DiJonai Carrington top-3 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

DiJonai Carrington top-3

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm admittedly old school on some things. I thought the hype for a grad transfer was a bit much, but we know that Meg, Liv, and Christyn all had events for their announcements.

With regard to DJC, I cut her some slack for 2 reasons:

1. She was recently cheated out of a real graduation ceremony.

2. There are almost no live sports on TV now. This gives us a little bit of something.

My prediction is Baylor or possibly Oregon (if the Ducks have any room).

Reaction Score
I have no idea how this social media stuff works. Who pays her the $25K?

Mainly advertisers. An example would be a post where she is seen sipping a dunkin iced coffee with the caption "What would I do without dunkin." On Instagram the post is usually labeled as "paid partnership with..." and has the hashtag #ad. On tik tok, it can be a bit more challenging to decipher an ad vs a personal post due to the layout.

But when you have the ability to reach 56.5 million users, you theoretically have a larger viewing audience than some prime time television networks. Granted her following is mainly Gen Z who has less spending power than lets say Gen X.

Reaction Score
I think it is time out for rehashing a LOI being signed on the hood of a car. As far as we know it happened one time and it was not planned. It is a worn out phrase. Can't someone think of something original? Just saying.
Signing and committing are two different things. I'm sure there are players who have signed their letters in similarly mundane places as the hood of a car. You just don't hear about it.

Reaction Score
Geno typically recruits young women who are
-intelligent
-of good character
-uncommonly good at basketball

While not all are as articulate and engaging as, say,
Kia Nurse, they all come across as both bright and good
teammates.

It appears that he extended an offer to Ms. Carrington, so I assume she has the characteristics we are accustomed to seeing in members of the team.

Should Ms. Carrington choose UConn, I expect I'll be a fan of hers. I won't ask her to judge my (distinct lack of) social media activity, nor my hirsute facial adornments,
my tastes in music or political ideology. Her personal choices are not for me to judge.
Very well stated....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Signing and committing are two different things. I'm sure there are players who have signed their letters in similarly mundane places as the hood of a car. You just don't hear about it.
I don't think those other mundane places are mentioned on the BY. It would be nice to hear of them. I was not talking about committing, only signing. I know there is a difference. I have not read about any player committing while sitting on the hood of a car.:confused:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The Kardashian clan has 2 of the top 5 highest-paid Instagram influencers, including THE highest-paid, and 4 of the top 15. Their name got famous when Daddy defended OJ in his murder trial (and got him off). Other than that, and Daddy's ex-wife marrying the then-male Bruce Jenner, I don't know of anything they've done to actually earn their notoriety, but what do I know?

1. Kylie Jenner ($1.2 million per post)
2. Ariana Grande
3. Cristiano Ronaldo
4. Kim Kardashian-West ($910,000 per post)
5. Selena Gomez

13. Kendall Jenner
14. Khloe Kardashian

SMH: Kim Kardashian's non-medical masks sell out in under an hour
Even some teenagers wish to be just like Kylie Jenner and some write song's about her.

Reaction Score
Regardless of who Carrington chooses to go with, after her reveal tonight, you can bet there will be a lot of buzz about her decision no matter which way she goes. I predict some "sour grapes" comments criticizing her decision even if she chooses UConn. The trolls and haters will step out of the shadows tonight right after her reveal. :confused: I'm going to refrain from commenting on her reveal, and be content with reading the comments of others tonight. :cool:

Fixed.

I predict some "sour grapes" comments criticizing her decision even if she chooses (fill in the blank).

Reaction Score
I'm assuming Andrews in the PG next year. J. Oliver isn't bad but Andrews is a far more natural and gifted player at PG.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm assuming Andrews in the PG next year. J. Oliver isn't bad but Andrews is a far more natural and gifted player at PG.

We'll see. Andrews is more of a scoring PG which could pair well with Richards since Didi is like a 2nd PG on the court but I think Oliver gets the edge. She did well in limited minutes last year. Could also see Ursin beginning the year in the starting lineup after being a steady contributor the last 2 seasons. Although Ursin may do best in a sparkplug off the bench type of role, she plays with a lot of energy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Best opportunity for her to start, assuming she’s healthy, and as others have pointed out Baylor has had success over the past two seasons with graduate transfers at the guard spot.

Reaction Score
We'll see. Andrews is more of a scoring PG which could pair well with Richards since Didi is like a 2nd PG on the court but I think Oliver gets the edge. She did well in limited minutes last year. Could also see Ursin beginning the year in the starting lineup after being a steady contributor the last 2 seasons. Although Ursin may do best in a sparkplug off the bench type of role, she plays with a lot of energy.

Baylor is going to need more scoring punch from the perimeter. Don't think Kim has always been big on freshmen PG's but she will use them if they need to. My question with Oliver is she isn't a natural PG, she is better as an off guard but considering the area of need, Baylor will use her there mainly next year. J. Oliver has to improve her shooting, especially from the FT line, her numbers were horrendous. I think Andrews wins the PG spot eventually but it may be musical chairs early. Oliver likely gets the nod early due to being in the system for a year already.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom