DiJonai Carrington top-3 | The Boneyard

DiJonai Carrington top-3

Reaction Score
Hmm. There is a path to starting for her at the other two. I wonder if she has the fortitude to come off the bench at UConn while getting superior coaching.

Reaction Score
She's had a bunch of knee injuries, including most of last season.

Reaction Score
So transfers are now releasing videos naming their top schools? I didn't know that was a thing.

There was nothing else to do during covid lockdown, you can only watch so many Netflix movies, so she put the time in making the video to entertain other people :) Nothing wrong with that.

My prediction, Oregon.

Reaction Score
So transfers are now releasing videos naming their top schools?
66472342-DA44-4704-B39A-46AAC7FEF7B0.gif

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Interesting to say the least.

Could she start for UConn - yes. Not saying she will.

I would have concerns over her health/ knees.
Yes, maybe, and yes.

Speaking as a Stanford fan, I find those choices to be, uh, interesting. Oregon makes some sense given that they lose so much, and maybe Baylor too? But I have a hard time seeing her getting starter minutes at UConn, between what Geno is bringing back and what who he has coming in. I also don't think she's a great fit for UConn's more system-oriented offense. Most of her best plays came from driving into traffic and seeing what would stick, which, needless to say, is not the Geno way.

And all of that assumes she's back in full health. To my knowledge, there has never been an explanation as to what was wrong with her knee or why she needed an off-season surgery that (a) allowed her to return to playing starter minutes in early November but that (b) forced her to shut it down for the season 5 games in. Stanford fans have been puzzled all season about her injury status and were never given an explanation.

Regardless, she's a great player and wish her the best. Not sure if she couldn't swing an academic grad program or if she's ready to move on, but either way, I hope she gets a redemption season after what ended up being a really anticlimactic senior year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So transfers are now releasing videos naming their top schools? I didn't know that was a thing.
Cal transfer Mi'Cole Cayton announced her top 6 finalists one day before announcing her commitment to Nebraska.

It was the first time I'd ever seen a finalist list from a transfer. The video is, I suppose, a step up from that.

Reaction Score
That's odd. You would think there would need to be interest and an offer for her to put UCONN as a potential choice here. I just can't see her getting substantial minutes with the guards we will have coming back and into the program.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
That's odd. You would think there would need to be interest and an offer for her to put UCONN as a potential choice here. I just can't see her getting substantial minutes with the guards we will have coming back and into the program.

lol. I promise you there is interest and an offer. Albeit unusual, this isn’t the same as the high school freshmen who put out edits with all 50 schools that have sent them a letter.

Carrington is obviously a smart cookie and I’m sure she’s weighed the pros and cons of all three.

Reaction Score
I think graduate transfer is little difference than undergraduate transfer.
First they don't have to waive one year, and then they will finish their 4 year college already.

Reaction Score
I could see her earning minutes at uconn if healthy. Right now we return 4 players who played last season. Makurat, Williams, and ONO are guaranteed rotation players. Griffin is more unknown to me as a lot seems to rely on her refining things on offense. But she will be in the rotation. Add Westbrook and that’s a fifth. Although her health in unknown.

Then we have five freshman. Bueckers and Edwards would be my guess as rotation players. Nika, Mir and Paith are more unknown for me.

yes our depth is at the guard spot, but adding a seasoned player who has played well in big games couldn’t hurt. I think a lot of us underestimate just how young we will be next season, especially losing Walker. If the interest is mutual, I'd rather see her in a UConn uniform than a Baylor one.

Reaction Score
lol. I promise you there is interest and an offer. Albeit unusual, this isn’t the same as the high school freshmen who put out edits with all 50 schools that have sent them a letter.

Carrington is obviously a smart cookie and I’m sure she’s weighed the pros and cons of all three.

I mean obviously there is, I am just a bit surprised by that. Do you think she plays major minutes over Evina, Christyn, Anna, Paige and Nika?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

UConn, Oregon, and Baylor.

Don't forget UConn could really use a graduate transfer that is skilled, experienced and can play THIS coming season. Carrington checks all of those boxes. She's already mastered all of the things the newbies haven't learned yet. She can help us while the freshmen are getting their "sea legs", and getting up to speed. UConn is in the running. Argonaut says there was an offer made. I trust that poster's representation! I'd like to see the roster increased to 12. Right now, I believe it's at 10. I also trust in Geno. He offered her, he wants her, that’s good enough for me. The link to the article below details his interest in her.

Question, since Jasmine Lister is no longer on ”active” duty, who's keeping in touch with our potential recruits, and helping to close deals of this nature? Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. :) We have a 33% chance of bringing her in. We could use two grad transfers that could help us and play immediately.

Here's an article from the Journal Inquirer about Geno's interest in bringing Carrington to UConn:
UConn's Auriemma eyes Stanford transfer Carrington

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't do it. No grad transfers this year. First we don't even know if the Huskies are going to play this season, so what would be the point of going somewhere where there's such uncertainty? Plus it will be tough for a transfer that only has one year to play and trying to do so without summer workouts to ease the transition.

Reaction Score
I find it odd that people find it odd that our staff thinks we need to add another player.

We are one injury from not being able to practice 5 vs 5. 5 of our 10 players are freshman. One is a transfer coming off a knee injury.

I am puzzled why people are puzzled we want one of the more impactful players on the transfer market for a one year rental to fill a need and depth and maybe even help actually win us a championship? Low risk high reward. A no brainer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't forget UConn could really use a graduate transfer that is skilled, experienced and can play THIS coming season. Carrington checks all of those boxes. This gives us something to look forward to. She can help us while the freshmen are getting their "sea legs". :cool: Question, since Jasmine Lister is no longer on staff, who's keeping in touch with our potential recruits, and helping to close the deals? I believe we lost out on several recruits when Marisa Moseley (who had cultivated a relationship with many of them) went home to take over the program at her alma mater Boston University.

I've given up ever finding out the truth about the Lister situation or who our 3rd assistant coach is (or will be?).

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I mean obviously there is, I am just a bit surprised by that. Do you think she plays major minutes over Evina, Christyn, Anna, Paige and Nika?

Nika is more of a true point who will be learning to play the two, so won’t be competing for minutes there.

Do I think she could come in and play 40mpg while any of those three ride the pine? Nah. But looking at the three guard positions, if you split their time evenly, each guard could get 20mpg. Nika would likely get less, the other five would likely get more. Paige’s minutes will fluctuate because, well, she’s a freshman.

I will be SHOCKED if she chooses UConn. It’s a gamble because if she comes and plays well, she’ll get minutes, the best coaching in basketball, and a really solid chance to win a NC. If she chooses UConn and doesn’t hit the ground running, it’ll be hard to claw her way off the bench with the other talent around her. If she’s trying to set herself up for a pro career (which I assume she is...), the latter would be really problematic.

Like others have said, she could play a bigger role for either Oregon or Baylor. Not to mention, Kim has had great success with big name grad transfers the last two years and Moore did well with Kelly this year.

As a UConn fan, I want depth and leadership, and with our roster currently 70% underclassmen, and I realize Carrington would bring both.

Reaction Score
I find it odd that people find it odd that our staff thinks we need to add another player.

We are one injury from not being able to practice 5 vs 5. 5 of our 10 players are freshman. One is a transfer coming off a knee injury.

I am puzzled why people are puzzled we want one of the more impactful players on the transfer market for a one year rental to fill a need and depth and maybe even help actually win us a championship? Low risk high reward. A no brainer.

I just think it's odd that that player would be a guard, but I wouldn't be mad about it. I just think there is a much bigger need for a front court player, but this doesn't mean there couldn't be a grad or transfer post coming as well. The more the merrier right now with the teams best player leaving unexpectedly and the roster down to 10.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Question, since Jasmine Lister is no longer on staff, who's keeping in touch with our potential recruits, and helping to close deals of this nature? I believe we lost out on several recruits the last two classes when Marisa Moseley (who had cultivated a relationship with many of them) went home to take over the program at her alma mater Boston University. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. :) We have a 33% chance of having her come to Storrs.
When was it announced that Jasmine is no longer on the UConn staff. The last I saw was Geno talking to Lobo a couple of weeks ago and he just basically stated that the situation was up in the air.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom