Enjoy Hawkins while you can! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enjoy Hawkins while you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His quick release is what is most impressive. Look away for half a second and splash.
This is exactly what happened to me. It was a fast break where Joey C passed to Hawkins and he immediately pulled up and splashed a three.

I looked at my other screen for maybe 1 second and I missed nearly the entire play

Reaction Score
Donny comes up with some weird stuff in games including talking about people's hair and the banks being closed in Storrs.
Yeah, but he's funny as hell. He's "out there" but not in an obnoxious way, weird stuff but funny. And insightful - his commentary on Sanogo falling away instead of drawing contact, people taking the unnecessary extra dribble, etc., I think he's a real bonus. Glad he's there.

Reaction Score
Hawkins had a nice game and it was good to have him back no doubt. But I didn’t see anything that screamed high 1st rounder. I mean his handle may be a little better not noticeably though. Kid screams talent but we will have him through ‘23-‘24.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Hawkins had a nice game and it was good to have him back no doubt. But I didn’t see anything that screamed high 1st rounder. I mean his handle may be a little better not noticeably though. Kid screams talent but we will have him through ‘23-‘24.
Respectfully disagree. Teams love wings with good size/athleticism that shoot well from 3 & defend at a high level. He showed that last night & if it continues throughout the year, he’ll likely be gone after this season.

Reaction Score
Handle has improved still a work in progress. Ball handling skills are better and will improve throughout the season. We really need him to stay injury free also. I believe he's gone after this season but not a sure thing. Beautiful to see when he's in rhythm.

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. Teams love wings with good size/athleticism that shoot well from 3 & defend at a high level. He showed that last night & if it continues throughout the year, he’ll likely be gone after this season.

Hope for his sake you’re correct. Don’t see it needs to tighten the handle, get to the hole better in the half court set. Maybe low 1st rounder since his game is best in transition so the NBA may be a good fit. Not yet though but if he turns into what you believe good for us.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins is nasty! Enjoy him while you can as long as he stays healthy. He could be gone this year. I know the competition wasn't great but his game is definitely more refined. I was really impressed with his D and his tighter dribble. Him and Jackson's defense really changed the game.
He‘s to scrawny, needs to put on some weight/muscle. If he makes it to the NBA he will be playing against men, and he still looks like a high school kid. He will get drafted, for sure. Will he be successful in the NBA? Who knows.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hope for his sake you’re correct. Don’t see it needs to tighten the handle, get to the hole better in the half court set. Maybe low 1st rounder since his game is best in transition so the NBA may be a good fit. Not yet though but if he turns into what you believe good for us.
He’s not a lottery guy in my opinion. He does need to get to the rim and rebound. But he probably projects well enough to be a late first round pick and has near ideal size. Could still get a bit stronger.

Reaction Score
He’s not a lottery guy in my opinion. He does need to get to the rim and rebound. But he probably projects well enough to be a late first round pick and has near ideal size. Could still get a bit stronger.

I meant late first rounder not “low” so I agree spot on.

Reaction Score
I’ve had a Cheshire Cat grin on my face since he, AJ, and the rest of the team kicked it into overdrive halfway thru the 1st half.
Great to see Action Jackson and The Hawk on the floor. Awesome to see them gel with the team last night and get some game time action in last night. Another tuneup game tomorrow night, more time for the team to gel and then off to PK. I didn’t see a lot of players throwing up junk last night trying to “get theirs”. Play as a team, win as a team.

Reaction Score
NBA has been drafting on potential lately. I can see him going next year. Selfishly I hope he stays one more year

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We still need to see what he can do when things aren't hitting on all cylinders .

Reaction Score
He‘s to scrawny, needs to put on some weight/muscle. If he makes it to the NBA he will be playing against men, and he still looks like a high school kid. He will get drafted, for sure. Will he be successful in the NBA? Who knows.
The same was said about Richard Hamilton and he turned out alright. It isn't football and with the NBA more spread out and not allowing as much hands on as college you can get away with being slim. KD was slim when he got in the league and was successful from the start. It isn't like Hawkins doesn't have muscle definition.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins is nasty! Enjoy him while you can as long as he stays healthy. He could be gone this year. I know the competition wasn't great but his game is definitely more refined. I was really impressed with his D and his tighter dribble. Him and Jackson's defense really changed the game.
thumbs down only because you are raining on the parade. Too early for reality check imho. 3 years and we just might have Ripish, Ben and dare I say Walter Ray.....

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
He was money last night, that was the first time I think we've really seen what he can do - looking forward to how he translates that to the tougher matchups. I'm definitely not an expert but it seemed like his D was pretty good too.

I definitely hope he stays on but if his season flies so will he and I know in the long run that's good for everyone.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s great to see what he can do when he doesn’t get pulled after mistakes. He made some of the same mistakes in this game as he did last year but with the chance to play through them, he was able to show why you let him do that.

I still think he’ll be a lottery pick next year imo. He’s an athletic 2 who’s long and can shoot. The NBA isn’t going to be worried about having to develop a guys handle.

He can also pass some as well too and move without the ball. Would like to see him play with DC more since he can find him on those backdoor cuts he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom