Early Signing Period Updates- 11/13 to 11/20 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Early Signing Period Updates- 11/13 to 11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
And to piggyback on Peacefrog's point, imagine if we had landed Quentin Snider? Based on what happened with him yesterday and today, it seems that he was going to end up at Lousiville no matter what. He would have decommitted from UConn, and we would probably have lost out on Cassell, too. I feel bad for Illinois, especially with Alexander probably announcing for Kansas later on today.

It seems that everything works out for UConn in the end when recruits choose different schools. Had Snider committed, fans would have been ecstatic, and once he decommitted, fans would turn into chicken little. I'm sure we will see other recruits from the 2014 class that will compare to some missed recruits in 2013 - similar to XRM, Jordan Bell & Brandon Austin.

It's a wise rule to not get too hyped until a kid signs and arrives on campus.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's a wise rule to not get too hyped until a kid signs and arrives on campus.

And maybe actually plays in a game?

I'm still pissed that we got stuck with AB. I mean, come on. The guy wasn't a top 100 recruit.

This is really looking like the biggest failure of the UCONN BB staff since they whiffed on Isaiah Fox. That loss set the program back years.

caw

Reaction Score
And maybe actually plays in a game?

I'm still pissed that we got stuck with AB. I mean, come on. The guy wasn't a top 100 recruit.

This is really looking like the biggest failure of the UCONN BB staff since they whiffed on Isaiah Fox. That loss set the program back years.

Try top 225

Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned a little that 3uconn can't get whiff of what DHam is thinking....after all the kid is good in doing so when the answers are out there!!:oops:

caw

Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned a little that 3uconn can't get whiff of what DHam is thinking....after all the kid is good in doing so when the answers are out there!!:oops:

Nobody can. There is nothing out there aside from that one article. Anyone making predictions is doing it based on the fact he hasn't signed yet. Zero new info aside from that. There is nobody saying they have heard he is going to flip elsewhere, all speculation. Admittedly it would be nice if he did sign, though people would still speculate until he's midway through his 15th or so game at UConn.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think he's waiting for the spring signing period, in order to see what kind of buzz our program gets this season? Perhaps he recognizes, like we do, that this season is a tremendous tipping point.

It's understandable if he doesn't want to hitch his wagon to a program that's going to get him little visibility and harm his NBA draft stock.

Reaction Score
Nobody can. There is nothing out there aside from that one article. Anyone making predictions is doing it based on the fact he hasn't signed yet. Zero new info aside from that. There is nobody saying they have heard he is going to flip elsewhere, all speculation. Admittedly it would be nice if he did sign, though people would still speculate until he's midway through his 15th or so game at UConn.

The thing that caught my eye is when an analyst like Daniels says no one thinks he's going to end up at UConn.

Reaction Score
The thing that caught my eye is when an analyst like Daniels says no one thinks he's going to end up at UConn.
What he said can be interpreted differently. Said no one thinks he will sign with UConn, instead if not ending up at UConn. Could mean no one thinks he will sign the LOI.

Reaction Score
Both of these issues: (1) retaining our only marquee recruit over the previous 3 years, and (2) performing to our status as a national power in 2013-14 have tremendous implications for our place in the college basketball landscape going forward, especially vis a vis recruiting.

I can easily envision a scenario where Hamilton bails, we have a decent-but-not-great season (say 3rd in the AAC, #5 seed, 2nd round exit), and get zero buzz or positive press. This signals to future recruits that UConn is no longer a destination for top talent looking to market themselves for the NBA.

Conversely, if Hamilton remains solid, we get to the Final Four, and generally look the part of a blue blood, Ollie should have no trouble attracting studs in the class of 2015 in beyond.

In college basketball, success breeds success, and our current situation seriously magnifies that effect.

Maybe I'm crazy but being a 5 seed means the team is thought to be ranked between 17 and 20. Not so bad in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think he's waiting for the spring signing period, in order to see what kind of buzz our program gets this season? Perhaps he recognizes, like we do, that this season is a tremendous tipping point.

It's understandable if he doesn't want to hitch his wagon to a program that's going to get him little visibility and harm his NBA draft stock.

He committed to UConn coming off a postseason ban when nobody talked about UConn at all. The fact that he hasn't signed an LOI and might not sign one is because his family just saw that it makes absolutely ZERO sense to sign one when you are a top recruit. I don't understand why there's any suprise and handringing over what's going on.

Reaction Score
I'm not concerned at all about losing Hamilton. A couple days ago I was but my confidence in getting him has since been restored. He should end up in a UConn jersey.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not concerned at all about losing Hamilton. A couple days ago I was but my confidence in getting him has since been restored. He should end up in a UConn jersey.
Care to elaborate or are you sworn to secrecy?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he's a firm commit, he signs a letter of intent. If he's not, he doesn't.

We'll find out.

Reaction Score
Like many have said Hamilton may never sign an LOI. Many people believe they are unfair to recruits, see Isaac Hamilton's problem, because they are very on sided. It's a major benefit to the school but nothing much for the recruit. The school never has to release a recruit after signing it, see Isaac Hamilton and Devonte Graham.

What Daniel may do is sign a scholarship paper/form. This will allow him to come to UConn and play basketball for free as well. However, he can decide at anytime to not come to UConn. He doesn't have to be released by UConn so he could technically ditch UConn the day before he gets on campus and go play elsewhere.

With that being said everything is all rumor. Last I heard, from a very good source, was he was all UConn. Could he be wavering, yes, but I don't think he is. Can you blame him for not wanting to ever have to be in the same position as his brother?

Reaction Score
With that being said everything is all rumor. Last I heard, from a very good source, was he was all UConn. Could he be wavering, yes, but I don't think he is. Can you blame him for not wanting to ever have to be in the same position as his brother?

There's a world of difference between UTEP and UConn however. I wouldn't sign up for anything having to do with Floyd.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he signs a grant in aid, he's basically a recruitable player - and he'll be recruited, especially come spring when transfers and the NBA take their tax.

UConn would not be able to bank on him until he's in a dorm room next summer.

A letter of intent basically ends it.

caw

Reaction Score
Had to get Selby
Had to get Joseph
Had to get Knight
Got Shabazz
Still winning lots
That was plan D or lower
We'll be fine

Kind of, Napier would have been an A or B recruit if he hadn't reclassified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom