Early Signing Period Updates- 11/13 to 11/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Early Signing Period Updates- 11/13 to 11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lubin's AAU coach told me that he won't sign today. Most likely tomorrow.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Lubin's AAU coach told me that he won't sign today. Most likely tomorrow.
I apologize if someone already asked you this....(i haven't read the whole thread) have you been in touch with Hamilton?

Reaction Score
HoopSeen‏@hoopseen
#UConn will sign #Buford big man Rakim Lubin this week. Move-in from Alabama is high on must-see in-game list. pic.twitter.com/gmqVOM0LVe

BY_kRAqCIAAxLTa.png:large

Reaction Score
I apologize if someone already asked you this....(i haven't read the whole thread) have you been in touch with Hamilton?
I've tried with no result yet.

Reaction Score
Ollie wouldn't hold him to an LOI if he asked out of it. Would only be negative PR for him in a world where everyone viciously attacks coaches who try to teach young men a lesson that they should honor their commitments. Could be fatal blow to a young coach and stain on a program that seems to be fighting for its reputation every few years. On the flip side, convince him to sign that LOI and if he tries to back out you allow it and bask in positive PR sunlight as a hero. Might get you a pity commit from a 5* who sees playing time open up.

On the other hand, it would already be pretty bad PR and a nail in the coffin of our reputation to have our only 5* recruit in 3 years declare that we're not an appropriate landing spot for someone of his talents.

Reaction Score
@ebosshoops: Also no news yet on when Daniel Hamilton will sign with UConn.

Reaction Score
@ebosshoops: Also no news yet on when Daniel Hamilton will sign with UConn.
Evan Daniels, in reply to that tweet:

@EvanDanielsFOX: @ebosshoops I don't think anyone actually expects him to sign with UCon

Reaction Score
@EvanDanielsFOX: @ebosshoops I don't think anyone actually expects him to sign with UCon

Reaction Score

Say what?

What the heck is going on?

They should have stuck with Devin Robinson if any of this is true.

It's beyond crazy that Jerry Meyers, Evan Daniels and yes the Goober are so absolutely certain he is not coming to UConn.

You can bet they are hearing this stuff from a good source.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming he means sign a letter of intent and not that their is little chance he comes here.

Reaction Score
The family just had a horrible expierence with letters of intent lets hope he remains a verbal and signs in the spring.

Reaction Score
Say what?

It's beyond crazy that Jerry Meyers, Evan Daniels and yes the Goober are so absolutely certain he is not coming to UConn.

Seriously, a lot of smoke here...

Reaction Score
The family just had a horrible expierence with letters of intent lets hope he remains a verbal and signs in the spring.

The experience they had was all due to Isaac's decision to sign with UTEP. I'm sure if he had verballed with Arizona or Washington or Oregon or originally UCLA, they'd have no problem signing at all.

Reaction Score
After what his family went through I'm not sure why you are guys are suprised that there might be some reservations with him signing an LOI. While I would feel alot more confident if he signed it, it would make no sense for him to string KO along this long if he didn't want to come here, or fly all the way across the country to see the team play and then come back to campus, or for KO and the staff to not go hard after other wings besides Larrier, if Hamilton wasn't coming here.

Last edited:
Reactions: caw

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Say what?

FWIW, Jerry Meyer's prediction of UCLA mysteriously vanished from the crystal ball a couple weeks back (so much for transparency at 247sports...), however, some dude named Bodie DeSilva grabbed the torch today and made a prediction for UCLA.

Based on DHam's recent twitter feed (in addition to the unofficial trip to Brooklyn and Storrs) I'd think he's still solidly committed to UConn and might be avoiding a LOI right now based on his brother's situation, as many others on this board have said. Until anything otherwise comes out (other than random bloggers saying "I really don't think he'll end up at UConn...just because...blah...blah") I'll assume he's still committed to UConn.

caw

Reaction Score
FWIW, Jerry Meyer's prediction of UCLA mysteriously vanished from the crystal ball a couple weeks back (so much for transparency at 247sports...), however, some dude named Bodie DeSilva grabbed the torch today and made a prediction for UCLA.

Based on DHam's recent twitter feed (in addition to the unofficial trip to Brooklyn and Storrs) I'd think he's still solidly committed to UConn and might be avoiding a LOI right now based on his brother's situation, as many others on this board have said. Until anything otherwise comes out (other than random bloggers saying "I really don't think he'll end up at UConn...just because...blah...blah") I'll assume he's still committed to UConn.

That makes sense to me. I could see him going elsewhere but I don't think any public or private information suggests it at this moment.

Reaction Score
Every day he doesn't sign makes me more and more worried Daniel Hamilton will never make it to UConn. He can say all he wants that he loves his UConn fam on Twitter, but actions speak louder than words and he has yet to sign a LOI which means that he is not 100%. I hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom