Enoch is transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can we PLEASE stop with the Ollie leaving stuff? Please? The AD would be an absolute moron to fire Ollie now. One injury filled season and boot him? The guy was a hot NBA coaching candidate and a NC winner 3 yrs ago! Give him a break. We don't know what's going on...but I promise it's not Ollie. Any other coach is insignificant easily replaced IMO.

Reaction Score
I think Zach Brown might be available?

Things don't feel good with the program. Calhoun used to have a clunker every few years, but you felt good about the next year. Like the Brooklyn Dodgers, you could say "wait 'til next year!" We said that for a few years with Ollie's teams, but I don't feel that way now. If anything, I'm expecting more bad news, not good. The basketball program feels a bit like the Diaco football program in that it is going the wrong way, but KO has a lot more points keeping him employed (alum, good (not completely bonkers) guy, national championship rather than just a bowl loss). If there is a staff shakeup coming, it could be Benedict doing the same thing he supposedly did with Diaco. We'll see if KO goes with it (unlike Diaco) or what happens if he doesn't.

Reaction Score
ITT: People acting like WE are the ones who decided to wash our hands of Enoch because he's not good enough.

Don't know about that one... Unless we have some big time transfer coming in. The latest 247 prediction is interesting, despite being a guard.

Reaction Score
Can we PLEASE stop with the Ollie leaving stuff? Please? The AD would be an absolute moron to fire Ollie now. One injury filled season and boot him? The guy was a hot NBA coaching candidate and a NC winner 3 yrs ago! Give him a break. We don't know what's going on...but I promise it's not Ollie. Any other coach is insignificant easily replaced IMO.
Wish it was just an assistant coach.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score

Things don't feel good with the program. Calhoun used to have a clunker every few years, but you felt good about the next year. Like the Brooklyn Dodgers, you could say "wait 'til next year!" We said that for a few years with Ollie's teams, but I don't feel that way now. If anything, I'm expecting more bad news, not good. The basketball program feels a lot like the Diaco football program, but KO has more points keeping him employed (alum, good (not completely bonkers) guy, national championship rather than just a bowl loss). If there is a staff shakeup coming, it could be Benedict doing the same thing he supposedly did with Diaco. We'll see if KO goes with it (unlike Diaco) or what happens if he doesn't.
This was the clunker....and it shouldn't have been. Yes they lost those 2 games early but they were too talented to not figure it out with AG and TL healthy. Next yr they'll be ranked and back to form. I'm not worried about Enoch being gone. the 15-16 season they won a tournament game and a conference championship. People need to SETTLE DOWN.

Reaction Score
Basically there's a lot of really interesting guys who got let go from programs who'd make really good assistants. Our assistants aren't very good right now. From a player development standpoint - that much is obvious. I think it's a little silly to put that all on Ollie - but he's certainly in the hotseat if not thrown out the door altogether if they fail again next year. But there's no doubt a shakeup somewhere in the program is needed.

But again - they're up against the clock, here. Big East money's running out, the longer they're in this conference the worse off the program is.... next year has to be positive growth. We're starting to eek into the territory of the school having to ask themselves what's more important. Basketball or football?

C

Chief00

This one will haunt us. They tried to get him to stay and he left anyway.

Now, on to the deadwood on the staff....
I agree, I think with the right coaching up - Enoch could have been a decent center. Average or above upside on scoring and rebounding. Below average on defense but has size not to get backed down in post.

Reaction Score
Well, there is going to be a big shoe that drops. No kid who is pegged to start next season and many more jumps ship unless there is something pretty significant going on.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He got 12 minutes a game with a 6/7 man rotation. If he was good enough to play, he would have gotten more than 12 minutes this year.

And even if he weren't good enough next year, he'd get 20+ minutes BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ANYBODY.

This is bad. We don't have anyone to play inside.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
CV and Jalen have posted being upset about Steve transferring, which bodes well for the two of them returning. Vance has insinuated on Twitter that he'll be back. I can't imagine either of Alterique or Larrier would leave after sitting out the year. Who am I missing that is indispensable?

Reaction Score

Things don't feel good with the program. Calhoun used to have a clunker every few years, but you felt good about the next year. Like the Brooklyn Dodgers, you could say "wait 'til next year!" We said that for a few years with Ollie's teams, but I don't feel that way now. If anything, I'm expecting more bad news, not good. The basketball program feels a bit like the Diaco football program in that it is going the wrong way, but KO has a lot more points keeping him employed (alum, good (not completely bonkers) guy, national championship rather than just a bowl loss). If there is a staff shakeup coming, it could be Benedict doing the same thing he supposedly did with Diaco. We'll see if KO goes with it (unlike Diaco) or what happens if he doesn't.

Are you on drugs? Ollie is 1 year removed from a second round loss in the NCAA tournament, 3 years removed from a national championship, has signed two highly regarded recruiting classes. And you compare him to Diaco. Stop doing drugs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom