Enjoy Hawkins while you can! | The Boneyard

Enjoy Hawkins while you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins is nasty! Enjoy him while you can as long as he stays healthy. He could be gone this year. I know the competition wasn't great but his game is definitely more refined. I was really impressed with his D and his tighter dribble. Him and Jackson's defense really changed the game.

Reaction Score
His quick release is what is most impressive. Look away for half a second and splash.
He definitely has more Ray Allen in his game than Jeremy Lamb or Donyell Marshall that Donny compared him to in one game. Donny comes up with some weird stuff in games including talking about people's hair and the banks being closed in Storrs.

Reaction Score
We've got a few guys who shoot quick. Hawkins, Karaban, Alleyne and Joey C all shoot pretty quick
Yeah it is nice to have some shooters on this team for a change. Makes a huge difference with ball movement and allows us to play with no true PG at times though Newton is looking more solid each game driving.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins is nasty! Enjoy him while you can as long as he stays healthy. He could be gone this year. I know the competition wasn't great but his game is definitely more refined. I was really impressed with his D and his tighter dribble. Him and Jackson's defense really changed the game.
His handle is still shaky but lets see. I will say this If his defense is anywhere near Ajaxs` good and matching his intensity Hawkins/Ajax are going to terrorize the BE and kill teams on the break. One mistake and its two the other way.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he's gonna be really good for us this year. Glad that early missed dunk didn't get into his head. And it does look like he has improved his handle a lot, compared to last year.
He definitely has more Ray Allen in his game than Jeremy Lamb or Donyell Marshall that Donny compared him to in one game. Donny comes up with some weird stuff in games including talking about people's hair and the banks being closed in Storrs.
Agree that he has more Ray in his game than Donny's comparison, which was a combo of Jeremy Lamb and Rudy Gay lol. Truly a strange comparison imo.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Oh, okay.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he's gonna be really good for us this year. Glad that early missed dunk didn't get into his head. And it does look like he has improved his handle a lot, compared to last year.

Agree that he has more Ray in his game than Donny's comparison, which was a combo of Jeremy Lamb and Rudy Gay lol. Truly a strange comparison imo.
Yep you are right Rudy Gay. It was such a strange comparison that it blew my mind.

Reaction Score
You’re kidding right? Jordan looked much more confident with the ball Imo

He called Hawkins our Polley replacement in another thread.
This is a poster who is actively and publicly rooting against Hawkins making the NBA, I'm just shocked he even complimented his shooting before knocking him

Reaction Score
You’re kidding right? Jordan looked much more confident with the ball Imo

He lost control driving baseline in the 1H, luckily recovered and scored. He has a breakaway in the 2H and turned it over (same play we saw 10x last season) and the missed dunk in the first was bleh. He’s great at catch and shooting but he still has issues dribbling from what I saw.

Reaction Score
This is a poster who is actively and publicly rooting against Hawkins making the NBA, I'm just shocked he even complimented his shooting before knocking him

I’m not rooting against him just commenting on what I see. Did you see better dribbling skills tonight? We watched the same game.

Reaction Score
I’m not rooting against him just commenting on what I see. Did you see better dribbling skills tonight? We watched the same game.

Could've fooled me. And yes I did see better dribbling skills tonight

Nope, I saw him listed in a 2023 mock since that’s the topic of conversation. I felt it was outrageous to have him predicted to go to the NBA by the end of next season. HuskyB immediately wanted to wager on it which im happy to do. I do not think he will be drafted next season as they mock suggests.

They lost credibility. 2023 is after his Sophomore season. It's not realistic. I'm not back pedaling. If you're so confident in the initial mock draft and think its accurate put your money where your mouth is and bet me that he will be drafted in 2023.

Hawkins being listed as a first round pick is proof these draft sites have no idea what they are doing

I know it's not a popular opinion around here but let's be real. He struggled dribbling and struggled with court awareness. Draft.net has Caleb Love at 30 for 2022 but Hawkins for 20 in 2023? Come on. This is more on NBADraft.net. Hawkins could potentially earn his way into the NBA first round but i'd like to see him earn his way into our closing lineup first.

Good thing we have future NBA lottery pick Jordan Hawkins to take on more of a scoring and leadership role while Andre is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom