Enoch is transferring | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
I certainly don't agree with the people who said that, but there were people who viewed Enoch that way outside of the insane BY posters

Your not helping yourself much by quoting Rothstein........from October 2016..................before the season started. Lol.

Even I thought Enoch would be a pro last summer......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

H

huskymagic

The better question is why would Enoch leave when he should expect to be a starter based on whose returning and who has the most experience of the big men. Some reporters are saying minutes,which means Enoch was told he wouldn't be getting many minutes because Ollie is playing small or the other big men would be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Ollie needs to correct this notion that he is only a guards coach or we wont get any good big men going forward with Ollie at the helm. This notion that he is a great guards coach implies that he neglects the bigs and it shows with how our bigs have played and have been utilized. It's the head coach who implements and develops players primarily not assistants.

We need Durham and Mamadou to pan out or we are in trouble with big men recruiting going forward.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The boneyard doesn't speculate on players transferring, except in this thread dedicated to speculating on players transferring:)

Rules are rules except for when they aren't.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
N
I certainly don't agree with the people who said that, but there were people who viewed Enoch that way outside of the insane BY posters

Note the date stamp on that quote...before this past season started, so it's only based on watching Enoch as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Nope, ppl here thought that in another year, Enoch would be a lottery pick. I wish I were joking. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's hilarious what other boards do you read? I never saw that here once. Remind me of those people so we can hang them?

Reaction Score
Your not helping yourself much by quoting Rothstein...from October 2016...before the season started. Lol.

Even I thought Enoch would be a pro last summer.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I mean I stated clearly in that post that it wasn't me who ever believed he was a lottery pick. Just that for some reason people outside of UConn also believed that

Reaction Score
Good.

Better than stringing the team along for another year.

Bye and NO, I don't wish you luck. You quit on this team, why should fans NOT quit on you. Good riddance. The players that quit before 2014 are probably regretting at least a little...hope he does too. No ill will but also, I refuse to feel anything positive or wish well about this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ollie values upper classmen over the underclassmen.

that's why he played Phil over Brimah and that why he played Brimah/Facey over Enoch.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If he reads the Boneyard, that might've had something to do with his decision. You need to play on both sides of the ball. We need to stop bringing in project big men. When you're a 6'9" man-child and only score 15 pts a game in your senior year in high school (despite being Gatorade Player of the Year), you're not exactly going to dominate against strong D1 competition. Fairfield would be a good fit for him.

Reaction Score
If he reads the Boneyard

He does not read the boneyard. I am sure of that. The BY is filled with a handful of folk that could pass as a decent HS coach or very average D3 team coach but mostly just armchair coaches.

Reaction Score
Benedict

Not sure if I like that. I'd prefer that KO be the one to make the decisions about his staff. What do you think JC would have done if Jeff Hathaway started telling him who to put on his staff?

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 18s 19 seconds ago
Enoch's father said Steven told him that Ollie's guard oriented system is not a good fit. Didn't develop as much as they both hoped.
Well if the team tried to get more scoring from their centers then the offense would have looked even worse than it was and they would have struggled to score 40 points a game.

The guard oriented system wasn't the problem for the centers, it was the lack of skill of the centers. If they had an Emeka Okafor believe me they would have gotten him the ball.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
UGGH- next rumor is Tremont Waters will come here because JTIII will be named as an assistant head coach by KO

Reaction Score
You could put x's on the floor and told the guy to go back on defense and stand there with you arms up and that would be playing better defense than whatever Enoch played this year by quite a bit. Granted Ollie has not killed it with developing big men but having an elementary concept of defense would not have killed Steve....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom