2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Official Visit | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Official Visit

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A huge bag and promise of starting no matter what has gotta be tempting. I'm sure UConn and Kansas told him he's probably spending at least one year as a backup.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A huge bag and promise of starting no matter what has gotta be tempting. I'm sure UConn and Kansas told him he's probably spending at least one year as a backup.

Who would Reibe be sitting behind here? I don't think Danny promises starting roles like other coaches do, but he certainly tells recruits when the opportunity to start is there. This isn't Clingan sitting behind Sanogo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Who would Reibe be sitting behind here? I don't think Danny promises starting roles like other coaches do, but he certainly tells recruits when the opportunity to start is there. This isn't Clingan sitting behind Sanogo.
Probably Reed. But I also don't think it's guaranteed Reed is better than Reibe either tbh.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Probably Reed. But I also don't think it's guaranteed Reed is better than Reibe either tbh.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by Reed turning in an all-conference-type season. Not expecting it. I mean, did you see him fielding that grounder??? :)

Reaction Score

100 percent. Reibe and Reed were rated similarly. First year kid with no college strength training versus a 4th year kid. We have had so much success with our last two centers, but I think people would be surprised by the average outcome for some big ranked between 30 and 70.

Reaction Score
"They see me playing in front of incoming transfers as well."

So they know what transfers they'll be bringing in after this coming season?? :confused:
“We’re going to recruit over you in the transfer portal, but don’t worry we promise you’ll start as a freshman” is a hell of a pitch

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Any kid that doesn’t want to be recruited over and wants to see the court is not a Husky kind of player

Reaction Score
Tarris Reed but Danny loves the 2 headed monster at center. Sanogo Clingan. Clingan Samson. Samson Reed.

Reaction Score
Adams or Mullins plus Reibe and Bundalo please

We're getting Adams...at this point I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't. Reibe and Bundalo are the only bigs we are recruiting...while we're recruiting a few other guard/wing types. So I think there may be a bit of a misconception here; I'm under the impression that if we take 3 guys, we are looking for 2 guards/wings and 1 big. I just think we'd be recruiting more bigs if we really wanted to bring 2 guys in...the math doesn't line up.

My impression is the goal is:

2 of Adams/Mullins/Thomas/Lewis/Furphy
1 of Reibe/Bundalo

Now...if we get 3 commits and a 4th wants to commit, and we are certain it won't impact the 3 guys already committed, maybe we take a 4th guy. But it just doesn't make sense to me that we're recruiting 5 guards and 2 bigs if we only want to take 1 guard and 2 bigs.

Reaction Score
We're getting Adams...at this point I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't. Reibe and Bundalo are the only bigs we are recruiting...while we're recruiting a few other guard/wing types. So I think there may be a bit of a misconception here; I'm under the impression that if we take 3 guys, we are looking for 2 guards/wings and 1 big. I just think we'd be recruiting more bigs if we really wanted to bring 2 guys in...the math doesn't line up.

My impression is the goal is:

2 of Adams/Mullins/Thomas/Lewis/Furphy
1 of Reibe/Bundalo

Now...if we get 3 commits and a 4th wants to commit, and we are certain it won't impact the 3 guys already committed, maybe we take a 4th guy. But it just doesn't make sense to me that we're recruiting 5 guards and 2 bigs if we only want to take 1 guard and 2 bigs.

Sounds about right. I'm sure we're showing Adams and Mullins how they could play together. I think ournsystem could be great with both but itncould be hard to convince the second to commit.

Reaction Score
Bundalo has made it clear his position is the 4.
Reibe has made it clear his position is the 5
I don't know why we wouldn't be pushing for both
Bundalo just happens to be tall like Villanueva & Donyell that were tall 4's
Yep, they both shoot it from outside. Maybe that's why people don't think we'll get both of them.

Reaction Score
Bundalo has made it clear his position is the 4.
Reibe has made it clear his position is the 5
I don't know why we wouldn't be pushing for both
Bundalo just happens to be tall like Villanueva & Donyell that were tall 4's
Game has also changed and Hurley’s coaching style in the last 2 years has been 4 out, 1 in. There’s a reason for that…and it works. Maybe Bundalo can play that role…but I’m not 100% sold on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom