OT: - Draymond Punches Jordan Poole | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Draymond Punches Jordan Poole

Reaction Score
A good friend of mine threw hot wax on me and tried to choke me at a bar. We're still good friends.

That's funny, my freshman year roommate broke a bottle over my head in a drunken stupor and tried to stab me with it. I called him a few weeks ago to get a recommendation for an expert witness.

Reaction Score
Draymond is wrong, but anyone calling it a sucker punch must have never seen a true sucker punch or been in a fight.
maybe not a sucker punch by the strictest of definitions but surely a sucker move. initiates the conflict by walking over to JP's space, chest bumping him and getting in his face. Then responds to a "get off me" shove by launching himself into a punch against a guy who was looking at the practice court. Draymond is a bozo who can't control himself.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the pop-ups and ads I get after googling that.
Such a sheltered life. You need to watch The Aristocrats tonight.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
if he wasn’t a “Baller”. He would be in jail because he has the IQ of a cantelope. I have zero respect for morons. He’ll still wind up in jail one day.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He said most places of work. Name an occupation where you can sucker punch a co-worker and there won't be major repercussions.
I was fired for telling someone I’ll make them cry. Still got unemployment though as I proved that he deserved to be taught a lesson. Sometimes you just gotta knock some sense into people. So I kinda understand where Draymond is coming from.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Agreed, maybe it’s just the environment I grew up in but if someone gets in your face you push them and then need to be on high alert. Don’t consider it a sucker punch if you have had contact with them or they are walking right towards you
Something similar happened to me. Was playing pickup ball and the other team’s point guard kept driving down the lane and doing a scoop layup. I finally had enough and laid the wood to him to let him know enough was enough. He hit me in the face with the basketball as he got up off the ground. I grabbed him by the shirt and repeatedly punched him in the forehead. Unlucky for me his sister was there and wanted revenge. Neither one could land a punch and eventually cooler heads prevailed but he didn’t try going into the paint again after that.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He hands the ball off to Steph/Klay to hit threes, his passing is vastly overrated.
Duncan and Kawai schooled Draymond’s clown self. He’s lucky the warriors are stacked and teams hardly pay attention to Draymond.

Reaction Score
It’s wild how many people are defending this.

It’s one thing if two guys get in each other’s faces and punch it out. By all accounts, that’s more common than we hear about.

This wasn’t that. Poole didn’t shove Draymond for no reason. He pushed him off when Draymond got right up in his face - and then Draymond did a full windup and clocked Poole in the face when he wasn’t looking.

He’s just not a good person.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's funny, my freshman year roommate broke a bottle over my head in a drunken stupor and tried to stab me with it. I called him a few weeks ago to get a recommendation for an expert witness.

Ha. There is a common thread running through our stories.

I suppose the fact he had no memory of it helped me forgive him rather quickly.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It’s wild how many people are defending this.

It’s one thing if two guys get in each other’s faces and punch it out. By all accounts, that’s more common than we hear about.

This wasn’t that. Poole didn’t shove Draymond for no reason. He pushed him off when Draymond got right up in his face - and then Draymond did a full windup and clocked Poole in the face when he wasn’t looking.

He’s just not a good person.
The heavy investigation is now to find the source of the video leak. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We got another one!

Try screaming at and shoving your co-workers too.
Both are wrong. Draymond is more wrong. The days of being able to hit anyone for anything than protecting yourself from real harm are over. There’s no debating it. Doesn’t matter is it’s sports or office of construction site.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said these guys don't get a pass because they're athletes. I didn't say they should or shouldn't, I said they do get a pass because they're athletes.

If you're asking for my opinion I think sports are just different and they should remain different. lt should be handled internally. Beefs are pretty much always squashed by the guys involved. The last thing I want is pressure from the outside world calling for firings, charges, and litigation.
I get that it’s different. It’s not IBM or Morgan Stanley. But the law does actually apply to these guys when not playing. Draymond is a P o S. He’s burned any excuses or second chances. A guy his size can literally kill somebody with a punch like that. Certainly can cause a concussion.

Reaction Score
Both are wrong. Draymond is more wrong. The days of being able to hit anyone for anything than protecting yourself from real harm are over. There’s no debating it. Doesn’t matter is it’s sports or office of construction site.
It literally does matter because nothing severe will happen to Draymond other than a couple game suspension. If people got fired from sports for getting into fight there would be no players on NFL team lol

Reaction Score
Absolute piece of crap in so many ways. What would you expect from a guy who thinks so much of himself? Just not a good guy at all, never was. Listen to him on his show, he’s full of himself not even close to who he thinks he is. A joke!

Reaction Score

The Warriors will move on from this and be fine. It’s a video out into the public eye so everyone thinks it’s their business and should be judge and jury. It’s a team matter and will be handled that way.
By no means am I defending Draymond he’s a dick.

Reaction Score

The Warriors will move on from this and be fine. It’s a video out into the public eye so everyone thinks it’s their business and should be judge and jury. It’s a team matter and will be handled that way.
By no means am I defending Draymond he’s a dick.

reading the article in The Athletic from pretty much the most connected Warriors source and Draymond got alot of work to do to be accepted back in that locker room. If he's writing that then that's coming from Steph, Draymond effed up badly and considering he never wants to admit when he's wrong and messed something up its gonna be interesting how he moves forward.

Reaction Score
Not a “sucker punch” per se, but a beyotch move for sure. Draymond was looking for any reason to throw a punch and made sure he’d have one by leaning in to Poole like he did. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Reaction Score

Don’t see how that relationship can ever be repaired after this. Two important pieces of the warriors championship team, I’m interested to see how they resolve this issue

Finally TMZ got some footage that isn't a complete waste of time

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A good friend of mine threw hot wax on me and tried to choke me at a bar. We're still good friends.
Yeah, I hate it when a spa treatment goes bad.

Reaction Score
That was a brutal punch. Green escalated that way beyond where he should have. That’s the kind of punch that can kill someone. If I’m Poole, I’d tell the Warriors it’s him or me. I’d want revenge for that and I’d try to get it if I had to be around him everyday. Not sure how, but I’d hurt him. It’s a dangerous situation. A young man with an ego won’t just let that go. It will be toxic for the team to keep them on the roster together and it is unfair to Poole to make him play nice with Green. Poole has probably thought of a million ways to hurt Green by now.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Draymond is one of probably less than 5 people in the NBA that can guard 1-5. He is also a fantastic passer. When you have Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Wiggins, Durant, etc. you don’t need another person that can score he fits perfectly with the warriors.

Here's my thing with Draymond: He deserves credit for becoming a very valuable all around player ... but he kind of got handed the opportunity to mold himself into that. I think a lot of guys could make themselves that player if handed that choice or be out of the league. He was a nobody coming in and saw that opportunity with such a stacked roster and uniquely built (for the time) team.

What he does is great, but it's not exactly spectacular. Mostly, just not many NBA guys are willing to do it AND get the perfect fit opportunity to do so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom