Developing Jay Stewart in game might be reasonable | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Developing Jay Stewart in game might be reasonable

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We're not stalling anything, he played in those games
He didn’t play in the big games.
Rotations will change with DC out for a few weeks. Stewart's time will come in that window as long as he earns it . As Hurley says-Players earn PT in practice.
I guess the next fact this place will ignore is that Hurley already said he earned the PT in practice. Which makes it more confusing why he isn’t playing much and would make sense if the kid is frustrated by that.

Reaction Score
Serious question, do you think you understand the team dynamics better than Hurley, Kimani, Tom and Luke? Seriously

Serious answer, no but as most do I on this Husky sports talk venue like to give my opinion. Here’s the deal you don’t like my doing so, don’t read it then how’s that? Kid should’ve played versus the Hall period, you don’t like that I don’t care. The team sucked not to find a couple minutes to see if this talented kid could’ve added anything is ridiculous to me. And by the way the staff had as bad of a game as the team itself. But that’s just me and that’s what this BY is for.

Reaction Score

I guess the next fact this place will ignore is that Hurley already said he earned the PT in practice. Which makes it more confusing why he isn’t playing much and would make sense if the kid is frustrated by that.
IMO. Earning PT is a continuum. Every day. Not a once in awhile thing. The coaching staff/teammates/Stewart are the only ones that know how he's doing. No one wants to play Stewart more than Hurley. Hope it works out for the young man. We need bangers at the 3/4 spot off the bench.

Reaction Score
You didn't say that, you said he needed to play against the cupcakes and he did. I think I need to just put you back on ignore though like I did last year. The constant complaining gets so tiresome, especially when 90% of your posts are just blatantly untrue

Reaction Score
IMO. Earning PT is a continuum. Every day. Not a once in awhile thing. The coaching staff/teammates/Stewart are the only ones that know how he's doing. No one wants to play Stewart more than Hurley. Hope it works out for the young man. We need bangers at the 3/4 spot off the bench.

We don’t have bangers at the 3/4 spot and they aren’t coming through that door for a while unless the portal is good to us. I agree it’s a need, but we also need to back up Alex with what we have. Castle is such a solid rebounder he can be relied on but then we get too small. Need to widen the bench with DC down but they know better than I, bejesus!

Reaction Score
Portal works both ways, lack of playing time might make a guy more likely to leave but it also makes it easier to replace them. We saw it when people complained about diggins, akok, and Floyd not playing. We’re also seeing now with samson, and a couple other less extreme examples of Hurley waiting until it was appropriate to play them more and then excelling. Guys will and should get minutes when those minutes give us the best chance to win. Period.

Reaction Score
FWIW.. I see the schedule in next 5-6 games as potential opportunities for Stewart and the other freshmen for PT before we head into the meat-grinder part of our schedule.

Hope they can enjoy some time with their families in the next few days. Come back re-energized and ready to rock n roll.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We don’t have bangers at the 3/4 spot and they aren’t coming through that door for a while unless the portal is good to us. I agree it’s a need, but we also need to back up Alex with what we have. Castle is such a solid rebounder he can be relied on but then we get too small. Need to widen the bench with DC down but they know better than I, bejesus!
Also having Castle play the 4 takes away what’s suppose to be an advantage for him. He’s a big guard. He can’t take advantage of his size offensively if he’s playing against other 4s.

Just another reason to roll the dice on developing one of Stewart or Ross with a long term goal of having them ready for March.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You didn't say that, you said he needed to play against the cupcakes and he did. I think I need to just put you back on ignore though like I did last year. The constant complaining gets so tiresome, especially when 90% of your posts are just blatantly untrue
Yes I did man. You know and means both things have to happen to be true right?

I really don’t care if you put me on ignore. I’ll do it for you.

Reaction Score
He didn’t look happy during time outs and huddles at last nights game. I’d be concerned at this point.
You mean when he was actively clapping, screaming, and smiling during every cut scene to the bench during our runs? Yeah, go be concerned.

Reaction Score

Funny thing is whoever is threatening to put you on ignore I already have there because I have no idea who or what you are replying to here lol. Won’t hurt I’m sure 611!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Funny thing is whoever is threatening to put you on ignore I already have there because I have no idea who or what you are replying to here lol. Won’t hurt I’m sure 611!
Haha I’ll give you one guess ma, it rhymes with ravery.

I don’t usually put people on ignore but I probably should’ve just done that awhile ago.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Is English your second language?
I have a 23-month old granddaughter who lives around the corner from me. Her mom lived with me when she was that age. Strictly speaking, they both began with crying, grunting, babbling, vocalizing, and such. And that's just considering verbal language. I'm pretty sure that I was much the same way.

All of us were surrounded by English-speaking people and eventually transitioned (or are currently developing) into this common household language. As such, English is best argued as my second language.

If you hadn't asked so pointedly, I might not have thought of it that way. Thanks, that was fun. I'll have to take that into my next encounter with my reigning favorite toddler.

How about you?
Why did you ask?

Are your questions better than my answers? If so, better at what?

Reaction Score
I have a 23-month old granddaughter who lives around the corner from me. Her mom lived with me when she was that age. Strictly speaking, they both began with crying, grunting, babbling, vocalizing, and such. And that's just considering verbal language. I'm pretty sure that I was much the same way.

All of us were surrounded by English-speaking people and eventually transitioned (or are currently developing) into this common household language. As such, English is best argued as my second language.

If you hadn't asked so pointedly, I might not have thought of it that way. Thanks, that was fun. I'll have to take that into my next encounter with my reigning favorite toddler.

How about you?
Why did you ask?

Are your questions better than my answers? If so, better at what?
Tedious.

Reaction Score
You mean when he was actively clapping, screaming, and smiling during every cut scene to the bench during our runs? Yeah, go be concerned.

Obviously not every cut smart a s s because I didn’t see it. Saw him during 2 time outs in which he hardly listened or put his hand in for break. If he was other than that other times I am happy. I’m really glad you let me know too:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It’s just nice to be able to have debate around player development/ minutes again. Wasn’t too long ago we were just concerned about not getting our heads beat in by 40 points.

Reaction Score

Guys life is to short not to get along. I see this stuff too much. Just a friendly agree to disagree or non negative reply is best. Merry Xmas with good vibes for everyone

Reaction Score
Terse.
cowardly
I don’t usually ignore people, and never saw any reason to ignore you before, but just give it up. You claim to not understand me. I tried to respond, but nothing is ever good enough. Agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Obviously not every cut smart a s s because I didn’t see it. Saw him during 2 time outs in which he hardly listened or put his hand in for break. If he was other than that other times I am happy. I’m really glad you let me know too:rolleyes:
You are welcome - I’m always game to try and help people who don’t pay attention. Happy Holidays!

Reaction Score
The best way to get him on the court is for the starting 5 to do their job and open up a double digit lead. Much easier to get minutes for the less experienced players when there’s some slack built into the score.

That should have been Seton Hall but we know how that went. Harder against SJU without DC but was still possible, game was closer than it should have been

When it’s a tight game against a very physical opponent, throwing a freshman into the fire is not how a top 5-aspiring team would react. Need to build leads and give them lower pressure opportunities

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The best way to get him on the court is for the starting 5 to do their job and open up a double digit lead. Much easier to get minutes for the less experienced players when there’s some slack built into the score.

That should have been Seton Hall but we know how that went. Harder against SJU without DC but was still possible, game was closer than it should have been

When it’s a tight game against a very physical opponent, throwing a freshman into the fire is not how a top 5-aspiring team would react. Need to build leads and give them lower pressure opportunities
I just want to know when do we eventually let him play in real game situations then. I thought we did that in the non-conference already.

Is the expectation we don’t want to use him at all this year in games that matter?

Reaction Score
I just want to know when do we eventually let him play in real game situations then. I thought we did that in the non-conference already.

Is the expectation we don’t want to use him at all this year in games that matter?
We’re trying to win a championship. He’s not ready. You’re overthinking it

Reaction Score

I’d think some of those Karaban minutes would be up for grabs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom