Earth to Jalen. Come in Jalen. You out there? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Earth to Jalen. Come in Jalen. You out there?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The first time he had the ball he tripped over the 3-point line for crying out loud. He wasn't in to it. Hurley did the right thing.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
The first time he had the ball he tripped over the 3-point line for crying out loud. He wasn't in to it. Hurley did the right thing.

And then laid there and whined about it. I was screaming at the tv.

Reaction Score
Baffling. Not many games left in his UConn career and he wasted this one.

Young guys showed up, glad Hurley let them play.
they love to bash
if JA did as some beatwriter said, he deserved to sit. I sit 10 rows behind the bench and didn't hear the exchange- and Dan Hurley is loud but can't say it didn't take place
JA isn't Bazz or Kemba and doesn't have anywhere near the supporting cast to take some of the pressure off him- today he had 2 guys on him everytime he touched the ball,
But that doesn't excuse an attitude with the coach- if true its inexcusable
Dan Hurley needs to learn to make adjustments much sooner
Why don’t you offer your coaching services to UConn since you obviously think you’re a better coach than Hurley. Maybe you could offer to teach Dan how to make adjustments much sooner. By the way where was it that you got your coaching experience. Just sayin... most of you guys weren’t this critical of KO while he sat of the bench for 2 hours during games making pouting faces ... and no adjustments whatsoever.

Reaction Score
they love to bash
if JA did as some beatwriter said, he deserved to sit. I sit 10 rows behind the bench and didn't hear the exchange- and Dan Hurley is loud but can't say it didn't take place
JA isn't Bazz or Kemba and doesn't have anywhere near the supporting cast to take some of the pressure off him- today he had 2 guys on him everytime he touched the ball,

Just to be very clear, the exchange went down exactly as Borges said. Two things can both be true: Jalen has contributed more to our wins than anyone the last three years, and he was out of line today and deserved to be benched.

Reaction Score
Not baffling in the slighest. We have 4 years of evidence of who this guy is.
I'm tired of his clown act, I can't wait till he finishes out this season, the team will be better for it. Four years of bending over hanging onto your shorts is not going to open many pro doors for you, or sit well with the current head coach.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I try not the think about it lol. I get too excited. Carlton has really impressed me as of late
Really would love Carlton to develop a face up game. A nice jumper/off glass

Reaction Score

He falls while dribbling the ball more than anyone I’ve ever seen. I don’t think it’s about his concentration. Maybe he leans forward too much? I have no idea. It’s inexplicable like the Rodney stepping out of bounds thing

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope today made an impression on him. I hope he gets his mind right and leaves every bit of his considerable ability on the floor every night for the remainder of his college career. These days are short Jalen and you will never get them back. Play your heart out and you won't look back with regret.

Reaction Score
I get no joy from what Jalen did. He is a terrific basketball player. Today, he turned his back to the coach during a game. He has to know better. Hurley had to sit him.

He has brought much of the criticism on himself. He started last season running away from his scooter accident. He has a self-destructive streak that has to be brought under control. And it's darn late, halfway through your senior season, to have to figure this out.
My point to you is this. If he's who he is, there is nothing we can do! I think it's everyone's problem that wants him to be who he is not! No Shabazz, Kemba, Ben, etc.. he is the best we have. but unfortunately not what wed hope

Reaction Score
It was never about his talent, which is immense. It was always about his head and motor, which are maddeningly inconsistent. I’ve got teens so I get it, but he’s getting old for it to still be this way.
He is who he is. Unfortunately he's not what we had hope he or Uconn would be at this point. But he is still our best player on this team

Reaction Score
My question is, would he have benched him against UCF? How many games has he started out slow, then turns it on the second half. It just so happens he did this against, oh well, *yawn* ECU. And it just so happens he basically empties the bench a good part of the second half. Hurley used this a tool to observe his lacking minutes player. This team is not bad at all. Don't rule out a good AAC tournament run. I don't think we will be seeing any more antics by JA and with Hurley. Maybe they both need to grow up. Next game is Temple. Let us see if he sits then. Hurley's comments of "i would of lost by 18 and not put him back in" Something like that.
Oh really? Who would get the credit for that loss. I think those words made public might piss off a player rather being constructed.
Well said. (Claps hands)

Reaction Score
they love to bash
You are wise!!!!

Reaction Score
My question is, would he have benched him against UCF? How many games has he started out slow, then turns it on the second half. It just so happens he did this against, oh well, *yawn* ECU. And it just so happens he basically empties the bench a good part of the second half. Hurley used this a tool to observe his lacking minutes player. This team is not bad at all. Don't rule out a good AAC tournament run. I don't think we will be seeing any more antics by JA and with Hurley. Maybe they both need to grow up. Next game is Temple. Let us see if he sits then. Hurley's comments of "i would of lost by 18 and not put him back in" Something like that.
Oh really? Who would get the credit for that loss. I think those words made public might piss off a player rather being constructed.

So what? What better time to do this than in a conference game that you know you’re winning either way?

Reaction Score
I love it! Hurley sending Jalen a message. The question is...will he get it? He is probably thinking about the super bowl.
Its funny because im gauging that many here even if they dont say it are pretty fed up with Jalen and seem to finally be coming to the realization that hes never going to be what we thought he was. Ive made a couple of comments recently about him basically saying hes overrated and not an NBA player and in the past id have gotten some criticism but it was total crickets. Ive been very disappointed in JAs career here and im apparantly not the only one. That being said im also not going to put all the blame on JA.

C

Chief00

I hope today made an impression on him. I hope he gets his mind right and leaves every bit of his considerable ability on the floor every night for the remainder of his college career. These days are short Jalen and you will never get them back. Play your heart out and you won't look back with regret.

Good advice. In particular, he needs to do some soul searching about his day game execution vs. how he prepares starting 24 hours out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom