Enoch is transferring | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
This is the new norm. Players who get limited playing time have people in their ear saying that they are better than they are. Good luck to Steven and I hope he finds what he is looking for. I doubt very much though that this will haunt UConn going forward.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
He got 12 minutes a game on a 6/7 man rotation. If he was good enough to play, he would have gotten more than 12 minutes this year.
Brimah had alot to do with that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Huh? He would have gotten it next year.

Maybe not.

If someone shows they can grasp defensive fundamentals better than he does, they play over him. Seeing what he did on that front over 2 seasons doesnt make it a reach that Durham, Cobb or even a frosh will possibly be further along defensively next year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We had two post players this year. I'm sure Ollie would have loved to rest Facey or Brimah. Those guys aren't world beaters. If he was good enough he would have gotten more than 12 minutes.

Yup.

Especially since One or the Other or BOTH were in perpetual foul trouble all season

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just need Jalen, Alterique, Vital, Jackson and Larrier to stay. Please.
The only reason I can see any of them leaving is that Vital will get pushed out of the rotation because he promised MAL playing time.

Reaction Score
You're right about that.

Hinting is as bad as outright speculating, especially when you're naming positions and player importance.

Yea. We literally return 3 guards. I assume he wouldn't mention a "top" guard if he was the worst of the 3. And it's hard to imagine a kid transferring out after sitting out a season. Yikes.

Reaction Score
I have no specific insight into SE's case specifically, but when considering what I have heard from DHam and Lubin's reasons for leaving, I don't feel great about this.

It's more than "just 1 kid transferring". This is a local CT kid who said he always wanted to play at UConn, going into his junior year with the 5 spot wide open, with major emphasis on the "wide open" part. Transfers like this just don't make sense unless players are unhappy or worried about their future's as basketball players. Either way it's not a good look.

Can you elaborate on that?

As far as I could tell, D-Ham left because college wasn't for him, and Lubin wasn't good enough to play here. Was there more to it? If so, can you explain what you mean.

I'm pretty concerned about all of this. Our program has zero stability right now. Every year since 2012 basically, I feel like we just keep having to reactively throw band aids over all of these various issues.

Count me in the camp for a coaching shake-up. I took a lot of heat over it in the past, but I've been calling for Glen Miller's head for years now. I'm no insider, but it doesn't seem like he adds anything to the staff. Never hear any recruits mention him. Our big men stink. Time to move on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
lol @ the folks responding to the tweet saying he wasn't being utilized properly.

Yah, if you prefer an even worse product than we put on the floor last year, he wasn't.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Yea. We literally return 3 guards. I assume he wouldn't mention a "top" guard if he was the worst of the 3. And it's hard to imagine a kid transferring out after sitting out a season. Yikes.
So, Jalen?

Reaction Score
"Steve will be one of the best centers ever in UConn history."

A week later KO signs a JUCO big because "we have a rebounding problem."

How is this confusing to people? The writing was on the wall.

You're wrong. Ollie said he would be the best big man OFFENSIVE player. Ollie openly said Enoch needed to work on his defense.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised. He really wasn't that good to begin with and like a few guys - his talent was completely mis-evaluated by this staff. They've got huge holes to fill and frankly - I dunno. If they get whacked with 2-3 big transfers this year, they're cooked for the forseeable future as a contender. That's just the reality.

Again - hate being the jerk here, but It's like watching UMass on total repeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom