Enoch | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Enoch

Reaction Score
Enoch is much more talented than Yakwe.

Yakwe looks like a good teammate and talent only means so much if you can't do anything with it and don't want to be here. Would I take Enoch, sure another 5 foul 8-12 minute guy his size wouldn't hurt. But he is who he is still, wasn't all bad coaching just a little of that and a talented kid who doesn't get it. Not hurting us with him not here like many think.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yakwe looks like a good teammate and talent only means so much if you can't do anything with it and don't want to be here. Would I take Enoch, sure another 5 foul 8-12 minute guy his size wouldn't hurt. But he is who he is still, wasn't all bad coaching just a little of that and a talented kid who doesn't get it. Not hurting us with him not here like many think.

I'd rather have Yakwe this year, with the open schollie for next year, and allow Carlton to develop more in the post. Best of both worlds.

It's not like we are making a deep run this year (Miracle on Ice 2.0?), so I'm looking to set things up for the future.

Reaction Score
Was.

Firmly believe a lot of the attitude problems we had was a result of leadership. There is enough evidence in the changes we see from the guys who stayed to hypothesize that we’d see a different Enoch in effort and attitude. At both ends of the court

Listen I don’t want to come off as an who trashes guys who transfer but I simply don’t think Enoch was a loss for the program. I did not see passion from him and he didn’t seem like the type willing to put in the work to get better. He looked like he couldn’t care less about being on the court. Hurley loves guys like CV and AG because they want to get better and give 110% every second they’re on the court. I did not see that from Steve. If it works out for him at Louisville, I’ll be glad he found the right situation

Reaction Score
I am not ripping here. My observation is he looked good against lesser opponents. When playing high level opponents he appears to be the same guy that played here. Comparing him to Yakwe is a reach in my opinion. I wish him no ill will, he just never lived up to the hype.

Reaction Score
Enoch came in for 4 minutes or so midway through the 2nd half. L'ville had a 53-46 lead when he entered and he left when it was 53-52 with the last bucket being a layup off a a pick and roll where Enoch lost his man. He has some moves on the offensive end, but is still a tremendous liability on defense. Likely to lose his starting spot.

We will look back at Durham as the one we wish stayed. Has 15 blocks in 69 minutes and is shooting 60% from the field. His minutes will be increasing at ND.

Reaction Score
Mack will be a good coach for him

His skills and quickness for his size are extraordinary. His think the game - BB IQ & his focus & natural competitiveness ... remains the issue.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
What do you think the results would be if we had a poll of which one guy we would like to have back (including transfers and recruits who left when KO was fired)? My guess is it would be Jackson followed by Akinjo but I'm with @UConnRock because I would take Durham who had 5 blocks last night.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Enoch came in for 4 minutes or so midway through the 2nd half. L'ville had a 53-46 lead when he entered and he left when it was 53-52 with the last bucket being a layup off a a pick and roll where Enoch lost his man. He has some moves on the offensive end, but is still a tremendous liability on defense. Likely to lose his starting spot.

We will look back at Durham as the one we wish stayed. Has 15 blocks in 69 minutes and is shooting 60% from the field. His minutes will be increasing at ND.

I've always maintained this from day 1; just wish he had redshirted his first year. Perhaps he would have stuck around for that second and then stayed with Hurley. Who knows though as KO's style might have dissuaded him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What do you think the results would be if we had a poll of which one guy we would like to have back (including transfers and recruits who left when KO was fired)? My guess is it would be Jackson followed by Akinjo but I'm with @UConnRock because I would take Durham who had 5 blocks last night.

For our team, it would probably be Durham. He's got the highest upside of everybody on the list.

Jackson would be the most useful this year, but Durham could chip in on that (even though he's a Polley/Sid build).

We are stacked at guard, so while missing out on Akinjo appears to be a loss, I'm not worried about it.

Reaction Score
Listen I don’t want to come off as an who trashes guys who transfer but I simply don’t think Enoch was a loss for the program. I did not see passion from him and he didn’t seem like the type willing to put in the work to get better. He looked like he couldn’t care less about being on the court. Hurley loves guys like CV and AG because they want to get better and give 110% every second they’re on the court. I did not see that from Steve. If it works out for him at Louisville, I’ll be glad he found the right situation
I agree with all of that regarding his time at UConn.

I just think it's possible (maybe even likely, but certainly not "guaranteed") that he would have had a completely different attitude/mindset (whatever you want to call it) playing for a guy like Hurley.

Example A: Eric Cobb
Example B: Christian Vital

Don't get me wrong, I'm not wringing my hands over his departure, I was one of the guys who posted that I didn't think we'd miss him at all due to his ineptitude on defense, and his 40+/- FG percentage. But I think his upside (particularly on offense) is far higher than Yakwe's, and if Hurley could have a similar impact on Enoch as he did with Cobb, we'd have a better frontcourt than we currently do.

I'd like to cheer for him, but he's at Louisville and F everything about that program.

Reaction Score
For our team, it would probably be Durham. He's got the highest upside of everybody on the list.

Jackson would be the most useful this year, but Durham could chip in on that (even though he's a Polley/Sid build).

We are stacked at guard, so while missing out on Akinjo appears to be a loss, I'm not worried about it.
A Coming Of Age For Juwan Durham?

A lot of us did say Durham had the highest upside. I think he just needed more time after all the knee surgeries to get his game back.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A lot of us did say Durham had the highest upside. I think he just needed more time after all the knee surgeries to get his game back.

And coaching. And a team that ran a system that worked.

For the record, I wasn't claiming I was the only one with that opinion.

Reaction Score
Enoch would be playing for us. He wouldn't make us materially better. Same with Jackson. They are both players that if they wanted to do the work would make us marginally better, but I'm not losing sleep over it for this year. (Obviously last year it killed us having lost them so unexpectedly.)

If Durham stays for his college career -- which is two more years after this one -- he could turn out to be really good. I think almost everyone here has said that all along. The problem is he wanted to play before he was ready to help the team, and his presence on the court before he was ready was huring the team. So what are you going to do?

C

Chief00

Enoch would be playing for us. He wouldn't make us materially better. Same with Jackson. They are both players that if they wanted to do the work would make us marginally better, but I'm not losing sleep over it for this year. (Obviously last year it killed us having lost them so unexpectedly.)

If Durham stays for his college career -- which is two more years after this one -- he could turn out to be really good. I think almost everyone here has said that all along. The problem is he wanted to play before he was ready to help the team, and his presence on the court before he was ready was huring the team. So what are you going to do?

I think the difference between Jackson and Enoch is who else can play the position for us and how good they are. Against a good team we are currently very close to being manhandled up front.

Reaction Score

If you saw him last night, you'd have seen Durham looks a lot more manly now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That wasn't the intent of what I wrote. I guess it's tough to tell tone and intent on a message board.

True, and the perception changes based on the current mood of the reader. I was annoyed with a travel booking company at that point and was ready to punch a brick wall.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's hard to fault the kid for that, given that he'd been on the shelf for two years. I'm sure he was itching to get back. I'm guessing KO promised him that as well before coming in.

It would have been better for his career to sit, but maybe for his mind, to play.

Reaction Score
I think the difference between Jackson and Enoch is who else can play the position for us and how good they are. Against a good team we are currently very close to being manhandled up front.

But having Enoch only stops that for a few minutes if he can't keep himself on the floor. You are entitled to your opinion. It's just that it's wrong.

C

Chief00

But having Enoch only stops that for a few minutes if he can't keep himself on the floor. You are entitled to your opinion. It's just that it's wrong.
LOL - I bet Hurley would like that tool in the toolbox.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom