Enoch is transferring | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
My bad, I totally meant to type Diarra, thanks for correcting me and being a about it.

And thank you for your keen insight into UConn basketball

Reaction Score
I really hope Steve thinks his choice out before he makes a decision. Like it or not there are a few high level programs that would tell him anything for him to come there and be their back up. He should choose a school he can get the time he needs to play and get better, more like a Manhattan, Iona like Sam Jr, Siena not another program at Husky level where he's going to get recruited over next year while sitting out.

I wish him all the luck in the world hope this decision works for him!
If Steve is thinking about transferring to Providence, or a program of similar stature, this may reflect his thinking that he should have progressed further on the court than he did and the coaching staff hindered that progression. The draw of Providence is that there is a general perception that Cooley and staff do a good job of developing their players. I could see Providence taking a stab at him.

Reaction Score
2014- yes
2003- No, pats were number 1 ranked defense. Were middle of the road on offense.
Think he was talking of the final game itself -- with a score of 32-29 (which is why I didn't argue that one). But I agree with both of you there.

Yes

That Patriots D actually gave up almost a point a minute for the final 30+ of the game. A lot of that had to do with Rodney Harrison breaking an arm.

Carolina had a great D that year.

Reaction Score
I really hope Steve thinks his choice out before he makes a decision. Like it or not there are a few high level programs that would tell him anything for him to come there and be their back up. He should choose a school he can get the time he needs to play and get better, more like a Manhattan, Iona like Sam Jr, Siena not another program at Husky level where he's going to get recruited over next year while sitting out.

I wish him all the luck in the world hope this decision works for him!

Would not be surprised if he goes to Syracuse.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The draw of Providence is that there is a general perception that Cooley and staff do a good job of developing their players. I could see Providence taking a stab at him.

They seem to have done so from the eye test. I mean, it would be hard to really knock they're development results.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if he goes to Syracuse.

Honestly, if he's dead set on a high major, that's probably the best place he could go. Syracuse is Exhibit A on how to hide a guys defensive deficiencies. Especially inside.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Steve Enoch is not transferring to PC or Cuse, why would either of those schools even sniff him? Paschal Chuckwu can't get on the floor for cuse, and he's better than Enoch will ever be.

Reaction Score
Steve Enoch is not transferring to PC or Cuse, why would either of those schools even sniff him? Paschal Chuckwu can't get on the floor for cuse, and he's better than Enoch will ever be.

Paschal was getting minutes but then lost vision in one of his eyes, which he played with for 4 or 5 games. He didn't want to tell the coaches and lose his minutes. The injury required 3 surgeries. Knocked him out for the year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The '54 Indians never had four 20 game winners. The '71 Orioles (palmer, dobson, McNally, cuellar) and the 1920 white Sox are the only teams to ever do that
You are correct. Two 20 game winners, a 19 game winner, 15 game winner and 13 game winner. However, my point was about their dominance and three were Hall of Famers in there prime. Take a look at some gaudy pitching statistics if you like. Also, Hall Newhauser was a Hall of Famer too in the bullpen.

1954 Cleveland Indians Statistics | Baseball-Reference.com

pj

Reaction Score

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Enoch's most likely transferring because he refuses to wear that two piece bathing suit another season. They looked like " The Unsullied of Storrs". Poor babies

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This....is my nightmare.

I think it will happen.
It probably will happen. He'll get that redshirt year he originally needed, and if he's stashed behind a good big he can go up against in practice every day, he will be a really good player. He just needed to grow despite his defensive inefficiencies.

Reaction Score
This....is my nightmare.

I think it will happen.

I think it will too. He was very, very close to being a really good player. A little more seasoning defensively and just relaxing offensively and he's there. Him and Shonn Miller had the best pure, fundamentally sound post moves of any UConn big since Rod Sellers. It wasn't always effective, but it was damn close to being so.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I think it will too. He was very, very close to being a really good player. A little more seasoning defensively and just relaxing offensively and he's there. Him and Shonn Miller had the best pure, fundamentally sound post moves of any UConn big since Rod Sellers. It wasn't always effective, but it was damn close to being so.
I would say Jeff Adrien, Emeka Okafor, Charlie Villanueva, and Hilton Armstrong had all better post moves than the ones listed above.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Wherever he goes, I wouldn't put it past him to average 12 and 6. Once a coach teaches him how to play defense, he can be an impact player.
It's not even the need to teach him advanced defense. If he just moves his feet better he would instantly become twice the player he is now and a serviceable starter on most teams.

I know some people are saying they never saw any of the potential people keep talking about but the offensive footwork and speed that he executes his moves were always very, very impressive, even if the shots bricked 85% of the time. He has the hard part of being an exceptional offensive 5 down pat, its the little things he lacks, and the ability to finish but lets just gloss over that for now.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It's not even the need to teach him advanced defense. If he just moves his feet better he would instantly become twice the player he is now and a serviceable starter on most teams.

I know some people are saying they never saw any of the potential people keep talking about but the offensive footwork and speed that he executes his moves were always very, very impressive, even if the shots bricked 85% of the time. He has the hard part of being an exceptional offensive 5 down pat, its the little things he lacks, and the ability to finish but lets just gloss over that for now.
He might have been the most offensively skilled low-post big man we've recruited since Drummond. And the fact we just let him transfer because Ollie gave him 10 minutes a game to struggle on defense is mind boggling. How the hell can we not make him move his feet and be an active defender? I have a bad feeling about this - I think we're going to regret this one.

Reaction Score
I would say Jeff Adrien, Emeka Okafor, Charlie Villanueva, and Hilton Armstrong had all better post moves than the ones listed above.

Charlie V, definitely... Adrien had a nice jump hook. Hilton and Emeka? Eh. They were more effective. But neither had great post moves in the traditional sense. Emeka's jump hook was effective against other 6-9 big men but his body was far too squared off and was not effective on the next level. Hilton was never a great low post scorer. His big scoring year was 9.7ppg and the vast majority of those points were either dunks from Marcus feeds or put backs. I'm not saying Enoch was a great low post scorer. He wasn't. But his skills in the low post were actually quite good and I'll still maintain from a pure fundamental standpoint, they were better than Emeka's. Emeka was not a "pretty" scorer in the post from a pure skill standpoint.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Charlie V, definitely... Adrien had a nice jump hook. Hilton and Emeka? Eh. They were more effective. But neither had great post moves in the traditional sense. Emeka's jump hook was effective against other 6-9 big men but his body was far too squared off and was not effective on the next level. Hilton was never a great low post scorer. His big scoring year was 9.7ppg and the vast majority of those points were either dunks from Marcus feeds or put backs. I'm not saying Enoch was a great low post scorer. He wasn't. But his skills in the low post were actually quite good and I'll still maintain from a pure fundamental standpoint, they were better than Emeka's. Emeka was not a "pretty" scorer in the post from a pure skill standpoint.

I disagree. Enoch had some nice moves on occasion, but they are being completely overblown.

Better in the post or better moves than Emeka and Adrien? No way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom