Eric Cobb commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eric Cobb commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His three-point shooting is a concern.

Not that he misses them, it's that he thinks he should take them.

Go stand under the rim, big boy. We have players who can miss threes for you.

Also, don't look at his free throw shooting numbers from his freshman year. Just don't do it.

I'm not saying that he's going to play 30 minutes a night and average 15 and 10. But I think if he gets into shape, which appears to be a long-running concern, he's a player who fills a role we've needed filled for a while. (The knock-Gary-Clark-0n-his-ass role.)

Reaction Score

If Ollie doesn't let Enoch take them I'm sure he won't let cobb. I hope haha

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Purvis is leaving. Gonna have to find a new #1 poor shooting option.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I know very little about him but it will be nice to finally have a kid who can bench more than 175 lbs. Hopefully we bring in a big man coach to work with him and the other guys.
I wonder if he can do that sick move Brimah does where he holds the ball like a baby bird, and the other team blows it out of his hands and lays it up for a quick 2.

All jokes aside, this kid will grab boards and make people stick a body on him inside, which is welcome enough for me. Hope he and Enoch battle hard for the starting spot.

Reaction Score
I now really want shawn olden for next year. With olden and cobb added I'd feel really confident about next year

Reaction Score
Rak lubin was 6'6 6'7 at best. Cobb is listed at 6'9 and 6'10 from other sources. They aren't really similar. Cobb had power 5 offers out of HS, Rak didn't. Cobb has a lot more potential than rak lubin

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
All jokes aside, this kid will grab boards and make people stick a body on him inside, which is welcome enough for me. Hope he and Enoch battle hard for the starting spot.
He had an excellent defensive rebound rate (23%) in limited minutes with South Carolina last year, and that's without question our biggest need.

As pointed out by a poster who I now have on ignore, he shot 1-for-18 from the line as a freshman. However, he shot 66% from the line this past year in JuCo ball, which suggests he's someone who is able to 1) work on his game, and 2) actually improve when he does so! I see that as a positive.

Just got to convince him to eat a few salads now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if he can do that sick move Brimah does where he holds the ball like a baby bird, and the other team blows it out of his hands and lays it up for a quick 2.
Have mercy
It's probably not realistic but would love to add that Russian Egor on rice as grad transfer. 47% from 3 this year
I now really want shawn olden for next year. With olden and cobb added I'd feel really confident about next year
Either one of these 2 presumably leaves us with 2 open schollies for 2018, and that's assuming Adams and Larrier both go pro.

Edit - Not true, only Olden would be a junior actually. But I really wouldn't be hopeful for Koulechov.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's probably not realistic but would love to add that Russian Egor on rice as grad transfer. 47% from 3 this year
That'd be nice lol. But a 3 point sniper with some athletic ability and defensive potential is exactly what the doctor ordered for next year's team. You can never have enough shot makers

Reaction Score
Have mercy

Either one of these 2 presumably leaves us with 2 open schollies for 2018, and that's assuming Adams and Larrier both go pro.

Very little chance both Adams and Larrier leave after next year.

Adams I'd say maybe 50-70% to leave. Larrier, coming back from injury, 20% at best.

Reaction Score
Very little chance both Adams and Larrier leave after next year.

Adams I'd say maybe 50-70% to leave. Larrier, coming back from injury, 20% at best.
Unless Larrier is a shadow of himself athletically, I doubt he returns after graduating, which he is on track to do next year.

Reaction Score
Have mercy

Edit - Not true, only Olden would be a junior actually. But I really wouldn't be hopeful for Koulechov.
I'm not too worried about the scholly situation in 2018 because I think we have at least 4 four year players in Jackson, Vital, and Enoch and gilbert. That's. Nice cushion to have

Reaction Score

Also, don't look at his free throw shooting numbers from his freshman year. Just don't do it.

I'm not saying that he's going to play 30 minutes a night and average 15 and 10. But I think if he gets into shape, which appears to be a long-running concern, he's a player who fills a role we've needed filled for a while. (The knock-Gary-Clark-0n-his-ass role.)
Yea, but we will need someone to replace Purvis in the missed three department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom