Enoch is transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
Think the more important question here is...is this a shake up by Ollie and Benedict? Or are these people leaving by their own accord. I don't like where this is headed...I hope KO isn't losing control of the ship...

Reaction Score
Things are a Trainwreck/ Titanic with our program. Less than 24 hours ago I heard one of our top guards could be gone and another player also. Heard another coach or two could be gone in the next 2 weeks.

I am not bulllshiting ask BFieldHusky, i Pm some of this today to him...

Wait, what?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Things are a Trainwreck/ Titanic with our program. Less than 24 hours ago I heard one of our top guards could be gone and another player also. Heard another coach or two could be gone in the next 2 weeks.

Cant' say which players? I believe you...just curious...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You guys go to games and watch what happened ? It tells a lot more than what you see on TV.

When Enoch was on the floor and UConn was defending near their own bench Ollie would literally have to coach Enoch for full possessions . Point to areas of the floor to stand. Everything . It was like watching a coach in a tee ball game positioning kindergarteners.

This is a high division 1 college player.

I like Steve and I think he has some skills.

Not a good fit for the way KO wants to play. We will be fine .

Reaction Score
Think the more important question here is...is this a shake up by Ollie and Benedict? Or are these people leaving by their own accord. I don't like where this is headed...I hope KO isn't losing control of the ship...
I think its ollie and benedict but had nothing to back that.

Reaction Score

We're asking you. I always welcome your insight, but please why bring this up if you can't provide more detail.

Reaction Score
Next year or two is a pivotal point in this programs history. I feel the next two years are basically make or break for us for the near future. I'm also an Ollie supporter, BUT if he is losing control of the program and the ship is sinking and there are major behind the scenes problems then he has to go. You can't keep him, if he is losing control of the program, out of loyalty.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Enoch wasn't very good and no one on the staff made him any better....which makes him pretty much like every UConn big man since Ollie took over.

Now, Enoch is gone and we're replacing him with thin air and expecting the same coaching staff to figure it out? We were already walking on a tightrope with the front court and now we've thrown away the balance pole.

Don't stand under the wire next season.

So dont expect to see anymore additions?

Reaction Score
Enoch wasn't very good and no one on the staff made him any better....which makes him pretty much like every UConn big man since Ollie took over.

Now, Enoch is gone and we're replacing him with thin air and expecting the same coaching staff to figure it out? We were already walking on a tightrope with the front court and now we've thrown away the balance pole.

Don't stand under the wire next season.
Would be shocked if we are coming back with the same coaching staff next year and without more added to the frontcourt. Luckily the people in charge aren't like most on this board. I have faith they know our problems are deeper than some flukey injuries.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Do you have any specific insight into this? Or did 1 kid transferring and 1 tweet lead you to post this?
I have no specific insight into SE's case specifically, but when considering what I have heard from DHam and Lubin's reasons for leaving, I don't feel great about this.

It's more than "just 1 kid transferring". This is a local CT kid who said he always wanted to play at UConn, going into his junior year with the 5 spot wide open, with major emphasis on the "wide open" part. Transfers like this just don't make sense unless players are unhappy or worried about their future's as basketball players. Either way it's not a good look.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I like Enoch a lot and there is potential in there but the days of waiting for any of our big men to figure some things out until they are seniors has to be over. Need to bring in ready made big men and need someone to coach them up.
So then how do you feel about JuCo fill ins or 5th year transfer stop-gaps, because that's exactly what a departure like this gets filled with at UConn under this current staff.

Reaction Score
My guess is Ollie is coming under pressure to deliver for the first time. Remember, AD Dave has zero loyalty to Ollie, Calhoun or the past. Plus based on what we've seen from him to date he expects results and isn't scared to take heat unlike his predecessor. So he is looking for players and coaches who can deliver next year not 4 years from now. The fact

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I have no specific insight into SE's case specifically, but when considering what I have heard from DHam and Lubin's reasons for leaving, I don't feel great about this.

It's more than "just 1 kid transferring". This is a local CT kid who said he always wanted to play at UConn, going into his junior year with the 5 spot wide open, with major emphasis on the "wide open" part. Transfers like this just don't make sense unless players are unhappy or worried about their future's as basketball players. Either way it's not a good look.

Is this a problem we can fix by replacing some assistants or is it bigger than that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom