Enoch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enoch

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not so sure about #1. Enoch does not seem like a Hurley-type player. Hurley says if you don't play defense you won't play. He also does not appreciate a lack of hustle. Enoch was a raw offensive talent with no fire or defensive ability.

Our defense right now isn’t good. Especially on the interior. That’s to be expected as Hurley installs his system, Enoch would’ve gotten a chance to work through it like every other player is. Vital and Gilbert are our only defenders with a clue. Whaley shows defensive potential. Hard to judge coming off ankle sprain .
Our offense is light years ahead of last year, and I like the effort we play on D , but let’s not kid ourselves that we are a good "team defense" team right now. We aren’t. Hopefully by February we are.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We’ve all watched Yakwe this season for limited minutes so it’s not wrong to guess that Hurley would have some use for Enoch in some capacity. Big men have ups and downs game to game. We used to watch Brimah score 40 and think he’s turning a corner, only to see 2 points and 1 rebound in the next outing. Enoch is getting his first extended pt and his results will probably vary game to game.

Reaction Score
We’ve all watched Yakwe this season for limited minutes so it’s not wrong to guess that Hurley would have some use for Enoch in some capacity. Big men have ups and downs game to game. We used to watch Brimah score 40 and think he’s turning a corner, only to see 2 points and 1 rebound in the next outing. Enoch is getting his first extended pt and his results will probably vary game to game.

I agree with everything, except that Enoch is getting his first extended PT. He played 14 minutes with Louisville. That's not unlike his soph year at UConn.

Reaction Score
He was badly overhyped. If he had been from Norwalk New Jersey nobody would care. Just another big who can’t get out of his own way. He gives UL 5 extra fouls down low. That’s about all.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Not so sure about #1. Enoch does not seem like a Hurley-type player. Hurley says if you don't play defense you won't play. He also does not appreciate a lack of hustle. Enoch was a raw offensive talent with no fire or defensive ability.
Agree. We will never know if he had stayed if he would have responded to Hurley challenge to practice day in and out at Hurley pace. It might be interesting to imagine what might have been if he had been under Hurley from the very beginning at say URI.
Wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Agree. We will never know if he had stayed if he would have responded to Hurley challenge to practice day in and out at Hurley pace. It might be interesting to imagine what might have been if he had been under Hurley from the very beginning at say URI.
Wish him the best.

I just feel like he lacked the will to put in the necessary work to get better. The passion didn’t seem there for him.

Reaction Score

I agree. I don't think it's a given Enoch would be starting here. Cobb certainly could have put up those kind of numbers against bad teams, but Hurley won't give him minutes because he can't defend. Cobb and Enoch are similar in a lot of ways. Carlton isn't as athletic but he at least positions himself correctly on D.

Reaction Score
Enoch is a tool box. Moves well, never max effort on tough movements, big, long...

But that's about it. He's never come close to putting it together.

Reaction Score
Enoch is a tool box. Moves well, never max effort on tough movements, big, long...

But that's about it. He's never come close to putting it together.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. His Tarzan body makes him succeed against crap opponents. He still has to prove he can come up bigger than Jane at a high Division 1 level. Hope he does but not yet convinced we are missing out on anything with him not here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was best for Steve to move on for the redshirt year if nothing else. He was one of the youngest players in the country when he started, iirc. He needed guidance that I don't believe he received. A bad start can be hard to overcome. I can easily still root for the guy.

Reaction Score
He's going to have productive games I think that will have many here lamenting his transfer.

Reaction Score
He's going to have productive games I think that will have many here lamenting his transfer.

If "productive" is occasionally scoring a few then yes. If defense is part of the equation then no lamenting will occur.

Reaction Score
If Enoch stayed :
1) he would be a senior and would be battling Cobb for senior PT as Hurley would be playing Carlton for his consistency and further development. Basically a transition player from Ollie to Hurley.

2) he would have decided to transfer after Ollie was fired.

I suspect that 2 would have been the likely scenario. His lack of development during his redshirt/transfer year tells us all we need to know.

pj

Reaction Score
Enoch is a taller, longer, and more skilled Kwintin Williams.

He's the guy who should be really good, but somehow isn't.

Maybe Hurley would have gotten through to him, but personally I'm fine with some other coach taking on that responsibility.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I think you'd be surprised at how many people haven't carved out enough mental space to lament him.

Reaction Score
Against Michigan St. Hit a 3 pointer 9 seconds into the game and then picked up 2 fouls within the first 1:33 of the game and was on the bench for the rest of the 1st half. Seem familiar?

Picked up #3 47 seconds into the 2nd half

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Enoch is much more talented than Yakwe.

Reaction Score
Played 6 minutes, 3 fouls, 1 rebound and 1 for 3 on three's for a total of 3 points. Didn't play down the stretch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Enoch is much more talented than Yakwe.
Not really, but personally I have zero interest in any former UConn players that decided to leave the program.

Enoch could become an AA and really who cares, he's gone....I like that Yakwe is here I always found Enoch to be a frustrating boob.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not really, but personally I have zero interest in any former UConn players that decided to leave the program.
Enoch could become an AA and really who cares, he's gone....I like that Yakwe is here I always found Enoch to be a frustrating boob.

Normally frown on ripping former players, but this got a chuckle out of me.

Reaction Score
Was.

Firmly believe a lot of the attitude problems we had was a result of leadership. There is enough evidence in the changes we see from the guys who stayed to hypothesize that we’d see a different Enoch in effort and attitude. At both ends of the court

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Enoch is a solid offensive player but his defense is terrible still. He would play a lot but would need protection on the defensive end

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom