Enoch | The Boneyard

Enoch

Reaction Score
No transfer thread anymore but I watched a little of him yesterday vs Tennessee. Looked a lot like our guy from 2 years ago. UT was too fast for him on D, his rotations were dreadful and created foul trouble and they guard him well on the block. I know he was 0-2 with no rebounds and no points, one of the shots was a side backboarder.

Seems like we wanted to show how much we lost and make sure when he scores and gets boards we post it, just thought we'd take a look at the other side vs a real good team. Hope the kid does well, but he was really bad on defense again yesterday and yanked by Mack on one lost assignment that I saw.

BY the way I'd love to have him though.;)

Only fair.

Reaction Score
Yeah I purposely watched just to see Enoch, and he had a bad game. I would still take him in a heartbeat, and he has played well, but not last night. Mack is a good coach, and I notice their big guys actually move on offense. This is probably a good team to be on for Enoch.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ll put my money on him eventually figuring it out. The difference is, he’ll receive real coaching at UL. It’s not a mistake none of our bigs developed, that or Ollie was terrible at scouting bigs.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Good point Mau should not just post his positives, but that was also against the 5th best team in the country who has an amazing, experienced front court.

Reaction Score
I’ll put my money on him eventually figuring it out. The difference is, he’ll receive real coaching at UL. It’s not a mistake none of our bigs developed, that or Ollie was terrible at scouting bigs.

He may not figure it out. It's his 4th year of college.

Reaction Score
He’s not gonna figure it out.

Some interesting tools, but we’re in year three. Two years he didn’t play because he stunk. Sat out year three and isn’t that much better.

Even if he’s really usable his senior year, he’s a bust. Didn’t come anywhere near to living up to the hype.

Reaction Score
As I recall, he played JV as a junior in high school and did not have much meaningful playing experience. Wasn't his hype largely based on his size, athleticism and potential to gain competence with increased playing time?

Reaction Score
Saw him the 2nd half of the game against Maquette. Enoch is better offensively but the same player on defense. The Marquette offense revolve around running pick n rolls with Enoch's man as the screener. They got a good look each and every time. Everytime enoch was in the game, MArquette would go on a 6 to 0 run. Steve was bench for most of the 2nd half for defensive reasons. He did not have a field goal the last 35 minute of the game. He will be like MAL when the ACC season is in full swing. I m pretty sure he will be eligible as a grad transfer after this yr as the Louieville board r turning on him already

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Saw him the 2nd half of the game against Maquette. Enoch is better offensively but the same player on defense. The Marquette offense revolve around running pick n rolls with Enoch's man as the screener. They got a good look each and every time. Everytime enoch was in the game, MArquette would go on a 6 to 0 run. Steve was bench for most of the 2nd half for defensive reasons. He did not have a field goal the last 35 minute of the game. He will be like MAL when the ACC season is in full swing. I m pretty sure he will be eligible as a grad transfer after this yr as the Louieville board r turning on him already

How's the SJU board looking?

(You don't have to answer that)

Reaction Score
I watched the game, too. He looked lost and like he'd rather be anywhere other in the world than the basketball court. Don't get me wrong I wish him well, for being both a CT kid and former Husky, but I just don't see it. I think some overreacted when he averaged 14 PPG through the first 3 games. Those 3 games were against Nicholls, Southern, and Vermont. Carlton could've had those numbers and more against that competition. Steve plays in the ACC now, I don't see things getting any better in conference play. Now don't take this post as a low blow to Steve, I wish him all the best, just giving my honest opinion.

Reaction Score
I watched the game, too. He looked lost and like he'd rather be anywhere other in the world than the basketball court. Don't get me wrong I wish him well, for being both a CT kid and former Husky, but I just don't see it. I think some overreacted when he averaged 14 PPG through the first 3 games. Those 3 games were against Nicholls, Southern, and Vermont. Carlton could've had those numbers and more against that competition. Steve plays in the ACC now, I don't see things getting any better in conference play. Now don't take this post as a low blow to Steve, I wish him all the best, just giving my honest opinion.
No need to apologize for telling as it is. SE was not a team player in 2016-17. I do not wish him harm but don't wish him well either

Reaction Score
1) Enoch would start at UConn right now.

2) St. John’s doesn’t get press or fans when they win or lose.

Not so sure about #1. Enoch does not seem like a Hurley-type player. Hurley says if you don't play defense you won't play. He also does not appreciate a lack of hustle. Enoch was a raw offensive talent with no fire or defensive ability.

Reaction Score
Enoch has nice ability around the basket offensively, though he hooked to seal his man often on his moves with UConn. His issue was and probably still is he is lost on defense. He doesn't even seem to know where he is supposed to be on the floor and fouls when he does end up in the right spot. I hope he puts it together because he has talent and physical ability. I'd still take him on this team right now.

Reaction Score
Does anyone here really know Enoch and what motivates hime? Is it possible Enoch is like Toraino Walker and has never loved the game? If that's the case he'll probably never put the time and effort in that it takes to become a better all around player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom