot should be priority #1. But it doesn't matter because they aren't mutually exclusive.
Nowell/Mahaney
Mahaney/Ball
Ross/Stewart
Stewart/Abraham
Reed

Reasonable 7 man rotation right there. Glaring hole is the backup 5, and a 3. Not sure where the OAD fits in as an immediate starter unless you’re telling Ross and Ball they are backups until senior year. Where does Meleek Thomas go here?

So agree 5 and 3 are priorities. As great as 5 stars feel, might be better suited to find kids that will develop into the 27 roster.

Reaction Score
Nowell/Mahaney
Mahaney/Ball
Ross/Stewart
Stewart/Abraham
Reed

Reasonable 7 man rotation right there. Glaring hole is the backup 5, and a 3. Not sure where the OAD fits in as an immediate starter unless you’re telling Ross and Ball they are backups until senior year. Where does Meleek Thomas go here?

So agree 5 and 3 are priorities. As great as 5 stars feel, might be better suited to find kids that will develop into the 27 roster.
No love for Singare? Might surprise you as a backup his junior year.. BTW-Not comparing Singare to Reibe as a superior player. Reibe is much more advanced and with a higher BBIQ

Last edited:

awy

Reaction Score
even though i expect reed to have tremendous growth, you can't count on one guy at a critical position. reibe has all the attributes to be a big impact center and brings a far more diverse set of skills. it's not that surprising that they are prioritizing his recruitment as a strategic piece.

Reaction Score
Since they are in DC, maybe we’ll hear that the staff also stopped in and saw Lewis.
Make it a twofer trip.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I just now opened the Lewis thread and saw these posts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom