DiJonai Carrington top-3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

DiJonai Carrington top-3

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I’m sorry. Did I miss something about Carrington?! I never heard of her until today. Now she’s boosting programs for national contention <scratching head>
Not sure she's THAT good, but recent history - numerous teams have had transfers have a HUGE impact on winning the NC.

Kaela Davis and Alisha Gray at SC. T'ea Cooper at Baylor this past year. Chloe Jackson in 2019 when they won it all. Shepard for ND back a few years. I would even say Shannon Bobbit for the 2 NC's that Tennessee won during the Parker years - as talented as Tennessee was, without that JUCO transfer, I don't think they win either NC.

I'm sure I'm missing a few others but it seem that all those teams who won it all were missing a key piece from the previous year, and BAM. transfer. Win NC. Booyeah.

Reaction Score
Now, that young lady has serious game...What does she bring to UCONN that will make UCONN better?...Can she add 20 minutes a night? UCONN is finally loaded this season if everybody stays healthy. Geno and staff have some surprises coming very soon....

Reaction Score
Her brother Darren left Oregon to play at Utah
Yes, as she shows in her video. My point: there is a close family connection to Oregon and had Utah been on her list I would have mentioned it.
[/QUOTE]

in this interview she talks about only having visited Oregon out of the three schools in question and about what a great job Kelly Graves did with Sabrina.......................me thinks Oregon clearly has the upper hand in this transfer competition but who knows..................BTW she wants to get an advanced degree in psychology in order to be a criminal profiler...........

Reaction Score
Not if they are from a big city like NYC, Detroit, or New Orleans.
There are only 50 to 60 cases so far in Lane County Oregon home of the Ducks and two deaths from Corona in the county.

Reaction Score
I feel like Baylor and Oregon make the most sense given what both programs lost. Oregon may have the upper hand due to her being from the west coast.
Her brother went to Oregon.

Reaction Score
Again, and it's just me. I would prefer to give a scholarship to a player who I have studied for the past few years and feel comfortable with. I have a good sense of their health, what they will be able to contribute and know that the odds are they will be with me for the entire four years. With the graduate student you are just beginning to get used to them and they are just starting to adjust and, poof, the season and their career at Uconn is over.
The scholarship is not an issue. They have several to give and she would be gone after one season.

Reaction Score
I will say this about Carrington, before her most recent injury, she played Sabrina about as well as anyone over the years, Dijonai was a big loss for Stanford this year and would be a welcome addition to any team that would be lucky to add her. I hope she can get healthy and have the chance to compete at a high level and pursue her dreams.

Reaction Score
Now, that young lady has serious game...What does she bring to UCONN that will make UCONN better?...Can she add 20 minutes a night? UCONN is finally loaded this season if everybody stays healthy. Geno and staff have some surprises coming very soon....
Can you share the surprises?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I encourage BY’ers to go to uconnhuskygames and watch the UConn/Stanford game from 3 seasons ago, when Carrington, as a sophomore, had a terrific game against the Huskies, even though Stanford was easily handled by UConn on that night. Carrington scored inside and out and she also rebounded exceptionally well from the guard spot. When healthy, she is a talented player.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about 22 year old women any more, but she seems high maintenance. I wish her the best at Baylor or Oregon.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know much about 22 year old women any more, but she seems high maintenance. I wish her the best at Baylor or Oregon.
I didn't know much about her but I get the opposite impression. She is hard working-completed two degrees at Stanford. She is a tactician and a grinder. This Carrington quote sounds like it came straight out of the
mouth of Geno.

" What can I control every possession? I can’t control whether my shot is going to go in, I can’t control whether my pass is going to be perfect or whether my teammate is going to catch the pass. But I can control if I go up and get that rebound."

UCONN will love this kid and I would be disappointed if she ended up at Baylor or Oregon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

A Carrington high maintnence? :confused::confused::confused: I think you are mistaking her for those Carringtons

1588340368785.png

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I didn't know much about her but I get the opposite impression. She is hard working-completed two degrees at Stanford. She is a tactician and a grinder. This Carrington quote sounds like it came straight out of the
mouth of Geno.

" What can I control every possession? I can’t control whether my shot is going to go in, I can’t control whether my pass is going to be perfect or whether my teammate is going to catch the pass. But I can control if I go up and get that rebound."

UCONN will love this kid and I would be disappointed if she ended up at Baylor or Oregon.

It's a really impressive interview imo--articulate and very thoughtful throughout. It seems as if she loved her teammates at Stanford, but the coaching--not so much. I think she will thrive at, and be a significant addition to, any of the three schools that are her finalists.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's her knees, alas, that are high maintenance. I guess Geno et al are willing to take the risk. I wouldn't.
While Carrington’s health is certainly a question mark, if she accepts a scholarship to UConn as a graduate transfer, there is really very little to lose, even if she is unable to play effectively due to knee problems.

Think about an analogous situation with Touly. While her knees never permitted her to be effective, she is a wonderful young lady with a positive attitude, and UConn WBB was better off for her presence in Storrs.

Reaction Score
mouth of Geno.

Geno wants Carrington and he is The Best Coach in Women's Basketball so UConn Nation wants her!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While Carrington’s health is certainly a question mark, if she accepts a scholarship to UConn as a graduate transfer, there is really very little to lose, even if she is unable to play effectively due to knee problems.

Think about an analogous situation with Touly. While her knees never permitted her to be effective, she is a wonderful young lady with a positive attitude, and UConn WBB was better for her presence in Storrs.

A rare disagreement @oldude. Geno is not recruiting Girl Scouts. I don't want to beat this into the ground. If you had your druthers you would not be picking someone with 5 knee surgeries with a senior red shirt. The odds aren't terrific. After 7 months "off" and medical clearance she lasted just 5 games. That's what we know.

Apparently she has an offer. I suspect she's Oregon bound.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
A rare disagreement @oldude. Geno is not recruiting Girl Scouts. I don't want to beat this into the ground. If you had your druthers you would not be picking someone with 5 knee surgeries with a senior red shirt. The odds aren't terrific. After 7 months "off" and medical clearance she lasted just 5 games. That's what we know.

Apparently she has an offer. I suspect she's Oregon bound.
If I may interject and ask-this seems like a minimal risk offer. We have the scholoarship available to offer, she's definitely skill-wise UConn material, she's savvy and seems to meet the Geno/CD quality person aspect. If her knees don't hold up, she doesn't play and we are no worse off than we are now. IF she can play, she can help deepen our rotation especially while the freshman grasp what it takes to play at UConn. She will not be retarding anyone's development. What am I missing about your concern?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In this podcast she is asked is she fully healthy and she says she is not fully healthy and has a ways to go and is doing rehab in her home town and after that she has to get in shape though basketball shape requires basketball. At the 7:30 mark. Dijonai Carrington_4.30.2020

By the by, she talks what is attractive about each of the three programs toward the end of the podcast. UConn? First, it's UConn... goes on to talk about Geno et als player developement and WNBA readiness.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom