OT: - Draymond Punches Jordan Poole | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Punches Jordan Poole

Reaction Score
I hear ya Chin but from what I see the initiation was Green by actually getting right in his face, more than likely spitting on him. Just can’t expect anyone not to get pushed away when they come at you like that. This is all on the punk Green.

Seriously. Exactly what are you supposed to do when someone is screaming 1/4 in from your face. Go have tea together? A shove is a reasonable thing to expect.

Reaction Score
1665260113334.png

Reaction Score
Did you not watch the video embedded in this thread describing the MJ and Steve Kerr fight? Maybe even go the extra step and watch the Last Dance episode where Kerr is on record talking about him and MJ throwing punches in practice?

How dishonest to yourself do you have to be to believe that one person yelling at another may lead to a push and a push may lead to a punch?
I think you are giving Draymond a pass because Poole pushed him away. That’s because Green got up in his face and tried to intimidate him. I could see Green pushing him back, but leveling him was over the top. This isn’t a playground game of 9th and 10th graders. These are pros with the full staff present. There has to be an expectation of decency and respect. Poole pushed him because Draymond had already crossed a professional line. Also, this wasn’t a heat of competition situation. This is Draymond finding 10 seconds of free time and deciding to use it by harassing Poole. He’s a punk and he should pay for it.

Reaction Score
Serious question here for either side of this "debate". Is there a better quality video, with actual sound? One where we can hear what the participants are actually saying? Seems like the Draymond haters have their agenda, but who's to say that Jordan isn't a mouthpiece that doesn't know when to shut up? Hopefully, whichever one is truly in the wrong here will get what they deserve...if they haven't already.

Reaction Score
Serious question here for either side of this "debate". Is there a better quality video, with actual sound? One where we can hear what the participants are actually saying? Seems like the Draymond haters have their agenda, but who's to say that Jordan isn't a mouthpiece that doesn't know when to shut up? Hopefully, whichever one is truly in the wrong here will get what they deserve...if they haven't already.
Seems like you’re a full on Draymond apologist.

The guy has an extensive history of being an absolute a**hat.

Reaction Score
Seems like you’re a full on Draymond apologist.

The guy has an extensive history of being an absolute a**hat.
I ask a serious question and you make an assumption. Obviously you can’t get over your thoughts on Draymond. If you feel like you can actually answer my question...feel free. If not, don't waste keystrokes.

Reaction Score
Both are wrong. Draymond is more wrong. The days of being able to hit anyone for anything than protecting yourself from real harm are over. There’s no debating it. Doesn’t matter is it’s sports or office of construction site.
People still get in fights, people get in fights all the time. This whole, the days of fights/throwing punches/bad behavior are over because we're an elevated society now are so outlandish, yet I keep hearing people say it.

Bad behavior and not paying for the consequences of bad behavior seems to be at an all-time high from what I've seen.

Reaction Score
So because it's happened before, like 30 years ago no less, makes it something a player should expect? And acceptable? I'm sure there are skirmishes in practice a lot. But 99.9999% of the time it doesn't lead to something like that. I'm not even sure where you're coming from with this.
Listen to guys in sports and the people who cover them, this stuff happens all the time currently. We only really hear about it if there's tape like this or a player gets seriously hurt. Jordan Poole was perfectly fine physically after the punch and was back on the court practicing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You conveniently left out details of Poole initiating the contact with push and in the same sentence use the phrase "intellectually dishonest". Really. You did that. Thanks for defining the word self-own.

It kind of seems like you’re being deliberately obtuse, but assuming you’re not, let me take a shot at explaining it to you. You don’t have a right of self defense merely because you are offended. You understand that right? Poole had walked away and Greene sought him out to hit him. That is not self-defense.

Did that help?

Reaction Score
Well, Draymond was protecting himself. Poole pushed him first.

C’mon, you don’t really think he was protecting himself. Poole wasn’t coming at him in the slightest and he threw a flimsy little Superman punch from like 6 feet away from a guy whose hands weren’t up, who wasn’t even paying attention to him. He wasn’t in any danger for which he needed protection.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Your take is wrong, as usual. It was reasonable for Poole to push him when he got in his face. The punch was bull shitt. He doesn’t get a pass bc he’s a bball player. He was wrong and he’s lucky not to get arrested fined benched and sued.
Arrested fined and sued? I assume you said the same thing about Bobby Portis punching his teammate and getting suspended for 8 games… or you missed that one?

The NBA isn’t an office job but continue to tell me why the punch was bs. It’s more likely draymond and Poole get on a podcast together than draymond gets arrested and sued.

polycom

Reaction Score
It’s funny that Bobby Portis breaking his teammates jaw in practice went mentioned at all in this thread. He didn’t get arrested or sued or whatever nonsense people are suggesting.

Reaction Score
It’s funny that Bobby Portis breaking his teammates jaw in practice went mentioned at all in this thread. He didn’t get arrested or sued or whatever nonsense people are suggesting.
Without video we'll never know the exact nature of the events but from this description Mirotic was described as the aggressor.

polycom

Reaction Score
Without video we'll never know the exact nature of the events but from this description Mirotic was described as the aggressor.

So then why was wasn’t mirotic arrested and/or sued and fined like you suggested for draymond?

Reaction Score
That's funny, my freshman year roommate broke a bottle over my head in a drunken stupor and tried to stab me with it. I called him a few weeks ago to get a recommendation for an expert witness.
THAT explains it

Reaction Score
So then why was wasn’t mirotic arrested and/or sued and fined like you suggested for draymond?
Where did I suggest that Draymond be arrested and/or sued? Are you well?

polycom

Reaction Score
Where did I suggest that Draymond be arrested and/or sued? Are you well?
I didn’t say you did but others face said as much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom