Enoch is transferring | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Remember when the UCONN women only scored 60 points or less in a game, and won by 30? I can't. 110 wins and counting.

They traditionally have one of, if not the, best defenses in the country. Genos calling card.

Reaction Score
You just named great defensive players who were also great offensive players. Defense wins championships and pitching wins world series.

Get a clue
Defense does not win championships, offense does. The greatest defensive front in the history of the NFL was the Philadelphia Eagles with Reggie White, the great Jerome Brown, and Clyde Simmons. I still remember watching them push teams up and down the field, but that great defense as great as it was never won a Superbowl. In baseball the greatest 4 man pitching rotation ever was Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, John Matlack, and Nolan Ryan, but those four did not win the world series that year.

Reaction Score
Defense does not win championships, offense does. The greatest defensive front in the history of the NFL was the Philadelphia Eagles with Reggie White, the great Jerome Brown, and Clyde Simmons. I still remember watching them push teams up and down the field, but that great defense as great as it was never won a Superbowl. In baseball the greatest 4 man pitching rotation ever was Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman, John Matlack, and Nolan Ryan, but those four did not win the world series that year.
lol no. The greatest NFL defenses ever were the 85 bears, 2015 broncos and the 2000 ravens and they all won the superbowl.

Reaction Score

Thank you for proving you know less than nothing about baseball. That staff isn't even a top 20 staff of all time and not even the greatest mets pitching staff. The 86 mets was their best staff followed by the 88 mets. And guess what that 86 team won the world series.

You are a fool. Thanks for the laughs tonight

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you for proving you no less than nothing about baseball. That staff isn't even a top 20 staff of all time and not even the greatest mets pitching staff. The 86 mets was their best staff followed by the 88 mets. And guess what that 86 team won the world series.

You are a fool. Thanks for the laughs tonight
Give up, ok jerk?

Reaction Score

The Mets won a World Series in 69 with an OPS+ of 84 which is well below average. Stop putting Ryan in there like he was anything special while on the Mets.

Reaction Score
lol no. The greatest NFL defenses ever were the 85 bears, 2015 broncos and the 2000 ravens and they all won the superbowl.
That Eagles defense was better, they just didn't have an offense that could score points.

Reaction Score
That Eagles defense was better, they just didn't have an offense that could score points.
lol no it wasn't. not even close. you are quite possibly the only person that believes that.

Reaction Score
The Mets won a World Series in 69 with an OPS+ of 84 which is well below average. Stop putting Ryan in there like he was anything special while on the Mets.

My father still has nightmares of the Orioles losing that series.

That orioles staff ('71 with the 4 20 game winners is one of the greatest 2 staffs of all time)

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Defense is far more important from the 5 than offense. Guards and forwards can do all the scoring if need be. Do you need your center to be better than Brimah offensively? Absolutely. You want a guy to at least be able to screen, score garbage, and pass a little. But D is critical.
Mostly I agree. Defense is critical, and what you need at a minimum is a 5 who plays great interior individual D and help D on drives, and can hedge and recover on high pick & roll. But offensively the minimum is a bit more - guy who can keep defenders honest with a couple of effective individual offensive moves when guarded without help. A baby hook, a solid drop step, an ability to finish when his guy leaves to help. If the opposing D has to be concerned with that offense the perimeter will be more open.

Reaction Score

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Re: Philly - That's because Buddy Ryan was the coach and Randall Cunningham the quarterback. And Ryan was way over his head. (aside: I was actually in the locker room with that team for the playoff loss against the Redskins)

Reaction Score
How about this one boys and girls?

Ollie: "Steve, you are not playing defense. I can't tell if you are even trying. We coach you and prod you. You say yes, then fail again and again. I can't see you getting much time next year. We need defense from the 5. That's our system".

Enoch: "Got it coach. I'm out".

Ollie on his way back to his office: "Mission accomplished". Then protests too much about his leaving as the door hits Steve in the arse.

I wish SE all the best. If that's what happened I'd totally be OK with KO.

Reaction Score
How about this one boys and girls?

Ollie: "Steve, you are not playing defense. I can't tell if you are even trying. We coach you and prod you. You say yes, then fail again and again. I can't see you getting much time next year. We need defense from the 5. That's our system".

Enoch: "Got it coach. I'm out".

Ollie on his way back to his office: "Mission accomplished".

Doubtful. We've had a tough time recruiting bigs. I don't see us pushing someone like Enoch out the door

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
jordan bell and oregon

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Lol yeah let's compare a 19 year old kid to hall of famers. Okwandu, nolan, and olander were our bigs and we won't two championships, why? Because our defense was great and we had great guard play. You need competent big men. Having studs would be great obviously but if you can get a center who can get 8-8 that's good enough if you surround him with talent. Great guard play wins championships. Get a clue
This reminds me that in the early Big East before Georgetown had Ewing, Mourning etc. the announcers used to refer to their "three headed center" which was center by committee. Just rotate them and put a respectable game in. They were pretty dominant using that formula.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Strike outs don't count in the run column, only crossing home plate does. GET A CLUE!!!
This is an interesting exchange. 1964 Dodgers (Koufax and Drysdale) beat the vaunted NY Yankees offense
four straight. My first experience with great pitching beats great hitting. However, in 1954 the Cleveland Indians had four twenty game winners (Feller, Wynn, Lemon and Garcia) (three hall of famers) and a great bullpen (Mossi and Narleski) and won a record 111 games in a 154 game season. The Yankees won 106 games and lost the pennant by 5 games! Nevertheless, Giants won the series in 5 games. So you could make the case that whoever gets hot and maybe toughness is what ultimately counts.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting exchange. 1964 Dodgers (Koufax and Drysdale) beat the vaunted NY Yankees offense
four straight. My first experience with great pitching beats great hitting. However, in 1954 the Cleveland Indians had four twenty game winners (Feller, Wynn, Lemon and Garcia) (three hall of famers) and a great bullpen (Mossi and Narleski) and won a record 111 games in a 154 game season. The Yankees won 106 games and lost the pennant by 5 games! Nevertheless, Giants won the series in 5 games. So you could make the case that whoever gets hot and maybe toughness is what ultimately counts.

The '54 Indians never had four 20 game winners. The '71 Orioles (palmer, dobson, McNally, cuellar) and the 1920 white Sox are the only teams to ever do that

Reaction Score
Baseball is the one sport where it's a crap shoot once you get in the playoffs. There so many things happening and margins for error the best teams don't always win and even during the season the best vs worst team is never a guaranteed victory

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom