2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Official Visit | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Official Visit

Reaction Score
I’m talking about the coaches going to visit the kid every other week

Ok, if I'm a coach and I want a player I would go into certified stalker mode. When every program in the country wants a player, the vibe with a coach can be the turning point (positively or negatively.) I mean, we saw with KO, that he just apparently stopped communicating with prospective recruits. If our staff rolls three deep to see a player as often as possible, that's a serious flex.

Reaction Score
Ok, if I'm a coach and I want a player I would go into certified stalker mode. When every program in the country wants a player, the vibe with a coach can be the turning point (positively or negatively.) I mean, we saw with KO, that he just apparently stopped communicating with prospective recruits. If our staff rolls three deep to see a player as often as possible, that's a serious flex.
Some or even a lot of players like that. I know secondhand through very reliable sources a major recruit that was turned off by “stalker mode” and took a school off his list because of it. Coaches really have to get to know the individual kid to see if that approach works or not. I’d say the majority like to be courted and heavily sought after. But some don’t want constant visits, calls, and texts.

Reaction Score
Some or even a lot of players like that. I know secondhand through very reliable sources a major recruit that was turned off by “stalker mode” and took a school off his list because of it. Coaches really have to get to know the individual kid to see if that approach works or not. I’d say the majority like to be courted and heavily sought after. But some don’t want constant visits, calls, and texts.

Oh, I get that. And part of being a good recruiter is getting that vibe. Obviously the multiple in-home's and pop-ins we're doing illustrate that some of these kids really dig that attention and "love."

I think the fairly well-known Ray Allen story is that he was put off that Pitino, on their visit, didn't make him a big deal at a dinner with the players and he was put-off by that. I think Pitino basically said he would red carpet night one and then the let the recruit vibe with players night two. Ray didn't like that.

awy

Reaction Score
gotta look at the content of the meetings. stalkers don't tend to add a lot even if they are allowed to talk for months.

Reaction Score
gotta look at the content of the meetings. stalkers don't tend to add a lot even if they are allowed to talk for months.

For sure, I was using hyperbole when using the stalker term. Would've been best just to say frequent, meaningful attention.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the fairly well-known Ray Allen story is that he was put off that Pitino, on their visit, didn't make him a big deal at a dinner with the players and he was put-off by that
As I remember that story, we was "put off" because he was eating dinner at Pitino's restaurant, and Pitino was at a table eating and didn't even come over and say hello. Ray joked to another recruit "if Coach Calhoun was here, he'd be bringing over our food to the table!" The fact that he was at Kentucky and talking to another recruit about Jim Calhoun makes me smile to this day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I want this kid. Can we cross the Reibe-conn?
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Reaction Score
As I remember that story, we was "put off" because he was eating dinner at Pitino's restaurant, and Pitino was at a table eating and didn't even come over and say hello. Ray joked to another recruit "if Coach Calhoun was here, he'd be bringing over our food to the table!" The fact that he was at Kentucky and talking to another recruit about Jim Calhoun makes me smile to this day.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Lindy’s college Basketball magazine came out this week, In recruiting section they list Eric Reibe as committed to Creighton. Did he commit and reopen his recruitment or was that an error by the magazines powers to be ?

Reaction Score
Lindy’s college Basketball magazine came out this week, In recruiting section they list Eric Reibe as committed to Creighton. Did he commit and reopen his recruitment or was that an error by the magazines powers to be ?
He never committed. He got a crystal ball to them at one point, but that's as far as it went.

Reaction Score
"IU was a great visit,” he said via text. “I could get more insights and learn about their history and player development with big men like Trayce JacksonDavis and Kel‘el Ware. They want me to come in and start as a freshman, they’ll be losing 3 bigs so they need someone to fill that spot. They see me playing in front of incoming transfers as well.”

Reaction Score
"IU was a great visit,” he said via text. “I could get more insights and learn about their history and player development with big men like Trayce JacksonDavis and Kel‘el Ware. They want me to come in and start as a freshman, they’ll be losing 3 bigs so they need someone to fill that spot. They see me playing in front of incoming transfers as well.”

In other words, completely new team. Maybe even new staff.

Reaction Score

Nothing like the promise of playing time to induce a teenager - glad that's not an item on the UConn MBB staff list.

Reaction Score
Someone should try to talk some sense into this young man. He’s not a one-and-done prospect; he’s at least 2 years away from the NBA. So instead of focusing on PT as a freshman, he should look at the potential for development over 2 (or more) years, i.e., Donovan Clingan.

awy

Reaction Score
all i can conclude is that indiana fans are pretty delusional and have some propaganda power in the media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom