2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) East Catholic is better than many nepsac schools. Most, in fact.

2) the reason they AREN'T in Nepsac is because they don't want to pay the fees. Same with Sacred Heart.

Reaction Score
Can he re classify and enroll at U Conn? We sure could use him next year.
DC attended the Houston game at Gampel last year. Great game and atmosphere and UCONN won . Saw what a big game at UConn was like.
Could he fit in with the players we have?

You know what an awsome home crowd situation we have.
You could tell from the game clip vs EC he loves his coach at BC.

Reaction Score
Can he re classify and enroll at U Conn? We sure could use him next year.
DC attended the Houston game at Gampel last year. Great game and atmosphere and UCONN won . Saw what a big game at UConn was like.
Could he fit in with the players we have?

You know what an awsome home crowd situation we have.
You could tell from the game clip vs EC he loves his coach at BC.

No, he's a true junior. If anything, there's a chance he could do a post grad year and reclass to 2023.

Reaction Score
1616888756047.jpg

Reaction Score
Clingan has 4 fouls with 5 minutes left right now. Bristol up 7.

I really, really hope EC loses. I hate that they're allowed to play in a public school league. It's fricking stupid.
My kid lost to St. Joseph in the state tournament three of four years. Her team was limited to kids from our town, St. Joe's recruits from all over and gives scholarships.

Reaction Score
My kid lost to St. Joseph in the state tournament three of four years. Her team was limited to kids from our town, St. Joe's recruits from all over and gives scholarships.

Preach. If st. Joes doesn't want to pay nepsac fees that's great--let them play in CIAC in their own league! Then ciac gets more money, the private schools save, and it stays competitive for everyone. Just makes more sense.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
it's really bad in football. So many years spent in S and M and they have all the best kids from the region.
They're still in S for lacrosse...have won the last two

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can someone tag Hurley’s account and tell him to lock this kid up immediately

Reaction Score
I don't think geography has anything to do with enrollment at Catholic schools other than how far someone wants to commute.

Could he go the Andrew Bynum route.
True. There was a kid on baseball team two years ago who was commuting in with his mom from Newtown area.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
All high schools, public and private, recruit. The private schools just do it more openly.

Reaction Score
They should not be part of the CIAC (or, at the very least, a separate division). Catholic schools recruit. That is cheating the CIAC rules. Sacred Heart is closing- and good riddance.
A high school coach cannot go to the middle schools in his town to talk to the kids about his program. It is considered recruiting. What these Catholic schools do is so blatantly against the CIAC rules it is ridiculous.

some public schools recruit too. And, that should not go unpunished. OR- just make it legal and watch the madness.

Reaction Score
All high schools, public and private, recruit. The private schools just do it more openly.

Privates do it without consequence.
To say all public schools recruit is just not true or they are terrible at it.

Town I live in never has a player come in from another town that is an impact player. We have lost 2 big impact players to EC however..

The folks that want to make excuses for the privates are just not being honest with themselves. They have an enormous advantage and its very apparent

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
That's kind of the point, isn't it? If there's a really good player who lives in East Hartford, but wants to play for the Manchester HS coach, he can't. He'd have to move to Manchester. But he could play for East Catholic.

The Catholic high schools should have their own league. We have the same issue with St. John's High School in Shrewsbury, MA. They recruit all over Central MA including getting most of the best players out of Worcester. They play mostly public schools and play in the state tournament with public high schools. It doesn't make any sense to me. They absolutely have an unfair advantage over public high schools.
If I'm not mistaken, any Connecticut high school student can attend any public high school. All they have to do is pay the city per pupil expenditure.
Uconn women's player Maria Conlon lived in Derby while she played for Seymour high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom