Dom Amore: If Big 12 calls, UConn will have to choose between Big East love and Power Five money. | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: If Big 12 calls, UConn will have to choose between Big East love and Power Five money.

Reaction Score
The just had a school in the national title game, something half of the non-UConn BE schools have never done in men's basketball.
Yeah, they even scored a first quarter touchdown. Then got outscored 65-0 the rest of the game and Georgia took it easy on them.

Reaction Score
The more these threads go on, the more I'm seeing we might be big time basketball fans but we're not a big time athletics fan base.
So what? I'd rather enjoy the precious gemstone we have in Bball than be like Icarus... Again

Reaction Score
How many football titles does big12 have in about 30 years? Let’s do it this way for my friends here.
Not sure what your exact point of asking is, but its an interesting history question. Here is the rundown back until 1985 (Oklahoma and Nebraska each won multiples on the 70's):
2005 - Texas
2000 - Oklahoma
1997 - Nebraska
1995 - Nebraska
1994 - Nebraska
1990 - Colorado
1985 - Oklahoma

Certainly, since 2005 the SEC has dominated with 13 titles, next is the ACC with 3, and the B1G with 1.

Reaction Score
So you're basically saying we can't be successful in any P6 conference not named the Big East?
We played this game already. We lost. We thrive in the big east. Outside this board CT does not care about college football... Even further, once you get past Pennsylvania, the NE doesn't care about college football.

You would have an argument if we hadn't already been there and done that with a southwest centric college football focused league.

We have already played this game.

Reaction Score
In the perfect world I want Uconn to be in the big east but why does UConn always have to do what’s best for the big east and never ourselves.

The big East suspended us from BE tourney play in our tourney ban year, we have saved the Big East reputation in March, remember the one sided officiating against us in BE play this year.

So we have to sacrifice money for all our athletic programs including basketball for the Big East but we’re the ones who have to be everyone’s hero. So if we jump at an offer we’re the bad guys.

Reaction Score
We played this game already. We lost. We thrive in the big east. Outside this board CT does not care about college football... Even further, once you get past Pennsylvania, the NE doesn't care about college football.

You would have an argument if we hadn't already been there and done that with a southwest centric college football focused league.

We “played that game” with a coach who literally didn’t show up for work anymore. Dan Hurley is not Kevin Ollie. And the B12 is not even remotely close to the AAC. It’s such a stupid argument and quite frankly it’s insulting to Dan Hurley to suggest he couldn’t be successful in the best basketball conference in the country

Reaction Score

It's an apples and oranges game if you're comparing the AAC and the Big12.

Reaction Score
We “played that game” with a coach who literally didn’t show up for work anymore. Dan Hurley is not Kevin Ollie. And the B12 is not even remotely close to the AAC. It’s such a stupid argument and quite frankly it’s insulting to Dan Hurley to suggest he couldn’t be successful in the best basketball conference in the country
If you think we'd have banner number 5 with hurley while still in the AAC then I have a bridge to sell ya.

BTW the new Big12 will be 25% AAC and the biggest negative of the AAC will still be the most prevalent issue in the big 12

It is a SOUTHWEST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. We are a NORTHEAST basketball powerhouse.

Oil Meet Vinegar

Reaction Score
1684805020294.png

Reaction Score
Not sure what your exact point of asking is, but its an interesting history question. Here is the rundown back until 1985 (Oklahoma and Nebraska each won multiples on the 70's):
2005 - Texas
2000 - Oklahoma
1997 - Nebraska
1995 - Nebraska
1994 - Nebraska
1990 - Colorado
1985 - Oklahoma

Certainly, since 2005 the SEC has dominated with 13 titles, next is the ACC with 3, and the B1G with 1.
The Big Eight was great in football and when they merged with the Southwest Conference it was great football for a period of time but all the really good football schools left the Big 12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This idea that the Big East is weak, unstable, doesn't pay, can't compete, isn't a power conference in basketball is beyond dumb
Well, everything except "doesn't pay" because… Math.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If you think we'd have banner number 5 with hurley while still in the AAC then I have a bridge to sell ya.

BTW the new Big12 will be 25% AAC and the biggest negative of the AAC will still be the most prevalent issue in the big 12

It is a SOUTHWEST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. We are a NORTHEAST basketball powerhouse.

Oil Meet Vinegar

We won banner 4 in the AAC?

Reaction Score
So what? I'd rather enjoy the precious gemstone we have in Bball than be like Icarus... Again
I think you're right, I cannot imagine another big time athletics P5 fanbase saying efff em to a major university sport program like we're doing here. I guess we're where we deserve to be.

Reaction Score
I think you're right, I cannot imagine another big time athletics P5 fanbase saying efff em to a major university sport program like we're doing here. I guess we're where we deserve to be.
Youre willing To sacrifice our legendary basketball program at the alter of bigger checks.

I'm a broken record but I'll keep playing on repeat.

Name one basketball program that improved after leaving the big east... I'll wait

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The sneakiest part of this conversation is the probability of the Big East keeping up its strength in basketball going forward. We joined at a very good time for the league, but is it sustainable?

Jay Wright is gone. Nova went the obviously predictable wrong path of letting his favorite assistant take over, and it’ll be years before they let the next guy clean his mess.

Pitino and Matta are dead men collecting their final checks. Pitino is only at St John’s because it’s close to his favorite golf course, and pays more than Iona.

Miller and Shaka are only at their schools because of personal context, they’ll be back at Texas and Arizona level schools asap.

Georgetown settled for a mediocre coach, who’s probably the most hated in the country among fans.

McDermott has been openly searching for a new job ever since his racism dropped.

PC, DePaul, and Butler may as well be Wake or BC. They don’t matter, and will never attract coaching talent at the level of a B12 program.

We need to be among the best of the rest before the ACC implodes. With us in the mix, it adds incentive for the B12 to add schools like Cuse/Duke/Louisville as natural eastern rivals for us, and to solidify its basketball superiority over the P2.

And that’s before all the financial, and other athletic programs that benefit from the affiliation.

Reaction Score
Youre willing To sacrifice our legendary basketball program at the alter of bigger checks.

I'm a broken record but I'll keep playing on repeat.

Name one basketball program that improved after leaving the big east... I'll wait
I have a lot more faith in UConn men's basketball than you do.

Reaction Score
The sneakiest part of this conversation is the probability of the Big East keeping up its strength in basketball going forward. We joined at a very good time for the league, but is it sustainable?

Jay Wright is gone. Nova went the obviously predictable wrong path of letting his favorite assistant take over, and it’ll be years before they let the next guy clean his mess.

Pitino and Matta are dead men collecting their final checks. Pitino is only at St John’s because it’s close to his favorite golf course, and pays more than Iona.

Miller and Shaka are only at their schools because of personal context, they’ll be back at Texas and Arizona level schools asap.

Georgetown settled for a mediocre coach, who’s probably the most hated in the country among fans.

McDermott has been openly searching for a new job ever since his racism dropped.

PC, DePaul, and Butler may as well be Wake or BC. They don’t matter, and will never attract coaching talent at the level of a B12 program.

We need to be among the best of the rest before the ACC implodes. With us in the mix, it adds incentive for the B12 to add schools like Cuse/Duke/Louisville as natural eastern rivals for us, and to solidify its basketball superiority over the P2.

And that’s before all the financial, and other athletic programs that benefit from the affiliation.
Thank You

Reaction Score

Ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom