Enoch is transferring | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
His prior tweet said not taking anymore BS!!!!! with and angry

This does not feel good. We can't afford to lose him, and obviously someone on staff has made critical comments of Vance Jr.

Reaction Score
IMG_8144.PNG

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Maybe because he was insulted having to watch from the bench UCONN lose game after game, and play behind a guy with the footwork of Natambu Willingham, the scoring ability of a giraffe, and the court sense of a bat. I don't know what's worse, Ollie never seeing this coming or he did see it coming and just didn't care.

Then he should have learned to play at least passable defense. They would have lost more with him in there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Since when is Rothstein a hack? To be honest I think he's a waaaaaay better analyst than Bilas. Don't get me wrong I love Bilas, but he's starting to lean more towards a Dickie V than a real nuts and bolts analyst IMHO..

Rothstein has always been a hack. He's not an analyst.

Nice guy, hard-working - he wrote for us back in the day - but he's not an analyst.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Be careful reading anything into anything, especially Twitter.

You have no idea who he's talking to or about.

Or if he's nuts. Doubt few posters, if any, have ever met him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
we did better man to man than zone? vance is going to be a great player I just hope his dad doesnt start chirping anything negative into his head like AO's or he starts acting like balls dad

Reaction Score
Be careful reading anything into anything, especially Twitter.

You have no idea who he's talking to or about.

And notice that Vance hasn't said a thing.

Reaction Score
Then he should have learned to play at least passable defense. They would have lost more with him in there.
Yeah right, and Brimah was the AAC defensive POY. Lol. At least Enoch was never outmuscled for a defensive rebound, and unlike the Senior Brimah, he knew how to throw a decent outlet when he did get the rebound. I also highly doubt he will approach 390 career fouls by the end of his senior year. I am confident his career rebound average will be better than 4.5, by his senior year. Lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah right, and Brimah was the AAC defensive POY. Lol. At least Enoch was never outmuscled for a defensive rebound, and unlike the Senior Brimah, he knew how to throw a decent outlet when he did get the rebound. I also highly doubt he will approach 390 career fouls by the end of his senior year. I am confident his career rebound average will be better than 4.5, by his senior year. Lol

You are correct. In 2015, Brimah was in fact AAC Defensive Player of the Year. That alone should tell you something.

Brimah was 3x the defender Steve will likely ever be. And 30x what Enoch is now.

And since Brimah started all 4 years, I'm sure he'll have a much higher number of fouls in a vacuum than Enoch. Enoch fouled at a higher rate when he actually attempted to guard somebody (or figured out where he needed to be).

Reaction Score
The tweet that concerned me the most was this one:

The "no BS" tweet came 16 hours later. I don't think you have to be an investigative journalist to see some problems here. Hopefully KO talks him off the ledge like he did earlier in the season, because it seems like we have a coach-in-the-stands issue.

Or maybe Vance Sr. means he's not dealing with any more BS from Vance Jr. when he works him out this summer. Let's hope it's that.

Reaction Score
You are correct. In 2015, Brimah was in fact AAC Defensive Player of the Year. That alone should tell you something.

Brimah was 3x the defender Steve will likely ever be. And 30x what Enoch is now.

And since Brimah started all 4 years, I'm sure he'll have a much higher number of fouls in a vacuum than Enoch. Enoch fouled at a higher rate when he actually attempted to guard somebody (or figured out where he needed to be).
What it tells me is that the voters gave way too much credence to a NC the year before, and blocked shots for the highlight reel and not enough to boxing out and grabbing rebounds, instead of picking up cheap fouls when being outpostioned under the basket, or worse giving up an "and one". I would much rather have an offensive minded big, who can make foul shots, can catch an interior pass, can score, and has decent footwork. If he's only a freshman or sophmore the defensive skills will come with more PT and practice, defensive help from the forwards can partially make up for the new guy. Interior defense can be a team effort, can't say the same for a lack of offensive skills. It's always on him to score and or draw a foul.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This one will haunt us. They tried to get him to stay and he left anyway.

Now, on to the deadwood on the staff....
This will not haunt us, happy to see Enoch go, he's been awful and now we have an open scholarship.

Guy never showed any grit or toughness and regressed this year, you can blame it on the coaches, but it is what it is, happy to see him go.

Reaction Score
I think all the crazy stuff that Vance Sr posts is pretty standard parent stuff. I bet a lot of our players hear that kind of stuff from their parents. I'm sure the staff does. Just most parents aren't as active on social media. Hopefully Ollie can handle it. If not, what are you gonna do?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What it tells me is that the voters gave way too much credence to a NC the year before, and blocked shots for the highlight reel and not enough to boxing out and grabbing rebounds, instead of picking up cheap fouls when being outpostioned under the basket, or worse giving up an "and one". I would much rather have an offensive minded big, who can make foul shots, can catch an interior pass, can score, and has decent footwork. If he's only a freshman or sophmore the defensive skills will come with more PT and practice, defensive help from the forwards can partially make up for the new guy. Interior defense can be a team effort, can't say the same for a lack of offensive skills. It's always on him to score and or draw a foul.

Defense is far more important from the 5 than offense. Guards and forwards can do all the scoring if need be. Do you need your center to be better than Brimah offensively? Absolutely. You want a guy to at least be able to screen, score garbage, and pass a little. But D is critical. If a center brings nothing to the table defensively, you simply can't win. It's layup city all day long.

Enoch couldn't move his feet fast enough to guard anyone, couldn't reach out his arm without fouling somebody, didn't offer any rim protection, grabbed the odd rebound that came his way, but had no sense of where to be. Enoch brought virtually nothing to the table defensively.

Enoch has been practicing for 2 years now and still has no clue where to be defensively. And defense is far easier to learn than offense. It's mostly effort and awareness.

And UCONN looked and performed far better defensively when Brimah was in there, than when he was not.

Reaction Score
Losing Enoch sucks but isn't the end of the world.

If we lose anyone else, though, we are in deep again
I believe Enoch is probably one of the easiest players to replace because we are not loosing anything but 5 fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom