OT: - Draymond Punches Jordan Poole | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Punches Jordan Poole

Reaction Score
DG is no dirtier than 75% of the players in the league
I have great respect for his passion and drive on the court
as HC Kerr has said, it was something that went a step too far but they are keeping it in house
next....................
You can’t be serious.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I think the issue with people’s assessment of the situation has to go to demographics and upbringing.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I think the issue with people’s assessment of the situation has to go to demographics and upbringing.

I see where you're headed here and want to pump the breaks a bit.

This was assault, it was ugly and brutal and could have killed Jordan Poole. But right or wrong, that happens every day amongst young, old and even older men. Not condoning it but I've been on both sides of a punch like that and it didn't have s^t to do with my upbringing or demographics.

The issue here is there is video of the assault. I don't care either way that it was leaked. The fact that a camera caught it makes it news and amplifies how dangerous blowups like that can be to the general public. Never been a fan of Draymond's persona, he's lucky he didn't kill the kid.

polycom

Reaction Score

This was assault, it was ugly and brutal and could have killed Jordan Poole. But right or wrong, that happens every day amongst young, old and even older men. Not condoning it but I've been on both sides of a punch like that and it didn't have s^t to do with my upbringing or demographics.

The issue here is there is video of the assault. I don't care either way that it was leaked. The fact that a camera caught it makes it news and amplifies how dangerous blowups like that can be to the general public. Never been a fan of Draymond's persona, he's lucky he didn't kill the kid.

So you’re saying draynond committed a crime… because assault is a crime. If he committed a crime shouldn’t be arrested, and charged with said crime…?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
So, you know exactly what went on between the 2 of them? Things that were said, things that led to Draymond's actions? You assume that I am excusing bad actions. Share something other than your weak opinion. Try reading and comprehending the post you replied to.

weak opinion, maybe but still stronger than a weak excuse for defending violence. what was said or happened doesn't matter, what matters is how vicious he launched into that punch. I didn't claim you were excusing his action but it does seem like you are trying to defend it based on unknown circumstances. Would he have shot him if he was armed, judging by the intent of that punch he would have if he did maybe not. You know as little as I do and you are pretending you are better equipped to judge than myself or others which you are not, all we have is a video with no audio but if you can't see how deliberate his actions are you aren't looking hard enough.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
So, you know exactly what went on between the 2 of them? Things that were said, things that led to Draymond's actions? You assume that I am excusing bad actions. Share something other than your weak opinion. Try reading and comprehending the post you replied to.
sorry for the last post, I should have had coffee before replying & didn't intend to offend. What I meant to say was there is no justification for his actions regardless of words exchanged & you post appeared to try to justify it.
I always appreciate your significant contributions here and am not trying to insult & want to make clear this is no attack on you.

Reaction Score
Never thought I could hate Draymond more than I did, then he goes and does this. Guy is such a scumbag.

And they said he wouldn't be suspended. What a joke.
And people wonder why no one watches or cares about the NBA anymore. Imagine if a Yankee batter strikes out for the third out and walks up to the pitcher, words are exchanged, and a punch is thrown like the one Draymond threw. A punch like that could kill someone.

Reaction Score
And people wonder why no one watches or cares about the NBA anymore. Imagine if a Yankee batter strikes out for the third out and walks up to the pitcher, words are exchanged, and a punch is thrown like the one Draymond threw. A punch like that could kill someone.
No one watches or cares anymore yet the salaries are astronomical and only going up. How do people get paid from a sport that no one watches? Do you guys really think before you hit post on some of this stuff?

Reaction Score
Lol, yeah baseball is certainly what other sports should be modeling themselves after.

Reaction Score

I think it looked way worse to many people than it was. Poole was perfectly fine physically right after it happened and practiced the rest of the day.

Some people do seem really sheltered or oblivious to violence though, fatlucy doesn't think people punch/fight other people anymore.

Reaction Score
weak opinion, maybe but still stronger than a weak excuse for defending violence. what was said or happened doesn't matter, what matters is how vicious he launched into that punch. I didn't claim you were excusing his action but it does seem like you are trying to defend it based on unknown circumstances. Would he have shot him if he was armed, judging by the intent of that punch he would have if he did maybe not. You know as little as I do and you are pretending you are better equipped to judge than myself or others which you are not, all we have is a video with no audio but if you can't see how deliberate his actions are you aren't looking hard enough.
Oh cool, Draymond would have shot Poole now.

Reaction Score
I think it looked way worse to many people than it was. Poole was perfectly fine physically right after it happened and practiced the rest of the day.

Some people do seem really sheltered or oblivious to violence though, fatlucy doesn't think people punch/fight other people anymore.
It just simply doesn't happen as much as you are making it seem. It's not commonplace.

Unless you live inside of a boxing facility, this isn't an everyday occurrence.

Reaction Score
It just simply doesn't happen as much as you are making it seem. It's not commonplace.

Fatlucy flat out says it doesn't happen.

Of course it happens, the reality is it happens all the time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Or Chicago...where he is, I believe.

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score

Violence isn't commonplace? What people are saying now just show a vast divide between people's lives. Violence is very commonplace for a not small part of US society. People shouldn't use their own experience to judge the experience of others. It's simply impossible to do so effectively.

Reaction Score
Violence isn't commonplace? What people are saying now just show a vast divide between people's lives. Violence is very commonplace for a not small part of US society. People shouldn't use their own experience to judge the experience of others. It's simply impossible to do so effectively.
Sucker punching a teammate

Reaction Score
No one watches or cares anymore yet the salaries are astronomical and only going up. How do people get paid from a sport that no one watches? Do you guys really think before you hit post on some of this stuff?
Salary growth in the NBA has been declining now for the past 5 years, as has ticket sales. Major networks like CBS and NBC haven’t broadcast NBA games in years and could care less about bidding for playoffs and the finals, but they fall over themselves for professional golf, tennis, football and baseball.

Reaction Score
sorry for the last post, I should have had coffee before replying & didn't intend to offend. What I meant to say was there is no justification for his actions regardless of words exchanged & you post appeared to try to justify it.
I always appreciate your significant contributions here and am not trying to insult & want to make clear this is no attack on you.
I'm not trying to justify anything. I just think that there is more to it than what the video shows and posters have drawn there position based on personal feelings about Draymond and his past actions. But, I suppose that is to be expected in this jump to judgement world we live in.

polycom

Reaction Score
Salary growth in the NBA has been declining now for the past 5 years, as has ticket sales. Major networks like CBS and NBC haven’t broadcast NBA games in years and could care less about bidding for playoffs and the finals, but they fall over themselves for professional golf, tennis, football and baseball.

It's one thing to be wrong it's another to be loud and wrong. It's a 3rd to have a sub 1.0 reaction score to messages ratio. Even the most polarizing posters have 1.0+ ratios. Do better.

Reaction Score

Absolutely hilarious take. Not sure you understand how broadcasting works, but we'll see what the bids look like when the current deal expires.

Reaction Score
Absolutely hilarious take. Not sure you understand how broadcasting works, but we'll see what the bids look like when the current deal expires.
I’ve got one funnier for you. Ask 50 people on the street who were the NFL Champs last year, who won the World Series, and who won the NBA Championship. The results might surprise you. BTW I worked in broadcasting for 25 years.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom