OT: - Draymond Punches Jordan Poole | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Punches Jordan Poole

Reaction Score
He said most places of work. Name an occupation where you can sucker punch a co-worker and there won't be major repercussions.
In this situation where Poole was definitely talking smack and then pushed the dude when he got in his face. Doesn’t matter who threw the first punch, both parties would receive major repercussions. This isn’t a normal workplace though, so the punishment will be light for Draymond. Sports is different

Reaction Score
In this situation where Poole was definitely talking smack and then pushed the dude when he got in his face. Doesn’t matter who threw the first punch, both parties would receive major repercussions. This isn’t a normal workplace though, so the punishment will be light for Draymond. Sports is different
If talking smack was punished by getting sucker punched, Draymond would have irreversible brain damage.

This is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Lmao did you watch the video? When was Poole SCREAMING at Draymond? And when someone shoves their body on you, are you supposed to just be cool with that?

Weird choice to defend Draymond here, not unexpected though.
I'm not defending Draymond, I'm saying sports are totally different than the jobs the majority of people have. I'm guessing you can't yell at your co-worker calling them a m'fer, shove them, throw things at them, punch them, tackle them.

It's weird you think I'm defending Draymond, it's weird you think I said Poole screamed at Draymond and it's weird you don't understand it's a totally unique environment but not unexpected coming from you.

Reaction Score
I'm not defending Draymond, I'm saying sports are totally different than the jobs the majority of people have. I'm guessing you can't yell at your co-worker calling them a m'fer, shove them, throw things at them, punch them, tackle them.

It's weird you think I'm defending Draymond, it's weird you think I said Poole screamed at Draymond and it's weird you don't understand it's a totally unique environment but not unexpected coming from you.
A sucker punch is a sucker punch. Draymond has a history of altercations and obviously hasn't learned a damn thing. By not punishing him they are allowing it.

At least he said sorry though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

And now all sorts of great memories of being in the military come flooding back.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I knew someone was going to try and compare sports to an office job.
What would happen if Steve Kerr leveled an equipment guy (or gal) in a similar way? Fired. These guys don't get a pass because they're athletes. Guys making millions need to be accountable like any other employee. I'm not talking about pushing and shoving during physical practice.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Draymond pissed Poole will get paid before he does.. Anger builds and gets in Poolse face

Poole pushes him out of his airspace

Draymond Sucker Punches him with full fist. Lucky no serious injury

Wish he would be held accountable but he is too valuable a psycho.

Glad Steph shutdown crap stories about Poole acting selfish

Reaction Score
What would happen if Steve Kerr leveled an equipment guy (or gal) in a similar way? Fired. These guys don't get a pass because they're athletes. Guys making millions need to be accountable like any other employee. I'm not talking about pushing and shoving during physical practice.
They absolutely do get a pass because they're athletes. Steve Kerr was punched in the face by Jordan. You know what he did, used it as fuel to become a better player and someone Jordan could trust would make the big shot if he passed him the ball. It made their relationship much stronger and made them both better players.

This type of stuff has happened all the time over the years and it was squashed...we just didn't always have everything filmed, social media, and a relentless 24/7 news cycle.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Don’t see how that relationship can ever be repaired after this. Two important pieces of the warriors championship team, I’m interested to see how they resolve this issue

A good friend of mine threw hot wax on me and tried to choke me at a bar. We're still good friends.

Reaction Score
They absolutely do get a pass because they're athletes. Steve Kerr was punched in the face by Jordan. You know what he did, used it as fuel to become a better player and someone Jordan could trust would make the big shot if he passed him the ball. It made their relationship much stronger and made them both better players.

This type of stuff has happened all the time over the years and it was squashed...we just didn't always have everything filmed, social media, and a relentless 24/7 news cycle.

You're confusing what "should" happen and what "did" happen.

Was MJ fired? No. Should he have been fired? Hell yes. Assault is assault is assault even if you can put a round ball in a metal hoop pretty well.

Will Draymond get fired? No. He'll probably get a few game suspension. Should he be fired? Absolutely.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Jordan Poole is my new favorite player if this is true
429FB1BA-E468-4E4B-AB0D-49BB28B41749.png

Reaction Score
You're confusing what "should" happen and what "did" happen.

Was MJ fired? No. Should he have been fired? Hell yes. Assault is assault is assault even if you can put a round ball in a metal hoop pretty well.

Will Draymond get fired? No. He'll probably get a few game suspension. Should he be fired? Absolutely.
HuskyHawk said these guys don't get a pass because they're athletes. I didn't say they should or shouldn't, I said they do get a pass because they're athletes.

If you're asking for my opinion I think sports are just different and they should remain different. lt should be handled internally. Beefs are pretty much always squashed by the guys involved. The last thing I want is pressure from the outside world calling for firings, charges, and litigation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom