Enoch is transferring | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
Not even Diamond Stone would have taken minutes from Brimah. Ollie cemented him as "the center." Probably would have tried to play them both at the same time.

I think Steve got a bad deal here, but that's just me.
You and I are in the minority here. Brimah has been cemented since the national championship. All I can think of is this and that is Steve was unhappy with his floor time this year and the way he was treated. Maybe he took it personal and thought KO wouldn't stick with him. Once we knew our team was going nowhere he should have gotten a shot with decent minutes to see what he could do, but KO was trying to make the tourney and win a title as crazy as that sounds. I agree with his deficiencies on defense but I've watched Brimah and Facey get taken to school against better competition all year long. The kid has been mishandled and I wish him well. Right now we have Cobb who appears to be a slow moving glacier and Durham who is skinny enough to be blown over in a light breeze. Great 5 situation, huh?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Not knocking Steve Enoch but anyone taking what Enoch is putting out is not thinking this through re saying he is not a fit for the offense and playing time and development. First of all, if he is going on the market, is he supposed to say: I like to shoot the ball, don't care for defense and can be a better rebounder? Of course not, so saying it is the offense/playing time takes the onus off of him. This isn't a total knock on UCONN - it is understandable in today's world of musical transfer chairs. It's also not a knock on Enoch, I hope he goes somewhere and gets what he thinks he deserves.

Secondly, these rumors are out of hand. Vance, Alterique- can we let things play out without speculating?

Finally, Enoch leaving is not a death knell. The reality is at the sit down with KO, Enoch was probably given things to work on and when the staff did not feel comfortable, they got Cobb. I still think we go small next year with Larrier at the 4, 3 guards and 1 big. Or 4 guards and Larrier.

Reaction Score
Alright I agree - sort of an above and beyond post. I'll dial back.

You could say Brimah was an absolute liability on offense, it was hard to watch unless he caught a Daniel Hamilton alley-oop at the rim. His chase down blocks and shot altering were formidable, yes. Enoch was essentially, or on the track to be the opposite player. Good on offense, bad on defense. But how do you get so bad at defense? How does it get that bad without even a slight improvement? You could also argue Brimah's defense never really got better over time.

To me Brimah got all the chances in the world to succeed on offense. But Enoch didn't get those chances to succeed on defense. It was always a missed assignment and a quick hook.

Brimah had a very disappointing senior season. When the ball went into him, it was very likely a turnover or missed hoop. But then he went out the game Nd the opponent went on 10 point runs by attacking the hoop for easy layups.

Reaction Score
Losing Enoch isn't a big deal.
Losing Enoch and having him declare to other big men that UConn is a guards' team and that bigs have nothing to gain from coming here is a big problem.

A staff shakeup was badly needed, and hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

If other big pieces are looking to leave, Ollie is going to be feeling some major heat, and rightfully so.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
@Storrs South highlight video from Enoch's best game as a Husky.

Really wouldn't mind a stand-alone video of the vicious put-back slam at 5:25 in that video.

Thanks for the two years, Steve. Rooting for you in the future.

What I notice about that video is that we're up by 20+ points and Enoch didn't check in until 12:00 to go in the 2nd half. He did have a nice run in the first though, then got his 2nd foul and was yanked.

Reaction Score
Losing Enoch isn't a big deal.
Losing Enoch and having him declare to other big men that UConn is a guards' team and that bigs have nothing to gain from coming here is a big problem.

A staff shakeup was badly needed, and hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

If other big pieces are looking to leave, Ollie is going to be feeling some major heat, and rightfully so.
It seems dark right now but I really think it will be good in the end. We have a serious AD who cares about winning as does our coach. AD has told Ollie how serious he is about winning. We need a shakeup badly and it's happening.

Reaction Score
Those of you (freescooter) saying he lacked the talent ... have no freaking clue on how Bigs develop.

Was he good enough in his sophomore year to play at OUR level ... OUR expectations? Nope. He did not show the capability to have the starting job - even projecting to next year. He SHOULD redshirt. Gonzaga is doing that. Our kids seem to not desire to play that role (Facey could have used that as well ... maybe others ... maybe Durham). But now ... he can go to a decent program and spend a year playing and learning. It is still the same deal: That kid Enoch has to want to be good. Work. I think he can play defense; but we did not see it. Talent? He has it.

Reaction Score
Has Ollie let anyone go before? Firing your first is always tough and you usually keep that first one longer than you should have.

Reaction Score
It seems dark right now but I really think it will be good in the end. We have a serious AD who cares about winning as does our coach. AD has told Ollie how serious he is about winning. We need a shakeup badly and it's happening.
I agree. Im nervous as hell tho

Reaction Score
If you post 75 rumors and 2 are true, are you really worthwhile?

Just my point. The guy says he's having drinks with Andre Drummond and Drummond is actually in Detroit. Chief looks like a fool.

Chief trolls the board constantly talking down to members and offering "expertise". Harmless and funny.

Chief delivers no less than 5 great tips and insights on important stuff regarding the athletic department and all you can do is harp on the above negative. Meanwhile, I think the negative stuff is hilarious and the big tips are awesome.

If you can't appreciate the guy, warts and all, try to have some humility. I don't care if he's an amazing troll or an insecure chest thumper, I like him and his contribution to the board. It's good stuff and at times, comedy gold.

Just be nice to people, nothing to lose.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Gilbert chatter-- I feel like hanging them up completely may be more likely than transferring?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Just my point. The guy says he's having drinks with Andre Drummond and Drummond is actually in Detroit. Chief looks like a fool.

Chief trolls the board constantly talking down to members and offering "expertise". Harmless and funny.

Chief delivers no less than 5 great tips and insights on important stuff regarding the athletic department and all you can do is harp on the above negative. Meanwhile, I think the negative stuff is hilarious and the big tips are awesome.

If you can't appreciate the guy, warts and all, try to have some humility. I don't care if he's an amazing troll or an insecure chest thumper, I like him and his contribution to the board. It's good stuff and at times, comedy gold.

Just be nice to people, nothing to lose.
Zero. Redeeming. Qualities.

Zero.

Reaction Score
There is seriously a paywall on a thread on TOS that the great "oz" has started? As I've stated before, I'm Oz. :rolleyes:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Actually what Ollie said was "best offensive centers." And then said his defense needed to get a lot better to play more. Maybe Enoch wasn't confident his defense would get bettter.

You may be right. If he couldn't improve his defense enough in two full seasons to justify giving him more PT, what's going to magically change between now and next November? If he perceived his ceiling at UCONN as 12 min per game, he decided to bail out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Stevve leaves and all of a sudden the sky is falling. The kid has offensive talents but his defensive skills were horrific, Why? Because he worked hard to be a scorer when young and didn't give two hoots about defense. The last thing you need at this level is a 5 who cant stop anyone or anything. All season 90% of posters complained about his defense and now many of them are lamenting his departure. If he cant defend he dont play. I'm not happy because he is a CT kid but I dont see him improving his D to the point of warranting starting minutes. I assumed to see some of the regular KO bashers to sling blame in that direction and not disappointed. Glen Miller cant make someone play D if the player doesn't want it. I have no idea if any others are leaving but the speculations here amaze me. I think KO has a plan.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 18s 19 seconds ago
Enoch's father said Steven told him that Ollie's guard oriented system is not a good fit. Didn't develop as much as they both hoped.

Gee, fella, maybe if you had learned how to play D without the use of a "Twister" game mat with dots showing you where to stand, you might have worked yourself into the rotation for significant minutes. He better go to a lower level mid major or even low major program if he expects significant PT. The guy sucks as a defender. They might be willing to overlook that at a lower level.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
There is your answer, of course it's not about playing time. Enoch came in raw with tools and two years later is still raw with tools. He cares about his future and wants to make the league. He looks at himself and isn't seeing the development and looks around at other UConn big men and isn't seeing the development.

"...make the league."? What league would that be?

Yeah, I get it. They all think they should be in the NBA. At some point, somebody needs to bring these guys back down to earth. Maybe show him some video of how every time he replaced Brimah in a game it became an uncontested freeway to the basket for layups by the opponents.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Dude don't be an idiot . Alterique is not quitting basketball .
He's had what--3 shoulder surgeries in a couple years? If this one isn't healing up it's not crazy. It'd be more idiotic to sit another year at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom